The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Massive lag spikes with todays console patch

FluffWit
FluffWit
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Was sure the game was frozen- nothing moving for close to a minute. Game sprang back to life for 5 seconds then booted me back to log in without an error message. Had guildies complain about something similar but they got the "you were kicked for spamming messages" error message that pops sometimes after lag spikes.

I was in a small Cyrodiil fight at the time. Guildies were in pve doing very little. So it seems to be random.

The worst part? I now have a 20 minute queue to get back into Cyrodiil despite immediately relogging.

Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 9, 2022 12:18AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Was sure the game was frozen- nothing moving for close to a minute. Game sprang back to life for 5 seconds then booted me back to log in without an error message. Had guildies complain about something similar but they got the "you were kicked for spamming messages" error message that pops sometimes after lag spikes.

I was in a small Cyrodiil fight at the time. Guildies were in pve doing very little. So it seems to be random.

The worst part? I now have a 20 minute queue to get back into Cyrodiil despite immediately relogging.

I have actually been having this problem for months, not new for me. Most times the game comes back after the freeze.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its been increased since the last update for me and my friends. I hardly ever freeze or lag and yesterday doing dungeons directly after the update when the servers was up. There was multiple freezes and then everything caught up with itself

In raid later that evening 5 people crashed and many complained of lag and freezes way more than usual
    Edited by Anne13 on February 3, 2022 7:34AM
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today ESO is HORRIBLE on Xbox!! It keeps failing to load, freezes during load, freezes while I'm just standing around in a wilderness area... What is going on???

I even did a hard reset, cleared cache, deleted local saved games, etc. I haven't been able to log in for even 10 minutes.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FluffWit

Were these lag spikes only during the patch or have they continued since then to now?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @FluffWit

Were these lag spikes only during the patch or have they continued since then to now?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/597923/what-is-going-on-with-game-performance-lately-desyncs-lag-loading-screens-booted#latest

Something in the last few weeks has really done a number on performance, PS5 NA.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The troubleshooting below may help the desyncs and lag issues that players are experiencing.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post