The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you want to choose the battleground gametype

Xarc
Xarc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Edited by Psiion on May 26, 2022 11:14PM
@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
"La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
- since april.2014

Do you want to choose the battleground gametype 123 votes

Yes
82%
sabresandiego_ESOadyreonb14_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESORedTalonDanikatCoatmagicstybbe17b16_ESORitualSmokeDecimusWolfpawcamelliaDeltiaSalamanNZredspecter23Enemy-of-Coldharbourgamma71Ragnarok0130theendoftheriverTBoisWitchyWarrior 101 votes
No
17%
CyberOnEsoVriendaYakidafiElsonsoAsysWolfchild07wolfie1.0.RatzkifalSylosiTornaadSeminolegirl1992Chaos2088RealLoveBVBjecks33propertyOfUndefinedtokeinskybluRoylundPeacefulAnarchyWarriorNinja9Amottica 22 votes
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Maybe not the exact type but a separate queue for deathmatch and non deathmatch seems like something they could do. I know it's been said by ZOS that the non DM would just never fill (hyperbole I'm guessing) but DM enjoyers would benefit as everyone in their match actually wants to be there and non DM enthusiasts may wait a while, but at least people in those groups will be playing the objectives.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I mean I like objective modes fine, but sometimes I just wanna do a Deathmatch.

Maybe have specific sets in DM vs Objective Queues so people can at least get some incentive to do both
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Capture the Relic, Crazy King and Domination are my favorites. I would never choose Chaosball or Team Deathmatch.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Why wouldn't you. Using the GTA Online analogy, you got to choose which PVP game you wanted, which focused players into the more popular ones.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I want to do more Battlegrounds but the preponderance of those who just want a death match, no matter what, puts me off.

I find death matches tedious & dull. Would this finally stop those players who sadly treat all matches as DMs? Bored of sad people boasting at how many kills they got when they didn’t actually play the Objectives, and so lost the game (as kills is the only thing that matters apparently 🙄 🥱)

I wish I could just play Objective ones. I’ve quite liked them, the rare times I get to play them.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Just curious why people vote no.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    - since april.2014
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Seperate queues= longer waiting times.

I prefer objective modes myself, but would also play deathmatch, as long as I get fast into a match.
    Edited by RealLoveBVB on May 25, 2022 4:05PM
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    That would be good, I would also like to be able to choose between Proc and No-Proc battlegrounds also!
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a totally redundant thread. The Answer is obviously that players should be able to choose what they want. The underlying issues have killed the BG population though so its not possible currently - endless threads and posts in the BG channel talk about the issues.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to try it or an iteration of something that does some of the same thing but, I'm not sure I'd want to stick with it.

I doubt the Battlegrounds in the NA has more than a few hundred people that play much beyond the daily and I wouldn't be surprised if the daily is pulling in just a few thousand.

The queue times would be worse unless the change drew in tons of people and the population that the modes draw under the changes might shift the experience.

For example, my favorite mode is Death Match but, I don't really love playing with the Cyrodiil players. If Death Match is pulling in more of them than the other modes my experience may become worse even though I get the mode type I enjoy and in fact I might queue for other modes just to get away from them.

• Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    this is a totally redundant thread. The Answer is obviously that players should be able to choose what they want. The underlying issues have killed the BG population though so its not possible currently - endless threads and posts in the BG channel talk about the issues.

Well it's either fix stability & Balance to bring in more players or Hide the diminishing pvp pop by removing playlists.

I think we know what direction Zos Went to
    Edited by Mr_Stach on May 25, 2022 4:37PM
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Either let us pick out own type or make custom lobbies.
    The premade and sweaty dm crowd want this desperately.
    Then we will be in our games doing our thing and not in games with people who don't like our playstyle.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes

I prefer objective modes myself, but would also play deathmatch, as long as I get fast into a match.

I would assume you could queue for a random, or pick the ones you want, like dungeon finder
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes and while they're at it, make the queu transparant and show how many players are queuing and for which matchtype, that way we can choose wether or not we want to wait in line for a matchtype we really want to play.

• Gorø
    Gorø
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes.
    Although it will make the BG queues a bit longer. People will be free to play what they want.

I just want to play Chaos Ball so I get my achievements and never go there ever again!
    I worship Mayonnaise and Crabs.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the one hand it would be nice.

On the other hand it might hinder trying to get achievements in certain gametypes if those gametypes aren't popular.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes and while they're at it, make the queu transparant and show how many players are queuing and for which matchtype, that way we can choose wether or not we want to wait in line for a matchtype we really want to play.

That’s only for good PvP games where it benefits the community to see those numbers.... aka stuff like the old CoD / old Halo games.

ZoS pushing their “20 million players” narrative won’t look so great when you only see 97 players active in BGs during prime time and 21 players at nights. Obv we don’t know the actual numbers lol but you get the idea
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

I agree and is seems clear ESO does not have the PvP interest to split the queues.

As for DM, it is a bonified BG and should be part of the random mix, but random and not what it used to be where the random choice merely fed the DM queue.
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    What Battleground do You bail on?
    -ChaosBall - %100

• Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I like all gametypes unless DM,
    and for me solo DM is the worst gametype ever (my opinion).

the reason why i do not play BG too much is because DM is more than 90% of what is happening.
    I would like to choose Flag capture, or ball game and never play DM, never.
    Edited by Xarc on May 25, 2022 6:29PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    - since april.2014
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies for not voting but I participated in three battlegrounds last night, one Death Match and two Crazy King. The Death Match timed out with each team having received fewer than half of the required points for winning. Crazy King was much more enjoyable.

I think if the upcoming combat adjustments fail to meet the needs of PVP, then perhaps a ()Deathmatch and ()Not Deathmatch would be okay. I would prefer to rarely get Deathmatch if the adjustments prove to be inadequate.

Edited by Dojohoda on May 25, 2022 6:31PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Not until I can play vs bots.
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    No preference.

I like most modes well enough. I could do without some of them or feel like domination or crazy king could go or be married in some way.

Otherwise, I'd prefer the lower wait times and the variety of matches. Same mode over and over gets old.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I would definitely like the option to choose, as I prefer objective based game modes over Deathmatch. I would take it a step further and make kills/assist worth the absolute minimum amount of points to discourage people from playing objective based game modes for the sole purpose of farming kills. Play the objective or GTFO.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Idc about the exact type as long as it's not deathmatch.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    it should exist 3 queues :
    - DM solo
    - DM group
    - other solo & group (like it was before)
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    - since april.2014
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Vaoh wrote: »

That’s only for good PvP games where it benefits the community to see those numbers.... aka stuff like the old CoD / old Halo games.

ZoS pushing their “20 million players” narrative won’t look so great when you only see 97 players active in BGs during prime time and 21 players at nights. Obv we don’t know the actual numbers lol but you get the idea

Do we really have to be bothered with how this looks for the game or for ZOS? The thing is people want to play what they want but they also want short queue times, making it transparant fixes both as you can decide for yourself and decide wether or not you want to commit to a longer queue time. That's a benefit for the community.

I honestly don't care if the same 20 people play PVP over and over again, different options have been explored and it comes down to personal choice, which isn't available at the moment.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Would be nice and all but it would just lead to more horrific queue times if they end up being separated and ESO matchmaking /group finding system is reputable for being one of the worst out there. In some cases I already end up waiting 20+ minutes for BGs when I play with my friends which is simply put a woeful experience.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No because when they did that experiment all I'd ever get was Deathmatch which is the one BG game mode I -don't- find fun.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • HonestLoverr
    HonestLoverr
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Since I always play with my wife, we queue as a duo and thus get put in the premade group queues. The wait time there rarle pops fast, and can be frustratingly long from time to time. Would rather have the choice to pick which kind of BG we queue for, if we go through the hassle of waiting for a match to open. Enjoying deathmatch the most but sometimes we wait so long just to get put into modes like chaosball where we straight lose if we get matched with 2 nb's in our team and we don't switch our gear/skills accordingly before the game starts which is just annoying (if 2 more people even get on our team that is. Sometimes teams don't even fill up to 4 players at all). At least in deathmatch, depending on the enemies we face we can rock the show even as a duo with a little bit of coordination.