The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Weird lag/screen freeze the last few days PS4

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been getting weird lag this last week on PS4 N/A. It's not exactly lag i don't think. My screen freezes, everything just is frozen, players, npcs, spell animations. It stays that way for 10 seconds or so and about half the time i get kicked from game and the msg about me exceeding the msg limit. Sonetimes it unfreezes. Other times i can still move but i move super fast! Then when that stops im reset to the spot i was when it started. It's occuring in pvp and pve. Pvp sucks as i get reset to the home keep and lost a fire lancer that way.

I've never ever had any noticeable lag in pvp or pve in all the years I've played

Anyone else seeing this?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 9, 2022 9:18PM
  • HammerWTEK
    HammerWTEK
    ✭✭
    We have had a few guild members experiencing this especially in event areas, but in other spots as well. (Also ps4/5)
    We know...
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used speedtest.net my ping is 83 and my download speed is 39 on my PS4 which is decent isn't it? It's about the same as it usually is so that's not it I wouldn't think. Just happened again a few minutes ago. I logged in and immediately weird lag.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I get this on PS5 too. I’m running PS4 version.

EDIT: I am using wired connection too, not wi-fi
    Edited by katanagirl1 on February 1, 2022 5:47AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Veinblood1965

As a starting point, please try the steps below to see if they help with the lag and freezing.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Veinblood1965

As a starting point, please try the steps below to see if they help with the lag and freezing.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online

I figured it out. My granddaughter wanted to play Skyrim and the newest Assassins Creed so we installed both and updates on my PS4. Apparently it was just too much data or something in one of those two interfered with ESO. I deleted them and it's working fine now, thank all!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for letting us know that the issue was resolved and caused by not enough space available on your Xbox. We are now closing the thead from further postings.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.