Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game still crashing

AMAI460
AMAI460
✭✭✭
Months now, No add ons, New PC well about a month old. Literally was standing in Grathwood just typing to a friend and directly to desktop. no box, no nothing. instant desktop. this is 3 or 4 months now yesterday multiple crashes as well. <snip>

[Edit to remove Bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 13, 2022 9:26PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since these crash issues have been happening over multiple months, we recommend starting a ticket with customer support if you've not done so. If you have already opened a support ticket, you can post it within this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    What are the errors you are getting? IF any.
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    No errors, directly to the desktop. Crazy thing is never happened before this last patch and I even purchased a new system fresh instal same thing.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you updated the motherboard BIOS? Chipset drivers? I am assuming video drivers are up to date.

• AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    Yes JanTanhide all updated. I just opened a ticket 220114-003853. Just crashed again all I did was enter battleground press rapid regen and boom desktop.....
  • Yukon2112
    Yukon2112
    ✭✭✭
    I was having this issue. I turned off all add ons and drivers are up to date. I rolled my pc back to mid nov restore point and no more crashes. It had to be a windows update that was causing me issues
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this happen the last couple of days, in battlegrounds. Screen freeze, booted to desktop. Just happened again in Craglorn.
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crashed 4 times in the last 20 mins in Cyron PC EU
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    Well they moved me up to the next level, whatever that means. I suppose a real person will start to respond instead of the canned replies. I'll keep you posted if it's figure out
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the same sorts of issues. I actually posted about it recently. The repeated crashes have basically made the game unplayable for any reasonable length of time. I can't even finish a random dungeon. I'll keep an eye on this post. At least they replied to you.
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    Ill keep you posted.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Starting to get crashes as well. Two within five minutes of each other. Both times my game froze followed by a crash to desk top. Both happened while killing senche for the weekly endeavor. Reaper's March, PC/NA.
    Edited by phairdon on January 17, 2022 10:21AM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Starting to get crashes as well. Two within five minutes of each other. Both times my game froze followed by a crash to desk top. Both happened while killing senche for the weekly endeavor. Reaper's March, PC/NA.

This happens to me too. Like, a LOT. I'll be in the middle of just killing stuff for the endeavors and CRASH. Sometimes it won't even let me get back to desktop. Couple times I ended up restarting windows. There's no rhyme or reason to it. No common thread of activity that causes it to happen. Sometimes, it's in the middle of a dungeon, sitting around in town waiting on queue.. just doing nothing.
    @LivingDed
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    Any updates yet? Nothing from Zos once I was escalated 4x crashes in 30 minutes
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @AMAI460

Your ticket 220114-003853 was recently escalated so there may be an additional delay before another support agent responds back.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update
  • robinrwb17_ESO2
    Disable multithreaded rendering if it is enabled. There seems to be a stack overflow when multithreaded rendering is enabled, I used to get frequent, random crashes to the desktop. Check Windows event viewer for any ESO-related reports, which might help pinpoint the cause.
    Faulting application name: eso64.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x61b17f7c
    Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7e

Edited by robinrwb17_ESO2 on January 22, 2022 8:39AM
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    It does crash with and without multi on but I never looked at event viewer. Thanks I will definetly look
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ran the repair function and the game has not crashed since, hoping it stays this way. Also thought multi threading may have been the cause, until the game continued to crash after turning off.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    Still crashing and nothing from my ticket a few days ago
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed again. This time it showed up in my event log

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 1/31/2022 9:24:07 AM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: DESKTOP-RNEGEMJ
    Description:
    Faulting application name: eso64.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x61ef5990
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1466, time stamp: 0xe2f8ca76
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff199
    Faulting process id: 0x3e50
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d816adbe43d9e7
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 687d3528-12f6-4699-95f6-a3f07e0b8390
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"&gt;
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-01-31T14:24:07.0632081Z" />
    <EventRecordID>17944</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-RNEGEMJ</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>eso64.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.0.1</Data>
    <Data>61ef5990</Data>
    <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.19041.1466</Data>
    <Data>e2f8ca76</Data>
    <Data>c0000374</Data>
    <Data>00000000000ff199</Data>
    <Data>3e50</Data>
    <Data>01d816adbe43d9e7</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>687d3528-12f6-4699-95f6-a3f07e0b8390</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Any help would be much appreciated. still no reply from my ticket once it was escalted.
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the game is just going to stay broken?

• Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    AMAI460 wrote: »
    I guess the game is just going to stay broken?

I unsubbed for the time being. I'll try the game again after the next BIG patch to see if that helped. Hiatus for now.
    @LivingDed