Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove 3'rd faction from Cyrodiil and crowd control

pleximus
pleximus
✭✭✭✭✭
Playing on Gray Host NA-server and it's been EP & AD ganging up on DC for several hours now. We've been gated for that long too. There's absolutely nothing fun or enjoyable about what is happening and I'm speaking in general. This kind of thing happens to the other alliances too. Splitting the population into 3 factions results in this unbalance while 2 factions would even the numbers out. I don't understand how anyone in their right mind can fin that gating someone for hours is enjoyable or even fair gameplay.

Solution: remove a third alliance and make the map smaller to create more dynamic fights.

And for the love of God, cut down on or outright remove all cc in PvP! Having an entire area being spam hit by cc creates nothing but problems AND lag. You either have to keep breaking free because roll-dodging doesn't get you out of the area before you're cc'd all over again. OR you keep having to break free several times in a row at the same spot when cc immunity doesn't work. And this goes on over and over again, ESPECIALLY when you have ball groups dropping everything on top of you, or being jumped by 5-10 people whose first action is to cc you and overwhelm you in a second. There is no fair fighting going on with crowd control and it also breaks the natural flow of fights.

Oh, and Dragonknights being able to use Fossilize right after Burning Talons is ZOS giving DK's a cheating mechanism. You barely break free from the first without getting any cc immunity and instantly get pinned again. What the hell is that?!?

PS: Anyone who can tell me how the hell someone can survive having ZERO HP and run around for 15 seconds and not dying? No death, health went back up again. Happened several times and I wasn't the only one noticing this in zone chat.

Rant over!
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 2, 2022 8:39PM
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think many people will agree with the suggestion to only have two factions, and I'm pretty sure it's an impossibility at this point.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would just then be stacking 1 faction for those that want the easy cruise.

As far as CC; it's needed to kill good players but IMO AOE CC should be limited to 5-7m from player activating.
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would just then be stacking 1 faction for those that want the easy cruise.

As far as CC; it's needed to kill good players but IMO AOE CC should be limited to 5-7m from player activating.

You need a zerg to kill a good player no matter if you have cc. The game is too unbalanced.
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think many people will agree with the suggestion to only have two factions, and I'm pretty sure it's an impossibility at this point.

Why is it an impossibility? It's about damn time that ZOS changed up pvp. There are so many changes that could be done to improve the quality of life in the game but also make it more fun and dynamic.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pleximus wrote: »

Why is it an impossibility?
    giphy.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why? There's already no PVP to be had. Just laggy faction stacked PvDoor.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing on Gray Host NA-server and it's been EP & AD ganging up on DC for several hours now. We've been gated for that long too. There's absolutely nothing fun or enjoyable about what is happening and I'm speaking in general.

Over on Xbox NA it's the DC and AD that constantly gang up on EP. I've spent several years in Cyro now and most of that time has been spent defending and retaking the same three keeps cause that's where the blues and yellows always have us pushed back to.

Every sever has it's unofficial 2v1. Mark that as nothing more than player scheming if you want but that says a lot more about the failing of a competitive multiplayer with more than two sides.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes Zos, please, destroy the entire Elder Scrolls lore because some pvper is asking for
    PC-EU
  • Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    star-wars-luke-skywalker.gif

Seriously though, removing a faction just isn't going to happen. They'll add underwater combat before this is implemented lol.

And removing even more CCs from the game??? CCs are about the only thing that keep PvP fights from being completely identical to parsing on a dummy. I really don't get the incessant complaining about this aspect of PvP. Get decent stam sustain, react quickly, time your own CCs properly and you won't have a problem. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 6, 2022 1:28PM
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AHhhh.....please no....having played two faction large scale PVP....even when this happens; it is vastly superior to two factions. Yes, this happens, and it changes from time to time...on which factions are doing the ganging up.....it is cyclical and part of the fun. Much much better than have two groups only..........then its all about seducing characters to your "side" and leads to a lot of FOTM. This week.....destro is getting their butt kicked so ima play order......you never really get a true one side vs the other side experience. Three factions help to balance that out some.

You end up with your diehards on each side who only play that side, a few folks who love a challenge and an underdog who sign in for the faction getting creamed....and a whole buncha people that just flip back and forth to join the winning side.

It was rarely ever balanced.

btw Destro 4 life.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree. It would not make any sense to prevent 1/3 of the players from being able to participate in that campaign just as it would not make sense to rework the map for one campaign.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much much better than have two groups only...........

You do realize when two groups "work together", two becomes one, which makes the three become two either way.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Alliance War & Imperial City section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing on Gray Host NA-server and it's been EP & AD ganging up on DC for several hours now. We've been gated for that long too. There's absolutely nothing fun or enjoyable about what is happening and I'm speaking in general. This kind of thing happens to the other alliances too. Splitting the population into 3 factions results in this unbalance while 2 factions would even the numbers out. I don't understand how anyone in their right mind can fin that gating someone for hours is enjoyable or even fair gameplay.

Solution: remove a third alliance and make the map smaller to create more dynamic fights.

And for the love of God, cut down on or outright remove all cc in PvP! Having an entire area being spam hit by cc creates nothing but problems AND lag. You either have to keep breaking free because roll-dodging doesn't get you out of the area before you're cc'd all over again. OR you keep having to break free several times in a row at the same spot when cc immunity doesn't work. And this goes on over and over again, ESPECIALLY when you have ball groups dropping everything on top of you, or being jumped by 5-10 people whose first action is to cc you and overwhelm you in a second. There is no fair fighting going on with crowd control and it also breaks the natural flow of fights.

Oh, and Dragonknights being able to use Fossilize right after Burning Talons is ZOS giving DK's a cheating mechanism. You barely break free from the first without getting any cc immunity and instantly get pinned again. What the hell is that?!?

PS: Anyone who can tell me how the hell someone can survive having ZERO HP and run around for 15 seconds and not dying? No death, health went back up again. Happened several times and I wasn't the only one noticing this in zone chat.

Rant over!

Are you talking about PlayStation here because if so, we might be seeing two different things. I play on AD and it's always a constant DC & EP vs AD. DC was getting focused hard yesterday by us but that's because you had our scroll, lol. What doesn't make sense to me is when DC is in second place, EP in first and AD in third and yet EP still tries to gate AD, lol.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is it an impossibility? It's about damn time that ZOS changed up pvp. There are so many changes that could be done to improve the quality of life in the game but also make it more fun and dynamic.

The game was designed to have three factions. What happens to the members of the faction you want removed from the game?

Every faction gets tagged teamed at one time or another. In the long run having 3 factions makes WAY more sense than only having 2 in terms of balancing Cyrodiil. If anything they should add more factions, not fewer. Fewer factions would make cyrodiil LESS dynamic, not more.
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »

Rant over!

Are you talking about PlayStation here because if so, we might be seeing two different things. I play on AD and it's always a constant DC & EP vs AD. DC was getting focused hard yesterday by us but that's because you had our scroll, lol. What doesn't make sense to me is when DC is in second place, EP in first and AD in third and yet EP still tries to gate AD, lol.

You seem to bring this up a lot, but I've seen ad zc calling to push on sej/brk while you've lost brindle/roe... HOMEKEEPS... to dc.
    No scrolls to get back or dethrone, just an alliance full of people who.. play very emotionally.
    Then dc goes and pvdoors their way through your keeps because it's free score/ap. Zero opposition.
    Eventually ad has to fall back off their server zerg when they start losing scrolls, ep pushes back and voila, gated yellows.
    It's the same EVERY TIME but no one ever learns.

Let's be honest, you're just offended that dc ever hits your home keeps instead of joining in on gating ep.
    Edited by Indigogo on May 2, 2022 11:17PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The other two factions gang up on the one who is in first place. It is the way it is unless you are a member of the AD and hit DC keeps while you don't have Castle Alessia.

On topic though, three factions are okay unless the population is so low that the 5 EP who are online have to ride across the entire map for some action at Nickel where DC and AD are fighting on the big level plot of land. You will find the 5 EP on the south side behind the tree or on the rocks and most of them are Dragonknights, so beware. You've been warned. ;)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭

Rant over!

This is on PC.
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    The other two factions gang up on the one who is in first place. It is the way it is unless you are a member of the AD and hit DC keeps while you don't have Castle Alessia.

DC's in 2nd, so that's not the case here. And that's exactly what is happening, moreso this camp than prior ones. Imho one of the biggest reasons was that a bunch of ep (25ish in total) including a certain zerg leader, swapped to ad. And if they plan on swapping back they don't particularly want to fight their initial faction for obvious reasons.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »

Rant over!

You seem to bring this up a lot, but I've seen ad zc calling to push on sej/brk while you've lost brindle/roe... HOMEKEEPS... to dc.
    No scrolls to get back or dethrone, just an alliance full of people who.. play very emotionally.
    Then dc goes and pvdoors their way through your keeps because it's free score/ap. Zero opposition.
    Eventually ad has to fall back off their server zerg when they start losing scrolls, ep pushes back and voila, gated yellows.
    It's the same EVERY TIME but no one ever learns.

Let's be honest, you're just offended that dc ever hits your home keeps instead of joining in on gating ep.

I bring it up a lot because it happens a lot. I've seen countless times DC and EP both target us to gate us, grab our scrolls without so much as flagging one another's keep or resource, it's cool though, it's nothing new to us, we deal with it and play on. Not sure what server zerg you're talking about here, we don't even have enough AD to run a night crew let alone server zerg an entire map, lmao
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kordai wrote: »
    Dojohoda wrote: »

DC's in 2nd, so that's not the case here. And that's exactly what is happening, moreso this camp than prior ones. Imho one of the biggest reasons was that a bunch of ep (25ish in total) including a certain zerg leader, swapped to ad. And if they plan on swapping back they don't particularly want to fight their initial faction for obvious reasons.
    Oh darn, that must've have changed since I was on a couple evenings (or last night) ago during which DC was in first with EP very close behind.

Edited by Dojohoda on May 3, 2022 12:32AM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rant over!

seeing a solid showing by AD on both grey host playstation servers this campaign...i play DC so, it's good to let up on hating on EP for a while...had a chance to spend some quality time inside black boot today on the NA server...

it's funny before faction lock when i used to cross-faction play a bunch on the same map, i rarely if ever hung out in enemy home keeps, now, no mercy...if i can get inside your home keep, i'll do everything i can to make it difficult for you to take it back...

come to think of it, the most recent faction lock change may be one of the few positive game changes to come along on the main map for a while...

i've been on the main map since early 2016, honestly, from what i can recall - over time the dominion has normally had the consistently lowest population numbers...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 3, 2022 3:42AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • DaggersKid
    DaggersKid
    ✭✭✭

Rant over!

talons is not a hard cc. you need to remove it with race against time, shuffle, forward momentum, purge ability… you can also dodge roll it, but then the dk just fossilizes you mid dodge roll, which for me is the offender here. they can and will force you to waste massive ressources every 4-8 seconds, especially because fossilize also roots you after cc break, so you have to use a root remover skill again or dodgeroll again. if you are tanky enough or have enough self heals, you can also just stay inside the roots ofc (not an option as vampire stamblade for me, tho i often cloak in fossilize root instead of dodgeroll).
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people don't seem to understand just how broken cc is during higher populations. Having to break free several times, wasting stamina and still be cc'd is sheer insanity! ZOS needs to cut down on the amount that can occur in pvp which would help immensely during prime time.

Regarding removing a 3'rd campaign, there will be no difference to what it is right now. DC (PC NA-server) had to fend off team orange for most of the day yesterday. That's just NOT how pvp is supposed to be! It's disgusting gameplay and needs fixing.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rant over!

Not sure how long you've been in Cyro, but what you observed is a cycle. Currently, it's DC and EP joining to fight AD. It really depends on which guilds are online. If my faction is gated or few keeps available, I just log off for a few hours and wait for the guilds to show up and form and take some territory. An extreme fix to a short-term event isn't the best way and I recommend just logging off and waiting for your faction's guilds to arrive so you can ride with them.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean you might not want to hear it from me as you have regularly wished death on me my group members and my family several times much to my amusement, but maybe this just isn't your thing? Try something that doesn't frustrate you so much? Take more frequent breaks? The game isn't gonna change to fit your whims, you know this.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    I mean you might not want to hear it from me as you have regularly wished death on me my group members and my family several times much to my amusement, but maybe this just isn't your thing? Try something that doesn't frustrate you so much? Take more frequent breaks? The game isn't gonna change to fit your whims, you know this.

Agreed. Myself and several other guildmates have only logged in for rewards, crafting writs, etc...and then we logout to go play something else. Lately it's been Apex, Battlefield 1 or DayZ. I love ESO but when it gets too frustrating like it is currently, I can't be bothered to play it. It's good to take breaks every once & a while, come back refreshed
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 faction systems usually never work just look at wow everyone stacked horde to the point they had to introduce cross faction raiding recently because the other faction had no playerbase

People will just end up stacking whatever side is winning having the 3rd faction to team up against the big guy in these scenarios is what keeps things from ending up like that as much as people like to think we have team purple or green its pretty much just coincidence more than planned team ups
    Edited by J18696 on May 5, 2022 5:35PM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people don't seem to understand just how broken cc is during higher populations. Having to break free several times, wasting stamina and still be cc'd is sheer insanity! ZOS needs to cut down on the amount that can occur in pvp which would help immensely during prime time.

Regarding removing a 3'rd campaign, there will be no difference to what it is right now. DC (PC NA-server) had to fend off team orange for most of the day yesterday. That's just NOT how pvp is supposed to be! It's disgusting gameplay and needs fixing.

I think it really comes down to time of day, I know in Japan prime time it tends to lean pretty significantly ad and ep vs dc. Like for example right now ep is hitting warden, and ales. Ad focusing ash and rayles with both making attempts at glade. But it is mostly at this time when ad tends to follow the ep faction stacker that changed to ad for whatever reason. The ep ball group on at the same time religiously only attacks dc, for whatever reason.

We have more people that will bodily throw themselves at ray/ash over and over again than will even cross alessia bridge. I love bridge fights and I'm not quite sure what happened but now they're basically non-existent. I used to spend a solid hour bouncing back and forth between alessia and sej. The bridge used to be littered with siege in both towers shooting below/at each other, trebs on the sides shooting at the middle, oils, meatbags, fire ballistas in the narrow spaces directly underneath the towers, but now that never happens. Compared to a few months ago it's pretty jarring.
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    Double teaming is part of the game, but unfortunately it can get extreme at times especially when 2 factions actually coordinate through discord which have long been rumored but probably not proven. And it can be really frustrating for all factions even the ones coordinating because it really makes for bad PVP. I don't know how you address the problem without a major overhaul to the scoring and how AP is awarded. There have been multiple threads on this topic, but I have not seen anything from ZOS that indicates they think this is a problem.

For example, currently on GH, 2 factions have not actually attacked each other during prime for days when I've been on even when it made no sense since the faction being attacked was nearly gated with no scrolls. But then again, there a lot of ball groups that don't actually play the map, so i don't know what can be done about that.

No one is breaking any rules and Cyro seems to be crowded, but it seems Cyro PVP is basically ball groups, tower trolls, a lot of PVDoor and the occasional good fight. In my opinion, its an improvement to where it was a few months ago, but I'd personally like to see some more changes to improve the actual game play.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly being double teamed is the bare minimum level of actual action in Cyrodiil these days. Being gated is the only time you can actually defend multiple keeps and have non stop fights with no downtime whatsoever. Best AP too.

Sadly after lag fix nobody attempts to push on DC anymore and we just log out of sheer boredom after 1 hr of nothingness or riding all the way to Drakelowe to join the ADvEP fight now and then.

Game was much more fun and active during the high dmg metas (no proc tests / blackwood crit dmg). Maybe ZOS should bring back faster time to kill.