Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Announcing the Legacy of the Bretons Year-Long Saga & High Isle"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
44skjlxjuxat.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article, "Announcing the Legacy of the Bretons Year-Long Saga & High Isle Chapter"

Pre-Order Information

Delve into the history and culture of a noble chivalric people, explore a stunning never-before-seen location, and uncover a mysterious new threat in The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle and Legacy of the Bretons year-long adventure.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 14, 2022 7:02PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back at the start of the year, I made this prediction:
    5xalq8.jpg

It's not gonna be Bretons...

(No jokes, I'm thrilled we're stepping away from the apocalyptic stakes for a bit.)

I'm happy to admit I was wrong

62xwqz.jpg
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gotta say I'm not looking forward to another super drawn out "year long adventure".

Go ahead and make disconnected fun content. I play the game for fun.

I don't need to plan future life decisions around it.
    PC NA
  • Harlwystyr
    Harlwystyr
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm just blind, but only saw digital versions available for pre-purchase - what's the status on physical versions, specifically collector's editions?
    "Life does not bestow upon us all the bright mantle of the hero. Do what ye can, and it will be enough."
    - Harlwystyr Ealthar
  • Plinto-Barliona
    Is high Isle included in ESO plus
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not until next year, and then only the zone.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Harlwystyr There isn't a Physical CE. However, you can buy the digitial collector's and these physical Ascendant Lord statue.

@Plinto-Barliona All previous chapters will be included in ESO+. High Isle itself will not be. It is a separate purchase outside of ESO+.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 27, 2022 9:18PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • DaSnowFangs
    DaSnowFangs
    Soul Shriven
    I'd really like to see a sort of card table for the card game.
    Something that we can put in our guild halls.
    We really need social interactivity furniture.
    🐉HERE BE DRAGONS
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls Online in Spanish!

We are thrilled to announce that The Elder Scrolls Online will go live with Spanish text translations as part of the Update 34 base-game patch, launching in tandem with the High Isle Chapter on June 6 for PC/Mac and Stadia* and June 21 for Xbox and PlayStation consoles.

Just curious; will this be focusing on what's usually considered Latin American Spanish, or closer to Castilian?
    PC NA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, a year of... approach again. Hope that after going full circle around the races of Tamriel we'll be able to retrace to diverse years of old one day.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ended up having a horrible feeling that PvP is meant to die in ESO. At least PvP how we know it.
    Playing cards isn't PvP.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    The Elder Scrolls Online in Spanish!

We are thrilled to announce that The Elder Scrolls Online will go live with Spanish text translations as part of the Update 34 base-game patch, launching in tandem with the High Isle Chapter on June 6 for PC/Mac and Stadia* and June 21 for Xbox and PlayStation consoles.

Just curious; will this be focusing on what's usually considered Latin American Spanish, or closer to Castilian?

Spanish translations will be in Castilian.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    I'd really like to see a sort of card table for the card game.
    Something that we can put in our guild halls.
    We really need social interactivity furniture.

We'll pass this feedback along. Thanks!
    Staff Post
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain why Eidetic memory can't be account-based? There are too many quest-only books that are broken and unavailable to my main character. Other characters should be able to get those - the Eidetic doesn't affect points, etc. This would also encourage more replay.
  • stargazer69
    stargazer69
    ✭✭✭
    Time to move away from the two (minority engagement) dungeon DLC model, or at least make it available to everyone's preferred playstyle (solo, story, group).

Having 2 DLC drops a year that are not (to me) playable is not ideal (yes, I know I could group up and do it, and no, I don't want to, just to have the full "year long story") - bit of a joke when your showcase is "Play the way you want*"

*except when you can't, and it removes some of the story if you don't.

Edited to say

If you had a Netflix sub and wanted to watch a film (movie), and it goes like this:

1st quarter:
    Netflix - you have to group up with 3 other Netflix users to watch this part
    2nd quarter:
    Netflix - you have to pay an additinal £40 to watch this part
    3rd quater:
    Netflix - you have to group up with 3 other Netflix users to watch this part
    4th quater:
    Netflix - OK, you can watch this without restrictions

Is this acceptable?
    Edited by stargazer69 on January 27, 2022 11:24PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Plinto-Barliona
    the CHAPTER is never included in ESO+ in its first year (not until the next year's chapter is released), but the DLC dungeons and 4th quarter DLC zone are normally included and available to ESO+ users.

Also, base-game features are available to everyone, e.g. I suspect the new deconstruction assistant (crown store purchase?) will not require ownership of the chapter, nor will account-wide achievements etc.; while the two new companions and the ingame card game will probably require owning the chapter, at least until the 2023 chapter is released.
  • LINCARD1000
    LINCARD1000
    ✭✭✭
    Some cool sounding things coming our way this year, and hopefully some things that will keep the Breton lore fans out of mischief for a while. Nice to see new companions coming as well, although I know not everyone uses or sees value in them - I do :-) And when it's released that deconn spawnable assistant will be added to my in-game collection, oh my, yes...

Please pass along my wish for any future companions: hot, buff, morally ambiguous male Argonian companion, ZOS, please? :-D

- LINC
  • Dosuul
    Dosuul
    ✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    Can someone explain why Eidetic memory can't be account-based? There are too many quest-only books that are broken and unavailable to my main character. Other characters should be able to get those - the Eidetic doesn't affect points, etc. This would also encourage more replay.

I also think that things you usually collect only once e.g. books should be account wide.

In general hope we get an article or so about how exactly the account wide achievements work in detail.
  • DuckFayth
    DuckFayth
    ✭✭✭
    I'm incredibly hyped for Account Wide Achievements overall. I haven't seen how they're implemented yet, so this may be a moot point, but I hope that bigger achievements like Master Fisher, Cadwell's Gold and overall Achievements that give titles will have some sort of "prestige" aspect to them. This will benefit those people who have farmed up many achievements on many toons and allow them to get some additional recognition.

If they don't, then that's my suggestion!
  • LuckyGhost
    LuckyGhost
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah! Super hyped for AWA btw. Allowing people to get maybe a 2x or 5x next to a title they have earned multiple times may help with concerns that they aren't accomplishing anything for repeat titless. So maybe a "4x Godslayer" would be stoked about sporting that title on all their toons!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    see you next year!!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback here, @LuckyGhost. Really cool idea! We'll pass this along to the dev team and see what they think. No promises, but it's an idea worth exploring.
    Staff Post
  • Asmelia
    Asmelia
    ✭✭
    HI Zenimax, i was wondering for pvp since the achievements will be accountwide. If you got many points/ranks on your other characters that arent higher rank than the higher one on your account, is it possible to merge the points to the highest rank on the account to be able to accomplish the next ranks that you need to get on the account? Please forward that request at the appropriate team to get an answer. Thank you.
  • EchoesofThunder
    EchoesofThunder
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetwater house, please!
  • DarkPassions
    DarkPassions
    Soul Shriven
    Looking forward to this, I really enjoy the Bretons and love their architecture.
    Please tell me they are going to take advantage of this dlc by having more houses like “chateaus” or “keeps”! The aquarium is fine, but is much rather have a believable floor plan like Sweetwater Cascades.