The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What would be your Ideal Furnishings Items Limit for Housing?

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 16, 2022 3:07PM
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons

What would be your Ideal Furnishings Items Limit for Housing? 140 votes

350 or less
0%
Kadzra 1 vote
700 Its fine where it is
4%
SilverBrideTandorRaddlemanNumber7Ingenonghastleygusthermopyle 6 votes
2%
Demalb16_ESOWildRaptorXUnknown_Redemption 3 votes
30%
loaganb16_ESODracanefreespiritMisscapefoxguulphaneub17_ESOTX12001rwb17_ESOAunteeimokie2609hondelinkElvenheartdeleted221205-002626Asdarajad11mumblerfakingfocusedTommy_The_GunIrfindSilverIce58Fea675Ashyachu 42 votes
7%
Cireouswenchmore420b14_ESOAliasRedw002expcolossalvoidsspartaxoxoLoneStar2911RevJJbridgetroseIncultaWolf 10 votes
14%
GedericVehlirAelorinthejadefalconLauranaekojouHamfastOrionzaLiedekehiydeZenzukiagelonestarjoergingerRishikesa108SmokyErebearlizardmanWraithCaller88NorthwoldRagnarSw 20 votes
7%
SantieClawsGorakLadyNalcaryaMupoFeendishArchwynnLugalduSkaraMinocdogmycatsHerrKeinTipp_MrNoTipNeuroticPixels 11 votes
2%
FluffWitiamthecribblesFelisCatus 3 votes
0%
5000 +
31%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOtspecherb14_ESOSoldier224ApoAlaiaOnnuKLivvyHortator Indoril NerevarLonestryderkamimarkswankeryredspecter23merpinsTiberXLeogonfred4TheImperfectAztriasErmiqWoodenHeartHertoginJanneke 44 votes
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 +
    Ideally it would be unlimited obviously, but there are technical limitations that dictate the limit. The limit is not dictated by our desires.

With a limit over 5000 some of the larger houses could be fully furnished and absolutely amazing. We could even see houses 10 times the size of the largest houses now. At least we can dream.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only put this number because it seems the more feasible in a few years when supply chain issues have hopefully died down.

But, in my wildest dream it would be unlimited.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on May 16, 2022 6:19AM
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 +
    The question has only one obvious answer, because what else would be ideal?
    Realistically though, I'd say 1400-1500, twice the current limit, would be okay.
    Edited by Ermiq on May 16, 2022 9:23AM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5000 +
    Maybe they'll accidentally stumble into a housing fix like how they accidentally stumbled into the PVP fix. They said PVP was ABSOLUTELY not a server issue for 7 years, and here we are with it fixed after they got new servers. Maybe the same thing'll happen for housing huh?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    700 Its fine where it is
    The present level is OK for me. None of my homes are at the limit, and they have the right amount of clutter to feel very lived in. I'm not a minimalist.

PC EU
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 +
    Need room for more knick-knacks:P
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5000 +
    I've voted this amount because it would allow for some truly bonkers decorating and because my gran, who was among other things a very wise woman, told me to always ask for at least double of what I needed in order to leave room for negotiation without always being cut short.

Either way I have no idea what the technical limitations of the engine are and as someone said (not my gran this time) ignorance is bold.

I get that tight constraints can promote creativity too, but at the moment if feels a tad too tight.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Just one more...."
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No limit! (This should eventually be possible!)

The game keeps getting more new furniture rewards/items. Having any limit devalues doing events, or any content which gives furnishings. Not to mention, a limit lowers the sales of any crown store furnishings, like houseguests or furnishing packs.

Anything below 'no limit' will only hurt ZOS's income, both directly and indirectly.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I put 1000 as a shorter term possibility!

I would obviously love more however thinking of the current homes I have that are finished but NOT "finished" I think I could achieve a much better result with even just 300 more spaces. 🏗🏘
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlimited would be ideal but old code and database limitations do unfortunately exist.

I would like to quote an Auld Scottish proverb:
    If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride.
    If turnips were swords, I'd have one at my side.
    If "ifs" and "ands" were pots and pans,
    There'd be no work for tinkers' hands.
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a tough one. I would go with the higher number but my issue isn't the amount it's the type that is restricted.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 +
    A huge wall takes the same space as a fork / knife? Yeah, does make sense...

Yes, there are some server limitations, but guess what - one's houde will never become like Cyrodiil.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on the size of the house. For a mansion 2000 would be good, but most of the time I can't keep up with 700 slots to collect enough resources (I'm just saying heartwood and mundane runes...), craft or buy furniture to reach the limit. Especially when I want to build and furnish a new property from time to time. With 5000 slots I could spend the rest of my life working on just one house.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When even 700 appears risky to ZoS, much upward of 1000 will never happen.
    I could do a lot with 1000 slots seeing as I already create fabulous things with mere 700.

Why don't they make a quick coin by just selling us such upgrades. Many would buy them.
    For all that is precious, please at least increase the pet/mount/guest limit from 10 or stop selling so many house guests nobody can fit. :D
    Edited by Dracane on May 16, 2022 1:23PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    5000 +
    Unlimited of course, but I know it is impossible, even the server and game engine can handle, your computer might not.

I have only one notable house which is Lunar Champion and according my experience, maybe 1000 is ok? Of course more is better.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    700 Its fine where it is
    I don’t have an issue with the number, but the size of the houses to which it applies. I would prefer houses for which 700 is plenty. I.e the ones that get 600 now.

Large buildings as guildhalls, with space for crafting tables, is another matter. I would like a distinction made between homes and group spaces.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want enough spaces to put all my undaunted busts and trophies, but I think this many would allow me to make my houses feel full and vibrant.
    Playing since beta...
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 1000-1200 would be good for most of the bigger houses. I'd really only need like 250-300 more slots to finish Lakemire Xanmeer. The other side with the waterfalls is just so empty sadly.

I'd actually like more collectable furnishings before regular.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted for 1500 but for me the main issue is the limitation per category

We have so much mounts that we could do a ranch

We have so much pets that we could do a zoo

As for the companions, assistants, and guests, i stopped to buy them because you can not put as much as those as you want

The limit 700 should let us free to use whatever we want

My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    Anything over 1000 isn't furnishing, its hoarding.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    austin.jpg
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    800 is good
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...For a medium size house.
    2000 for a Manor and 4000 for Manor with ESO+.

Further more, I would like to have a permanent "ESO+" furniture limit for a house bought for crowns. I mean it is kinda ridiculous that you buy a in-game house for 14K crowns (definitely not cheap & kinda overpriced lol)... and on top of that you still need to pay more in order to decorate the house properly and make it somewhat useful & functional lol :lol::joy:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 17, 2022 9:01AM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit thinks that, instead of a housing limit increase, the option was provided to "Bake" furnishings into house. This would, in effect, make the furnishing a permanent, static member of the house mesh (unable to be moved or removed). There could be an "unbake" option as well, but this would destroy said furnishing.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    500/1000 is the realistic number that they would ever increase it to as they had it set to this number during a previous PTS build, one can only hope they get around to increasing it to this number.
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    Unpopular opinion maybe but I would like inn room item limit to be increased...
    Hall of Colossus - Alinor in Elsweyr | Alinor Crest Townhouse - Alinor Noble Estate | Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - Alinor Scenic Estate | Sleek Creek House - Khajiiti Paradise | Bouldertree Refuge - Flora Estate | Autumn's Gate - Sweet Autumn Lodge | Domus Phrasticus - Breton Country House | Exorcised Coven Cottage - Forest Cottage | Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - The Starry Sky Inn | Mathiisen Manor - Mathiisen Wedding Hall | Humblemud - Torchic Barn Party House | Other inn rooms / apartments / homes
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    5000 +
    There should be no limit. Actually there will always be natural limit when you design and also housing invisible walls will stop you. But you want 100 beds on top each other do it, if it gives joy to you ;-D
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • KronikFlatulenz
    KronikFlatulenz
    ✭✭✭
    1500. But even 300 on notables would make me happy right now