The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Duration of Magsork Shields

• Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »
    [snip] you can keep getting ganked and coming here to ask for things that'll never happen. It's up to you. No good pvper requires a longer shield to survive. This is all on you. Pvp is filled with successful, practically unkillable sorcs. You could try to learn from them. Or you can keep asking for this thing that WILL NOT HAPPEN. That's up to you. [snip]

And it's Magsorc. Not Magsork.

[snip] If you play once a week in this class, then you hardly understand

[edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2021 5:31PM
  • Playnice
    Playnice
    ✭✭✭
    It should last for at least 20 seconds. The first person to attack you will melt your shield - once you get into combat you'll be forced to smash shield every 3 casts anyway. It would be a massive quality of live change without affecting the actual power of the shield.
    Playing since Feb 2015 / TES fan since 2002
    Main alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    All classes, all specs, 21 characters / 2 accounts
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Hi there,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for baiting, content that is against the Community Rules.
    • Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    No one running a mag sorc is spamming shields outside of combat in situations where they do not see an enemy. It's just not happening. And if it is, it so entirely unnecessary. If you are so worried about being caught in the open, use streak/roll dodge/boundless to get around.

Everyone also has the access to major protection from flare if you are so worried about being hit by others. :)
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ricardo_vargas_2021_02_08_abstract_dk.600x0-u1i0s1q90f1.jpg

I played back when the shields were longer duration - as OP wants. I was worried then and complained about it going to 6 seconds, but I adapted and moved on years ago. We need monumental shifts in PvP balance/META to cause shield length to be part of the discussion again.

Making shields 15 seconds is giving Sorcs back a crutch they learned to live without years ago, and no longer need to be successful.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • davelbier
    davelbier
    as a guy who mains a magsorc in cyro -- the shields are fine. i dont even like all the resources used to stack them so i just pop hardened ward when I am in combat. i back bar pariah and flip on boundless storm anytime i am running around solo. its enough resistances to hold me under lots of heavy damage, never mind a single ganker.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Some of the best magsorcs I've seen don't even use shields. They are very selfish and take up slots that can otherwise be used on damage and group utility.

If you're getting ganked then you really should be using Inner Light. It's a hard counter to NB.

Shields are still the best defense for mag sorc in open world PVP which is a stark contrast with no CP.

Mag sorc and stamblade were designed to win games and outnumbered PVP on its own. It doesn't need to provide group utility.
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on November 2, 2021 6:03PM
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    No one has given a single argument as to why this will not be balanced. Give a colorful example