The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The BOT problem will ever be fixed?

Tsukyme
Tsukyme
✭✭✭
I play on PS4 and Xbox NA and its just unbelievable
The amount of bots at beginning areas
US players cant farm, market is broken at traders
Its destroying the game, i play it for 9 years already and you guys never fixed that
Why wont you guys just put 1 Gamemaster in each platform to take care of it?
Every single MMO have a GM in-game
Qhen we report em its useleds bc you guys just ban the account not IP and then they come back again
k15z3868634c.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 21, 2023 8:10PM
"A'tvar where are you?"
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree but the damage is already done now tbh. It’s gone on for how many years now?

And the only time I noticed bots disappear is during free ESO weekends.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current threads seem to suggest bots are a particular problem on PS, as for PC I play on both EU and NA and never see them or miss out on harvest nodes these days despite spending a lot of time in the tutorial islands as they're very useful for a variety of endeavours. I used to see bots occasionally but that was a long time ago, and they don't bother me anyway as they only distort the trading system which is broken anyway. I never frequent the preferred farming locations elsewhere in the game.
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a different issue on PC...trade guilds grouping up and surrounding nodes, and chests they circuit areas and will blow you crap if you try to harvest anything for yourself.

But Yay trade guilds..they are so awesome and inventive :|
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It used to be just rubedite that they farmed in starter zones, but now they are taking runestones. There aren’t as many of those nodes as ore. Mundane runes are now an expensive commodity and desperately needed for housing furnishings, and this is making it impossible to collect a decent amount. As I mentioned in another thread, I think the bots are being equipped with Ring of the Wild Hunt (at least in Craglorn) because they move really fast and steal nodes you have already started gathering. I know it’s the lag but that is what it looks like.

Seriously, there are probably at least two dozen single bots on Stros M’Kai. I even see two of them waiting at the same node for it to respawn. I reported a few but it doesn’t make a difference, just wasting my time.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bots are in their essence undetectable, since they do not inject any code into the game.
    That's why we need to keep reporting them.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Current threads seem to suggest bots are a particular problem on PS.

They are everywhere on Xbox NA as well. Literally out of control.
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks, never seen this on PC for some reason.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Weird that it's common on consoles when it's almost non-existent on PC these days. We used to see those bot trains too but not for a few years now.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be just rubedite that they farmed in starter zones, but now they are taking runestones. There aren’t as many of those nodes as ore. Mundane runes are now an expensive commodity and desperately needed for housing furnishings, and this is making it impossible to collect a decent amount. As I mentioned in another thread, I think the bots are being equipped with Ring of the Wild Hunt (at least in Craglorn) because they move really fast and steal nodes you have already started gathering. I know it’s the lag but that is what it looks like.

Seriously, there are probably at least two dozen single bots on Stros M’Kai. I even see two of them waiting at the same node for it to respawn. I reported a few but it doesn’t make a difference, just wasting my time.

I think there are more than that in Bal Foyen, and yes going after Runestones as well as blacksmithing and even sometimes wood. It's like a plague of locusts.
    PS5/NA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wyrd88 wrote: »
    [snip]

Maybe you don’t, but you can’t speak for everyone.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 20, 2022 10:07AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Valion
    Valion
    ✭✭✭
    Playing on PC EU, I haven't witnessed anything like that ever after 2014.
    Maybe I was just lucky, but I suspect there are ways to get rid of these crooks.
    "What does not redound to the swarm's advantage, that does not serve the single bee either."
    - Marc Aurel

"We ask not how many, but where they are."
    - Dunmeri Valiant Vow
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bots do exist on PC.

Have you ever farmed a node but nothing is there?

That is down to bots.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My girlfriend and I still occasionally see a particular bot, both when playing together and separately, solo, on PC.
    The number it includes in Its account name is often incrementally higher than the last time we saw it, but it's the same bot; usually running 6-10 characters at a time.
    We've seen it posing in towns, harvesting nodes, and running dolmens; several different zones.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • BloodMagicLord
      BloodMagicLord
      ✭✭✭✭
      No, it will never be fixed.
      PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
      STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
    • Belidos
      Belidos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tyralbin wrote: »
      Have you ever farmed a node but nothing is there?

Nope never, and i spend at least a few hours a day every days farming nodes.

I don't deny that there are bots out there, but in the last couple of years i haven't witnessed any obvious bots on PC EU.
    • opalcity
      opalcity
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      PS4 here, There's been a cluster of farming bots (like copies of the same character, not sure of the official term) killing all the crabs near the Haven wayshrine. I went there to do the endeavour and every crab was dead. I could barely get any hits in.
      It's also really difficult to report more than one or two because you can't target them.
    • Destai
      Destai
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      There's always bots around Forelhost, farming the cats there. A GM could just park themselves there and ban left and right.
    • Tsukyme
      Tsukyme
      ✭✭✭
      Its really sad thry ate allowing the game to be taken by bots which damage US the players significantly on farming, gold and etc and do nothing about a sinple GM could take care of this 1 time per day
      "A'tvar where are you?"
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Saw a group farming mudcrabs in Grahtwood the other day. They're pretty much ubiquitous at this point.
    • oldbobdude
      oldbobdude
      ✭✭✭✭
      I’ve never seen bots (PC NA/EU) but I have a farming run I do on both NA and EU. The funny thing is the EU run will have the chests but nearly all the resource nodes have been harvested. I don’t know why.
      Edited by oldbobdude on June 20, 2022 11:34PM
    • Skullstachio
      Skullstachio
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The only time there will ever be a permanent solution to fixing the bot problem is if something similar can be done about the massive bot problem in team fortress 2. But only time will tell, but if ESO's bot problem can garner the same level of attention as TF2s bot problem, it may be a good start (since yongyea covered a video about TF2's rampant bot problem.)
      I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
      by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
    • SpiritofESO
      SpiritofESO
      ✭✭✭
      DagenHawk wrote: »
      We have a different issue on PC...trade guilds grouping up and surrounding nodes, and chests they circuit areas and will blow you crap if you try to harvest anything for yourself.

But Yay trade guilds..they are so awesome and inventive :|

I don't disagree but the whole issue the farming bots or trade guilds -- I hate to admit it -- does reduce trader prices a great deal. I stopped reporting bots a year ago when I finally got it into my head that ZOS was not ever going to do anything about them.

Solution: Writs produce surveys produce mats. Plus hirelings produce more mats. Also, there is more than one place that has Heavy Sacks on a fast respawn that keep giving mats on a rotational basis. If you know where, keep the location to yourself.

:D
      • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
      • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
      • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
      • "Adapt or Die"
    • Virys1967
      Virys1967
      ✭✭
      Bots are bumping into and overlapping each other, it's annoying on the edge of harrassment and I've kept a ticket open for months trying to get them to do something. I report on the same ticket every three days because they assume the problem has been resolved after four days with no update.
      Has anyone in any of these botting threads ever got a response as to why they are allowed and by all appearances encouraged to exploit nodes and harrass players?
      Mats are expensive in spite of people saying botting reduces prices at guild merchants, we all know that's a lie.
      Edited by Virys1967 on March 21, 2023 10:06AM
    • robwolf666
      robwolf666
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Virys1967 wrote: »
      Bots are bumping into and overlapping each other, it's annoying on the edge of harrassment and I've kept a ticket open for months trying to get them to do something. I report on the same ticket every three days because they assume the problem has been resolved after four days with no update.
      Has anyone in any of these botting threads ever got a response as to why they are allowed and by all appearances encouraged to exploit nodes and harrass players?
      Mats are expensive in spite of people saying botting reduces prices at guild merchants, we all know that's a lie.

I gave up reporting them, after years it's obvious they're not doing anything about them, despite that doing it breaches the server security to put third party code on it. I never thought I'd see bots on a XB server, or any console server.
    • zaria
      zaria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tandor wrote: »
      Current threads seem to suggest bots are a particular problem on PS, as for PC I play on both EU and NA and never see them or miss out on harvest nodes these days despite spending a lot of time in the tutorial islands as they're very useful for a variety of endeavours. I used to see bots occasionally but that was a long time ago, and they don't bother me anyway as they only distort the trading system which is broken anyway. I never frequent the preferred farming locations elsewhere in the game.
      Agree, long since I seen them and last time I saw an bot train it looked like real players doing AFK leveling with crown pets and similar.

Almost like the devs don't believe bots are possible on console, but PS 4 has been cracked long ago now.
      PC had serious problems with bots after launch and then they was suddenly gone.
      Grinding just make you go in circles.
      Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    • fizl101
      fizl101
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      If anyone is bored the mudcrab bots at ancestor landing on ps eu are there nearly permanently. They occasionally drop off for 15 minutes or so. I used to give them something to eat, but these days they seem to be able to shrug that off. Now if I need more chitin I go there and try to grab the mudcrabs before they drag them to the spot where they kill them and pick up all the resources. They probably don't care at all, but it makes me happy
      Soupy twist
    • Lixiviant
      Lixiviant
      ✭✭✭✭
      Oh, I absolutely hate these bots. I've been reporting them for years and I assume that ZOS does something, as the names of the Level 3 bots keep changing. And, it starts all over again; I report the new names. The only enjoyment I get is to get a little ahead of the bot and grab the resource before they can, and to watch them sit at the resource trying to reboot their run.

Sucks.
      PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    • Lumenn
      Lumenn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yeah, Xbox has gotten pretty bad, and I don't see the prices of mats dropping off much. I CAN say I've seen a couple of the starter areas bot free once or twice in the last few months, usually only lasting a day or two though. Not having bots used to be one of the few perks of playing on console but now it's a free for all. With the high requirements for each piece of furniture and the high prices for furniture mats SOMEONE'S making bank. Makes me wonder why zos isn't being more aggressive in removing them.

As for PC I don't see ANYTHING like I do on Xbox na, but I've also read that on PC they can put them underground?
      Edited by Lumenn on March 21, 2023 1:18PM
    • Veinblood1965
      Veinblood1965
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Banning implies they actually have ESO accounts. Since it is on PS4 (I play there NA and see them ALL the darn time) perhaps they are gaining access through the PS4 system somehow without an account. Otherwise I'm sure ZoS would be banning them as it's quite easy to locate them as they are more common than mud crabs. IMO it's not that ZoS does not care, it's because it would do not one lick of good as if they actually don't have a paying account then there's nothing to ban.

They most likely hack into PS4 somehow, then sell the mats for gold and then sell the gold for cash through various websites.
      Edited by Veinblood1965 on March 21, 2023 1:45PM
    • fizl101
      fizl101
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Banning implies they actually have ESO accounts. Since it is on PS4 (I play there NA and see them ALL the darn time) perhaps they are gaining access through the PS4 system somehow without an account. Otherwise I'm sure ZoS would be banning them as it's quite easy to locate them as they are more common than mud crabs. IMO it's not that ZoS does not care, it's because it would do not one lick of good as if they actually don't have a paying account then there's nothing to ban.

They most likely hack into PS4 somehow, then sell the mats for gold and then sell the gold for cash through various websites.

As long as the PS4 has one paying account, you can create other accounts and access the same paid game. They wont have access to things you buy in game, but do have access to the game so they can keep creating those alt accounts
      Soupy twist
    This discussion has been closed.