The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Ascending Tide and Update 33 Now Live On PC/MAC/Stadia"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
r7vlevyy61xg.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article, "Ascending Tide and Update 33 Now Live On PC/MAC/Stadia"

Your Legacy of the Bretons year-long adventure sets sail with the Ascending Tide dungeon DLC pack and Update 33 base-game patch.
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to play the new dungeons, I would love to be excited for the new shiny things, but Account Wide Achievements have broken some very important things this update. Here's my feedback:

1. Decouple NPC reactions and dialogue from achievements! I don't want to listen to immersion breaking NPC conversations or have broken dialogue trees on my alts because you fail to make a simple change that will keep the game world narratively coherent for alts.

2. Give Achievement only quests a spot in the hidden quest database per character so alts can complete those quests! I want to talk to Count Ravenwatch in the quest Taking Up The Mantle on more than one character! I want all of those quests available to all of my alts!

Do this and I might sub and play again. You already forced me to lose my individual character data and tracking which I wanted to keep in addition to also having Account Wide Achievements, but I will not stand for an incoherent game world on my alt characters! While these issues remain, I will not sub or play your game. The Elder Scrolls series of games have always been story rich and rich in world building, and before this update ESO followed that tradition. Today the game breaks the 4th wall because the game world reacts to all your characters as if they are the same person, a.k.a The Player. No, my level 3 character did not do anything and NPCs should not react to her like she is the hero of so and so or did such and such because she is SUPPOSED to be a unique person in Tamriel, not an avatar of me. My level 3 alt should be able to talk to Count Ravenwatch at the end of Markarth regardless if I already have the achievement or not. My level 3 alt should be able to do all the quests in the future and not have any locked out because I did them on another character already. This holds true for all my alts who didn't get to those quests yet! Right now the game world is broken, and an Elder Scrolls title should not receive this type of treatment. I'm done until you fix these things!

edited to bold the point
    Edited by Kesstryl on March 15, 2022 12:16AM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My experience so far

Took me about 4 hours of restarting computer, repairing and restarting the game/launcher to get in at all.

Group finder broken.
    BG finder broken.
    Loading screens of 14+ min (when you get on at all)
    Loading screens when changing zones, entering delves or hopping to another player have long lag (sometimes 10+ min)
    Often while in a loading screen getting dumped with the error claiming I've been bumped for inactivity

How am I experiencing the new dungeons? I'm not. They aren't working
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • LunaticOne_
    LunaticOne_
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to the changes to piercing Javelin from the PTS? Are they live despite not being mentioned in the notes? Console player here
  • Neugeniko
    Neugeniko
    ✭✭✭
    I logged off. The queue's have been broken for half a day now.
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to mention the main feature of update 33 in the article:

The end of ESO being an RPG by Destruction of all Character History !

nuff said
    Edited by Oliviander on March 15, 2022 9:17PM
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    I would love to play the new dungeons, I would love to be excited for the new shiny things, but Account Wide Achievements have broken some very important things this update. Here's my feedback:

1. Decouple NPC reactions and dialogue from achievements! I don't want to listen to immersion breaking NPC conversations or have broken dialogue trees on my alts because you fail to make a simple change that will keep the game world narratively coherent for alts.

2. Give Achievement only quests a spot in the hidden quest database per character so alts can complete those quests! I want to talk to Count Ravenwatch in the quest Taking Up The Mantle on more than one character! I want all of those quests available to all of my alts!

Do this and I might sub and play again. You already forced me to lose my individual character data and tracking which I wanted to keep in addition to also having Account Wide Achievements, but I will not stand for an incoherent game world on my alt characters! While these issues remain, I will not sub or play your game. The Elder Scrolls series of games have always been story rich and rich in world building, and before this update ESO followed that tradition. Today the game breaks the 4th wall because the game world reacts to all your characters as if they are the same person, a.k.a The Player. No, my level 3 character did not do anything and NPCs should not react to her like she is the hero of so and so or did such and such because she is SUPPOSED to be a unique person in Tamriel, not an avatar of me. My level 3 alt should be able to talk to Count Ravenwatch at the end of Markarth regardless if I already have the achievement or not. My level 3 alt should be able to do all the quests in the future and not have any locked out because I did them on another character already. This holds true for all my alts who didn't get to those quests yet! Right now the game world is broken, and an Elder Scrolls title should not receive this type of treatment. I'm done until you fix these things!

edited to bold the point

Agreed. The npc talk needs to be separate

Random NPC lady " You saved the Queen! Stars keep you safe, traveler."
    Level 4 "sea elf" RP alt toon " I didn't save your imposter queen!"
    Edited by S0Z0H on March 15, 2022 9:32PM
  • Vonkarolinas
    Vonkarolinas
    ✭✭✭
    You’ll be able to purchase items and Antiquity Leads that require Achievement completion

What? Purchase Antiquity Leads? Where? From who? It seems some LOT of info was left out there.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    You’ll be able to purchase items and Antiquity Leads that require Achievement completion

What? Purchase Antiquity Leads? Where? From who? It seems some LOT of info was left out there.
    You can purchase leads for Zone specific maps furnishings from merchants in that zone provided you have the achievement required
  • Vonkarolinas
    Vonkarolinas
    ✭✭✭

You can purchase leads for Zone specific maps furnishings from merchants in that zone provided you have the achievement required

Oh, those. It sounded like they meant different leads beyond just the maps.
  • Lopti
    Lopti
    ✭✭
    Just fix dungeon finder already... that is all I ask. At the very least put out a statement stating you know it is broken and that you are working on it...
  • duagloth
    duagloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lopti wrote: »
    Just fix dungeon finder already... that is all I ask. At the very least put out a statement stating you know it is broken and that you are working on it...

havent they been saying that about the whole game though?
  • Neugeniko
    Neugeniko
    ✭✭✭
    I tried playing again today. Took several hours to get things done that normally take less than a hour. ESO - Premium Prices, Subpar resource allocation.