The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game unplayable due to crashes

Living_Ded
Living_Ded
✭✭✭
I play on PC through Steam. Over the course of the past month my game has become unplayable. There is no rhyme or reason to the crashes. They happen when I'm sitting in town chatting with friends, fighting a world boss, leaving a dungeon.. ALL THE TIME. It has basically rendered the game unplayable as I cannot get through a single play session without a crash. I have run the repair tool. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I have no addons. All my drivers are up to date.

Someone tell me I'm not alone. It's so frustrating.
@LivingDed
necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • Invalidiot
    Invalidiot
    Soul Shriven
    You are not alone. I started playing the game in September of 2020 and the game played fine on my computer and never experienced crashes till an update that happened at the end of Jan. start of February of 2021 and the game has been nothing but sporadic in playability since then. Crashing with error report, crashing to desktop and BSOD happens regularly. I am lucky at this moment to get over a minute of log in time before a crash of some sort happens. For a period of about a month this year the game played great with very rare crashing and then it all went back to the same way. I do not understand why this game is so janky on certain computers, I can play any other game and never experience a crash once from single player games to BDO, WoW and FF14 with settings turned almost all the way up. Reinstalling,repairing, playing with no add ons, and I even reset my computer and did a fresh install and updated everything but the game still crashes when it is the only thing installed on the computer.None of the solutions they recommend has worked at all. It is infuriating. I have a gtx970 and from what little i can gather it may be problems with nvidia graphics cards but i am really not sure on that as it is all a guessing game with little solutions online to ESO constant crashing that i can find. <Sad Khajiit Face>
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    Invalidiot wrote: »
    You are not alone. I started playing the game in September of 2020 and the game played fine on my computer and never experienced crashes till an update that happened at the end of Jan. start of February of 2021 and the game has been nothing but sporadic in playability since then. Crashing with error report, crashing to desktop and BSOD happens regularly. I am lucky at this moment to get over a minute of log in time before a crash of some sort happens. For a period of about a month this year the game played great with very rare crashing and then it all went back to the same way. I do not understand why this game is so janky on certain computers, I can play any other game and never experience a crash once from single player games to BDO, WoW and FF14 with settings turned almost all the way up. Reinstalling,repairing, playing with no add ons, and I even reset my computer and did a fresh install and updated everything but the game still crashes when it is the only thing installed on the computer.None of the solutions they recommend has worked at all. It is infuriating. I have a gtx970 and from what little i can gather it may be problems with nvidia graphics cards but i am really not sure on that as it is all a guessing game with little solutions online to ESO constant crashing that i can find. <Sad Khajiit Face>

From what I have gathered from other posts, this seems to have become a common experience. I'm not playing other mmo's right now but I have been playing Back4Blood, among other things and have not had a single issue with those games.

I saw on a previous post that someone rolled back their windows updates and the problem resolved itself. I don't feel that I should have to do that in order to have a single game function properly. It is comforting to hear that others are having the same experience. Frustrating however that there doesn't seem to be a fix in sight. Thinking I might unsub for a bit until it somehow gets fixed. I dunno. But, I don't think I should shell out money to something that isn't working.

Thank you for posting back.
    Edited by Living_Ded on January 17, 2022 12:42AM
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • Wallkar
    Wallkar
    The only hope for the next patch or just forget about the game...
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    This has been going on for months. So tired of it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Living_Ded

Thanks for listing the troubleshooting you've tried in your first post. Since those steps have not helped, you can go ahead and open a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post