The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you want to choose the battleground gametype

• HonestLoverr
    HonestLoverr
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Xarc wrote: »
    it should exist 3 queues :
    - DM solo
    - DM group
    - other solo & group (like it was before)

The last option you mentioned would be great. it was like this before and queues were always fast that way.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Amottica wrote: »
    Seperate queues= longer waiting times.

I prefer objective modes myself, but would also play deathmatch, as long as I get fast into a match.

I agree and is seems clear ESO does not have the PvP interest to split the queues.

As for DM, it is a bonified BG and should be part of the random mix, but random and not what it used to be where the random choice merely fed the DM queue.

I disagree that it's not because of the interest, it's because of the lack of effort to do so. BG's can't grow because they refuse to give people options and that's clear as day. I think that should be obvious to ZOS based on the TDM-focused game test and objective-focused BGs. People aren't wanting to play or they're ruining games because they are forced to play what they don't enjoy.
    What good is a fast queue if you end up in a game you don't even have fun playing in and just end up leaving?
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Spurius_Lucilius
    Spurius_Lucilius
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Or remove Crazy King from the random list. Worst mode ever created.
    PC NA Casual/PVP
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats a battleground? :P
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Funny how here it shows 79% want to choose but pretty sure the "TEST" they did, they said EVERYONE wanted Deathmatch. I just remember during this test, I got 100% deathmatch and no other so seems like the results were skewed to say everyone liked deathmatch...

I prefer the choice to play the other games...
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes

I'd rather wait 20-30 mins for 100% chance at Deathmatch than 5-10 mins for a 20% chance at Deathmatch.
    PC NA
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    wait, they still have gametypes? i don't recall getting anything other than team capture the flag, recently
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Seeing as this thread is about Battlegrounds, we've gone ahead and moved it to the Battleground & Dueling section of the forums.

We appreciate your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

I prefer objective modes myself, but would also play deathmatch, as long as I get fast into a match.

I agree and is seems clear ESO does not have the PvP interest to split the queues.

As for DM, it is a bonified BG and should be part of the random mix, but random and not what it used to be where the random choice merely fed the DM queue.

I disagree that it's not because of the interest, it's because of the lack of effort to do so. BG's can't grow because they refuse to give people options and that's clear as day. I think that should be obvious to ZOS based on the TDM-focused game test and objective-focused BGs. People aren't wanting to play or they're ruining games because they are forced to play what they don't enjoy.
    What good is a fast queue if you end up in a game you don't even have fun playing in and just end up leaving?

BGs clearly did not grow when there were options which is why Zenimax has reduced said options. So adding them back is clearly not going to be the solution.

It also strongly suggests it was not the problem. You even hint at what the real problem is.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    @ZOS_Kevin please check this out
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ i think they have years of metrics already to checkout.
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Or remove Crazy King from the random list. Worst mode ever created.

NO! I actually like this one! Get rid of Capture the relic. It's a mode meant for 2 teams not 3. For real though, the objectives modes need some reworking.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on May 27, 2022 1:05PM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    We need checkbox selection.

I will repeat it until they finally implement it. We have that for PvE, when you select custom dungeon. The UI is already there.

Everyone who tells us about split queues - they are already split now. I can't select "I don't care if it's soloQ or groupQ, just bring me to the game faster". It was never single queue.

Checkboxes eliminate the question altogether. You want faster queue? All checkboxes. You hate some game mode? Uncheck, wait longer. You want specific game mode? Check just that, be prepared for a long wait.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

I will repeat it until they finally implement it. We have that for PvE, when you select custom dungeon. The UI is already there.

Everyone who tells us about split queues - they are already split now. I can't select "I don't care if it's soloQ or groupQ, just bring me to the game faster". It was never single queue.

Checkboxes eliminate the question altogether. You want faster queue? All checkboxes. You hate some game mode? Uncheck, wait longer. You want specific game mode? Check just that, be prepared for a long wait.

your repeating it wont fix the root problem. There is not enough players to support splitting queues, there is for dungeons.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    divnyi wrote: »

your repeating it wont fix the root problem. There is not enough players to support splitting queues, there is for dungeons.

We already have splitted queues.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

BGs clearly did not grow when there were options which is why Zenimax has reduced said options. So adding them back is clearly not going to be the solution.

It also strongly suggests it was not the problem. You even hint at what the real problem is.

The battlegrounds when options existed, was paywalled. When BG's had free options it was during when battlegrounds required morrowind to play them. Then immediately after it went Free2Play, zos removed grouping from BG's and made it so you can only solo queue.
    None of which allowed for BG's to grow. It's obvious the reason that BG's hasn't grown at all in it's lifetime is because zos keeps deciding to remove options from the gamemode rather than add them
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes but just DM and non-DM, otherwise the queues will be too long. I'd be happy to wait a little longer to not have DM. This would seem to keep the most commonly expressed preferences satisfied too.
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

How long have you played? You know BG queues were nice and short when it was Group Only Queue and you were able to choose between Deathmatch, Flag Games (Relic, Chaosball), and Land Grab (Domination, Crazy King)?

It wasn't until they implemented the Solo Only queues test on the live server for a duration of around 6 months that the population started to decline. Guilds dedicated to BGs getting smaller and some even dying due to not being able to hold competitive BG events.

It's ZOS who decided to split the queues in a really bad way. The solo only test should've at least been Solo/Duo. People that played together everyday were suddenly not able to. Dedicated healers rolling the dice on group composition and hoping you had at least one teammate worth pocket healing. It was just a terrible test that lasted for far too long.

The only reason people that prefer objective modes are ok with the current system it's because it's heavily stacked in their favor. They get to play modes where engaging in combat is usually a bad play for 80% of the matches that get spun up. The few Deathmatches they do get into, many of the most notorious troll tank objective players just leave, ruining the match for everyone else anyway because now there's a weak team in a 4v4v3 that will be targeted.

Just imagine what it's been like for people that prefer the one game mode that encourages to engage in combat because the combat itself is the objective. You used to be able to play it all day everyday with another 1-3 friends. Then you couldn't play it with your friends at all. Then you could only play it 20% of the time, sometimes even less according to match recording addons. This after knowing it was the most popular mode.

Then ZOS implements a bad DM only test during a time one of the most anticipated PvP MMOs launched and is surprised PvP activity in ESO dropped. The Creative Director says several things on his stream about how the queues work and that the Deathmatch queue is BEING USED MORE (note, not that more deathmatches are being spun up, ofc they were it was a terrible test, but that the queue itself was being used more by players. Something only he and his team could see), which is something that agrees with your "DM community", but then a week later the queues put it back to 20% chance for DM. It doesn't make sense.

The cop-out for such an illogical change was: "Well, the top queue is used by the majority of the players because it's human nature to just click Go", therefore DM queue is not actually more popular than the Random queue, it's just the one at the top. So let me end my rant here and put forth a proposal.

If that is true and the majority of people just click queue on the default option, and only a small minority would go to the dropdown and choose something other than the default even if it meant longer queue times because they'd prefer to play how they want, then there should be no problem with "splitting the queues". The majority would queue up Random because it's the default option, right? It would only have to fill specific queuers' games every now and then.

Sources:
    Majority of people are Queueing for Deathmatch
    Again, PLEASE NOTE: MAJORITY WERE QUEUEING DEATHMATCH. This has nothing to do with "Well, 1 DM person can pull 11 Random queuers into a DM BG so most BGs will be DM". It's a moot point because the MAJORITY were USING the specific Deathmatch queue when queueing for BGs. Lambert could see this data and shared as much with us.

Vast majority of games are DM because the majority of people are queueing up for DM
    AGAIN: I can't stress this enough because someone always comes and derails it with the moot point. It's about which queue was being used by the players, not which game mode was spun up by the system.

Randoms won't start up (but DM will) if queues are separated.

Here is where I think ZOS messed up, they agree that the majority used the DM only queue, but they don't know how to change it and copping-out that it was "only because it was the top option". Sorry I don't have a clip for the second part: Everybody else clicks DM only

The obvious way to change it imho, it to make it like this:
    Random Group
    Objective Group
    DM Group

Random Solo
    Objective Solo
    DM Solo

It's ok to put DM at the very bottom. I know whole guilds who won't mind scrolling all the way down. So if the cop-out for DM queue option popularity, even during New World launch hype, was that it was only because it was the top queue and it's only a very small minority that would choose DM only or Obj only, there is no logic in not being able to separate queues the way I proposed since the vast majority will just click "go" and queue random because it's human nature.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Magio_ wrote: »

How long have you played? You know BG queues were nice and short when it was Group Only Queue and you were able to choose between Deathmatch, Flag Games (Relic, Chaosball), and Land Grab (Domination, Crazy King)?

It wasn't until they implemented the Solo Only queues test on the live server for a duration of around 6 months that the population started to decline. Guilds dedicated to BGs getting smaller and some even dying due to not being able to hold competitive BG events.

It's ZOS who decided to split the queues in a really bad way. The solo only test should've at least been Solo/Duo. People that played together everyday were suddenly not able to. Dedicated healers rolling the dice on group composition and hoping you had at least one teammate worth pocket healing. It was just a terrible test that lasted for far too long.

The only reason people that prefer objective modes are ok with the current system it's because it's heavily stacked in their favor. They get to play modes where engaging in combat is usually a bad play for 80% of the matches that get spun up. The few Deathmatches they do get into, many of the most notorious troll tank objective players just leave, ruining the match for everyone else anyway because now there's a weak team in a 4v4v3 that will be targeted.

Just imagine what it's been like for people that prefer the one game mode that encourages to engage in combat because the combat itself is the objective. You used to be able to play it all day everyday with another 1-3 friends. Then you couldn't play it with your friends at all. Then you could only play it 20% of the time, sometimes even less according to match recording addons. This after knowing it was the most popular mode.

Then ZOS implements a bad DM only test during a time one of the most anticipated PvP MMOs launched and is surprised PvP activity in ESO dropped. The Creative Director says several things on his stream about how the queues work and that the Deathmatch queue is BEING USED MORE (note, not that more deathmatches are being spun up, ofc they were it was a terrible test, but that the queue itself was being used more by players. Something only he and his team could see), which is something that agrees with your "DM community", but then a week later the queues put it back to 20% chance for DM. It doesn't make sense.

The cop-out for such an illogical change was: "Well, the top queue is used by the majority of the players because it's human nature to just click Go", therefore DM queue is not actually more popular than the Random queue, it's just the one at the top. So let me end my rant here and put forth a proposal.

If that is true and the majority of people just click queue on the default option, and only a small minority would go to the dropdown and choose something other than the default even if it meant longer queue times because they'd prefer to play how they want, then there should be no problem with "splitting the queues". The majority would queue up Random because it's the default option, right? It would only have to fill specific queuers' games every now and then.

Sources:
    Majority of people are Queueing for Deathmatch
    Again, PLEASE NOTE: MAJORITY WERE QUEUEING DEATHMATCH. This has nothing to do with "Well, 1 DM person can pull 11 Random queuers into a DM BG so most BGs will be DM". It's a moot point because the MAJORITY were USING the specific Deathmatch queue when queueing for BGs. Lambert could see this data and shared as much with us.

Vast majority of games are DM because the majority of people are queueing up for DM
    AGAIN: I can't stress this enough because someone always comes and derails it with the moot point. It's about which queue was being used by the players, not which game mode was spun up by the system.

Randoms won't start up (but DM will) if queues are separated.

Here is where I think ZOS messed up, they agree that the majority used the DM only queue, but they don't know how to change it and copping-out that it was "only because it was the top option". Sorry I don't have a clip for the second part: Everybody else clicks DM only

The obvious way to change it imho, it to make it like this:
    Random Group
    Objective Group
    DM Group

Random Solo
    Objective Solo
    DM Solo

It's ok to put DM at the very bottom. I know whole guilds who won't mind scrolling all the way down. So if the cop-out for DM queue option popularity, even during New World launch hype, was that it was only because it was the top queue and it's only a very small minority that would choose DM only or Obj only, there is no logic in not being able to separate queues the way I proposed since the vast majority will just click "go" and queue random because it's human nature.

Very well thought out post.
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno please read this
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Idc about the exact type as long as it's not deathmatch.

Why'd you vote "No" then? If the suggested change went through you'd be able to pick all 4 other game modes and NEVER get a Deathmatch.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    People dont know why they vote no

-"do you want to choose?"
    -"no i want to choose."
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50