The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My 5 wishes for PvP balance.

• wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with all this talk about how op cloak is and how nothing works against it I am starting to think that the people making these arguments have not even played a nb in pvp.....
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    Can streak stop DoT dmg or all incoming dmg? The answer is no. Also You need atleast 3 streaks
    when it coems to stamina nigbtlades those 4 seconds are not even issue for them. They can just set up shadow image dodge two or three times

So 2 GCD in streak (one of which comes with stun) is more of a problem than 4 GCD of "just dodge bro, and also shadow image away". Which is 2 GCDs at shadow image and 1 GCD at cloak on top, and I don't count for amount of stam burned for rolls.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    with all this talk about how op cloak is and how nothing works against it I am starting to think that the people making these arguments have not even played a nb in pvp.....

Or someone with no AoE direct damage/reveal/detection potion. Cloak is so easily countered if you bring just one of those things to the fight. Cloak on its own is a joke and you need to combine it with Shade or a speed boost to get a massive distance from your opponent. Dodge rolling only gets you so far, especially if the opponent is smart and just starts spamming AoE in response.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If You take under consideration that after 2-3 streaks You need to spam few dark deals and shield up

You don't "need to spam dark deals" on stamblade only because you don't have dark deals on stamblade, so you can't have stupid amount of resources for free. If you discuss the requirement of healing, both streak escape and cloak escape put you into state where you can't be damaged by that same enemy after the escape, so it's technically not a requirement, but a recovery to 100%-ready state.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With all this talk about how easy to counter cloak is I am starting to think that people making these arguments have some l2p issues on nightblade.

@axi what platform you on? we could duel and find out...no cloak lmao

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With all this talk about how easy to counter cloak is I am starting to think that people making these arguments have some l2p issues on nightblade.

axi what platform you on? we could duel and find out...no cloak lmao

I've fought them on PC NA Gray Host. They're on the Ebonheart Pact last I checked and they enjoy their high survivability tank builds. Unless I have them confused for someone else with a very, very, very similar @ name.
    Edited by Vevvev on November 21, 2021 1:00AM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have PvP'd on every class but main a Stamblade. I get it, cloak can be frustrating, but so can shields, unkillable players with one shot ultimate dumps, ridiculous burst combos, streak, dizzying swing spam, Warden bugs, op healing, cold fire ballistas, bashcro, tower humpers, spam jumping....pretty sure I could keep going.

Everyone wants to remove what they don't like because it keeps them from being a god out there. Without cloak my NB would be killed by 90% of the builds being run out in Cyro and you would force me into one build as a brawler or into a Magblade, then you would complain about something else I have anyway.

Cloak is a class defining ability with tons of counters if you only learn how to use them and counter them. But that takes effort and skill to do, so many just rather complain. I am ineffective against good players most of the time, the easy prey are those who are not prepared for a NB to open up on them. And it is super easy to tell the difference between the two, one dies 100% of the time. If you come prepared with stealth revealing counters that have been explained here already, I will likely find me an easier target.

Edited by EmperorIl on November 21, 2021 1:36PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@axi what platform you on? we could duel and find out...no cloak lmao

PC EU. I dont understand that "no cloak" part , what do You mean by that?

It means I wouldn't need or equip cloak as it would be a duel and I personally feel like cloaking in duels is lame..hoewever point is moot as I am on PS....

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Give target requirement to jabs and whirling blades so to cast them You'll need to have target on Your screen and in other case You wont be able to use them same same like with basically every other spammable ability.
    2. Either give roll dodge a penatly that for 1-2 seconds after succesfully performing it You cannot enter stealth/invisibility or make cloak cost more for 1-2 seconds after succesfull dodge roll.
    3. Major overhaul of healing. Every heal that can heal both the user or/and the ally should be redesigned to never heal both parties for the same amount but to have significantly lower value either for ally or for a user.
    4. Do something with the streak. Undodgable , uinblockable stun in that ability that applies in whole streaking area is just way too much.
    5. Reduce the damage of heavy attack builds in PvP. 15k dmg from 1 heavy attack is a bit silly considering it's free to cast and undodgable when combined with lightning/resto staff.

You're too old to believe in Santa. Just saying.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

We had to remove some posts due to some personal back and forth arguments. Please remember to keep your posts constructive and civil and please take a minute to review our community rules.
    Staff Post
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmperorIl wrote: »
    I have PvP'd on every class but main a Stamblade. I get it, cloak can be frustrating, but so can shields, unkillable players with one shot ultimate dumps, ridiculous burst combos, streak, dizzying swing spam, Warden bugs, op healing, cold fire ballistas, bashcro, tower humpers, spam jumping....pretty sure I could keep going.

Everyone wants to remove what they don't like because it keeps them from being a god out there. Without cloak my NB would be killed by 90% of the builds being run out in Cyro and you would force me into one build as a brawler or into a Magblade, then you would complain about something else I have anyway.

Cloak is a class defining ability with tons of counters if you only learn how to use them and counter them. But that takes effort and skill to do, so many just rather complain. I am ineffective against good players most of the time, the easy prey are those who are not prepared for a NB to open up on them. And it is super easy to tell the difference between the two, one dies 100% of the time. If you come prepared with stealth revealing counters that have been explained here already, I will likely find me an easier target.

Where did I said I want for cloak to be removed or that the issue with nb is just the fact they have cloak? I really reccomend You to read my posts about cloak before commenting because most of the arguments You're using was already shown to not hold their ground. Seriously nb players seem to be extremly oversensitive when some of their abilities especially cloak is even mentioned as strong. Even sorc players are less sensitive which wasn't always the case.
    Edited by axi on November 24, 2021 12:42PM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    If You take under consideration that after 2-3 streaks You need to spam few dark deals and shield up

You don't "need to spam dark deals" on stamblade only because you don't have dark deals on stamblade, so you can't have stupid amount of resources for free. If you discuss the requirement of healing, both streak escape and cloak escape put you into state where you can't be damaged by that same enemy after the escape, so it's technically not a requirement, but a recovery to 100%-ready state.

Actually compared to other stamina players who would rely on dodge You are getting lots of resources for free on stamblade by simply saving them. Bypasing whole dodge penatly mechanic is a huge deal on stamblade. As for streak of course You can be damaged by enemy after using it. Streak is 15 meters range teleport when range abilities in PvP have 36 meters reach and streak also do not stop DoT dmg from ticking. I want to point out that I am not defending streak here but rather pointing out bias in Your line of argumentation. Of copurse streak can allow of bypassing whole potential incoming damage but it's not guaranteed. Like i've already said succesfull cloak is the strongest defense in the game because it is literall 100% dmg reduction. Succesfull streak do not have this feature. Yes You need to work for that succesfull cloak more then for succesfull streak but I do not think it justifies the end result which is beyond any other type of defense and can be used both defensively and ofensively same as streak.
    Edited by axi on November 23, 2021 8:03PM
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Give target requirement to jabs and whirling blades so to cast them You'll need to have target on Your screen and in other case You wont be able to use them same same like with basically every other spammable ability.
    2. Either give roll dodge a penatly that for 1-2 seconds after succesfully performing it You cannot enter stealth/invisibility or make cloak cost more for 1-2 seconds after succesfull dodge roll.
    3. Major overhaul of healing. Every heal that can heal both the user or/and the ally should be redesigned to never heal both parties for the same amount but to have significantly lower value either for ally or for a user.
    4. Do something with the streak. Undodgable , uinblockable stun in that ability that applies in whole streaking area is just way too much.
    5. Reduce the damage of heavy attack builds in PvP. 15k dmg from 1 heavy attack is a bit silly considering it's free to cast and undodgable when combined with lightning/resto staff.

1. Jabs is so broken it almost never works, this is sovled.
    2. no
    3. no
    4. Yes Streak has been way OP for way to long but truth is they will never touch it.
    5. agree

My idea

1. No more AOE attacks, change them all to frontal cone attacks, with all the talk about we need more skill based kills its rather lame classes with AOE attacks dont even have to face or look at some one to attack them just run in the general direction and get close enough and spam a button... no skill needed. at a min you should have to face your target to attack.
    2. blocking should be a frontal defense only, does nothing when you are being attacked from behind or the sides, for those who play the I hold my shield out and now I cant be killed ... dumb. you should at least have to put some kind of effort to keep your shield between you and your attackers.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just throw in some NB facts and leave the other suggestions for others.

1. Most NB players are not good. They either normally play other classes, are new to the build, or just aren't that skilled at the game overall. These players are easy to catch and kill. Their attacks don't fire well and often they don't know how to properly use the builds they stole off YT.

2. Every nightblade burst alerts the target ahead of time. Incap/Soul Harvest? Loud sfx. Caluurions? Loud sound effect. All dodgeable by skilled players that know to pay attention when they're vulnerable. Could you imagine if ever otter class gave away their attack?

3. Most people who get worked over hard by a NB and get upset about it are killed by the few players who ONLY run NB or at least main it most nights. These are NBs like me who play one class through every patch, only using other classes to tier and get rewards. If you die to me it's because I dedicate my game time to being the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice.

4. ZOS has further given other classes several new ways to counter me. Auto break free. Free major protection sources. Battle Spirit mitigation increases. Buffed every detect skill. Is it inconvenient to have to run a detection skill? Wouldn't it be easier if you didn't have to pop a detect pot rather than a tripot? absolutely! I know because I have to do the same thing on my NB to hunt others. But that's the game. I use skills, glyphs and poisons based on what groups I'm going to against, and often these set ups don't directly help me kill. They do however help my faction win the battle.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of complaining about a class ask the devs to make it so you can one shot anyone in PVP with an ability from you class. For me I want to make everyone aware that I think when I use breath of life or honor the dead on my templar instead of healing does 50K damage enemies with a 50m radius, I heal for 50% of the damage done and anything over my max health should give me a shield that will last until it is removed.

Now onto being serious. One NB isn't a problem It is when you get 2 or 3 and they all stun you and you don't get immunity and end up dead because of it.

That is a CC issue where you can't break free and get stun not by one but by three different players. If CC immunity actually worked after being stunned the first time, players wouldn't die or be stunned again and again resulting in death. Instead a player would have time to maybe escape or counter the attacks.

CC immunity needs to be revisited as it is not working as intended.
  • SigmarusWyrmborn
    Please please ZOS take a look at the unused monster sets, I love the option of monster sets but only use maybe 4 sets