The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't teleport by clicking wayshrines on map anymore?

ElvenOverlord
ElvenOverlord
✭✭✭✭
Since the update when I pull up the map and try clicking on the wayshrine nothing happens. I'm still getting used to the new layout and everything. I miss the old layout where clicking one button gave me access to collections, skills, CP, guilds, group, etc. Anyway I've been trying to get used to the new layout but clicking on wayshrines on the map was a very easy way to teleport when I wasn't near a wayshrine, so can we not do that anymore?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 21, 2022 11:56PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem here, are you using any relevant addons?
    Options
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disable your add ons and relog then try again.
    Options
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    New layout? Did you agree to the accessibility mode pop up? If yes, you are using the Gamepad UI. You can switch back to the non-gamepad UI if you wish in the settings menu.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
    Options
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭
    New layout? Did you agree to the accessibility mode pop up? If yes, you are using the Gamepad UI. You can switch back to the non-gamepad UI if you wish in the settings menu.

Oh ok that explains it. Thanks, yeah I had accessibility mode on. I was wondering why it wasn't user friendly all of a sudden. Thanks.
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh ok that explains it. Thanks, yeah I had accessibility mode on. I was wondering why it wasn't user friendly all of a sudden. Thanks.
    LOL, I nearly spat my coffee on my keyboard reading that. Isn't accessibility mode supposed to make things more accessible? I'm not laughing at you, btw, just amused at the problems this new mode has been causing for many of us after the update.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

LOL, I nearly spat my coffee on my keyboard reading that. Isn't accessibility mode supposed to make things more accessible? I'm not laughing at you, btw, just amused at the problems this new mode has been causing for many of us after the update.

I think "accessible" is very much dependent on what you've gotten used to-- and, of course, whether or not your input devices actually match up with what the UI was programmed for.

But getting back to what you're used to, a new way of doing things or arranging things might end up being better and more efficient, but in the meantime the confusion and frustration of everything being different than what you're familiar with can make it seem worse and less efficient.

https://youtu.be/i0W852wflMA?t=103

Edit: Sorry, that was supposed to start at 1:43 but the time thingy in the link doesn't seem to be working. "And they probably redesigned the whole Sick Bay, too. I know engineers; they love to change things!"
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on June 9, 2022 10:28PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It IS very laughable that they (ZOS) chose to implement the Gamepad UI as the "Accessibility" mode.
    My girlfriend prefers to use a controller for PC gaming, but she has to disable the Gamepad UI in order to do several very basic things in this game.
    I don't know how she puts up with it; definitely more patient than I am.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

The term "accessibility" without context is vague to the point of being almost useless. What makes a game accessible for one person is irrelevant (or could even make it worse) for another.

In this case I think it's supposed to make it easier to use various non-standard inputs like the Xbox Adaptive Controller which could help people who can't use a keyboard and mouse or a standard controller, but I'm not sure how it's different to the existing gamepad UI.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
      Options
    • ZOS_Bill
      ZOS_Bill
      admin
      Thanks for the update that you can now click on wayshrines to travel. Since the issue is now resolved, we are going to close this discussion.
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
      Options
      Staff Post
    This discussion has been closed.