The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Duration of Magsork Shields

Merllow
Merllow
✭✭✭
The essence of the discussion is as follows. Everyone knows that the Magsork lives thanks to its shields and if the shield is not imposed on the sork, then it dies from a sneeze of any player. All magpies always support the effect of the shield, but it lasts for 6 seconds !!! Imagine you need to reapply the shield every 6 seconds all the time, or you risk dying without having time to say "Oh". You come to play for 3 hours in PVP, be so kind as to press the shields every 6 seconds, even if you don't see anyone.
There is no point in this, all the same, these shields get lost with one blow and during the battle it will have to be pressed on the GCD. But on the other hand, when you are running in search of a duel, it may be that the duration of the action is the same as that of the skills that give resists, because they are also used as a buff, it's just mechanically disgusting to press the shield every 6 seconds, even every 5 seconds, because it is impossible to the shield flew off you otherwise, some NB Ganker will catch you on this.
I will even count you a good example. You went in at night to play in the imperial city for 3 hours. And you run and cannot find anyone because the prime time is gone and you are forced to draw a shield every 5 seconds in an empty city anyway, so that it does not fly off, how many times you press the empty shield button in 3 hours. So) in 3 hours 10800 seconds. 10800/5 = 2160 times. 2160 times you just hit the shield button in 3 hours. Why so with magpie mana, I will never understand. If the shield is 15 seconds, as the average buffs in the game, this is logical.
Edited by Merllow on October 28, 2021 1:31PM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They used to last way longer and it was extremely op. People would be stacking huge shields and magicka sorcs were basically gods.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    They used to last way longer and it was extremely op. People would be stacking huge shields and magicka sorcs were basically gods.

15 seconds is not 60. And there are no huge shields now. And although they will hang for 2 hours, they are knocked down in 2 hits.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think a triple shielding sorc has much more difficulty maintaining 3 shields if they only last 6 seconds. Otherwise most shields are gone before the 6 seconds is up under attack.

Imagine a cast time on shields! That was pts experiment iirc that was shouted down on the forums by all the Sorcs with assistance from Spider Man.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And I think the idea was to have us make a choice between being offensive or defensive which each action. It seems to work very well with the current design. Yes, my alt is a sorc.
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    I think a triple shielding sorc has much more difficulty maintaining 3 shields if they only last 6 seconds. Otherwise most shields are gone before the 6 seconds is up under attack.

Imagine a cast time on shields! That was pts experiment iirc that was shouted down on the forums by all the Sorcs with assistance from Spider Man.

During the battle, there is no problem to defend 3 shields, but the 3rd shield is optional in a situation when you need to heal. And I always run with two shields. Is always! you just need to constantly press these shields and this is wildness.
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

And I think the idea was to have us make a choice between being offensive or defensive which each action. It seems to work very well with the current design. Yes, my alt is a sorc.

This does not affect defense and attack in any way. not at all
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage shields are fine, can use the empowered ward morph (proactive defense) which lasts 10 seconds if duration is your primary issue. Can also buff your health, magicka, and resistances to make them much more durable (reactively useful). I really don't want ZOS touching damage shields again, especially after the madness of putting a cast time on them.
    cast-times-eso.gif
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Six seconds is plenty of time. It's not supposed to save you from everything. It's supposed to absorb a little damage while you come up with some strategy, be it streaking away, going on offense, healing up, etc. I don't even use shields on any other mag toon and I do just fine. Magsorcs have their ward, streak, mines, a great sustain skill. You don't need a buffed shield.
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think hardened ward is fine, empowered ward needs adjustments, no one uses it. Empowered ward doesn't give enough for the loss of shield size especially in PvP. I think it should give minor sorcerery or another minor buff like protection any one would be fine. Its literally called empowered ward and it gives you a little bit better sustain over a huge shield loss. You should feel empowered after using it so give it two or three minor buffs not just one. It would also be good for groups too as sorcs lack in that area 👌
    Edited by AdamLAD on October 29, 2021 8:12AM
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »
    Damage shields are fine, can use the empowered ward morph (proactive defense) which lasts 10 seconds if duration is your primary issue. Can also buff your health, magicka, and resistances to make them much more durable (reactively useful). I really don't want ZOS touching damage shields again, especially after the madness of putting a cast time on them.
    cast-times-eso.gif

Playing through shields for 10 seconds is a mockery of oneself, he is too weak to use it and it will not work to overclock these shields.
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »
    Six seconds is plenty of time. It's not supposed to save you from everything. It's supposed to absorb a little damage while you come up with some strategy, be it streaking away, going on offense, healing up, etc. I don't even use shields on any other mag toon and I do just fine. Magsorcs have their ward, streak, mines, a great sustain skill. You don't need a buffed shield.

Shields are always raised and will be raised at normal magical terms. Without shields, the character becomes a priority target for anyone. And I did not write that shields need to be strengthened in size, as you write. And the difference will only be pressed once every 5 seconds or once 15 seconds. Which in general is still a stupid mechanic. Nobody wants to be ganged up and they always defend themselves in advance, which looks like some kind of convulsions.If 6 seconds is enough for you, you probably do not play in this class and you just need to write something for a break.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Merllow wrote: »

If it does not affect defense at all then it should not be an issue retaining the current 6 second duration.

If the duration were 15 seconds long, as it seems the suggestion requests, then that means the player is having to make that choice between being defensive or offensive less than half as often as they do now. So it does in fact affect how often that player makes the choice which means it goes against the stated reason the devs shorted the duration of shields to begin with.
    Edited by Amottica on October 29, 2021 10:09AM
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭

If it does not affect defense at all then it should not be an issue retaining the current 6 second duration.

If the duration were 15 seconds long, as it seems the suggestion requests, then that means the player is having to make that choice between being defensive or offensive less than half as often as they do now. So it does in fact affect how often that player makes the choice which means it goes against the stated reason the devs shorted the duration of shields to begin with.

It does not work as you say, when the player goes to the defense shields are used every second, and not once every 15 seconds, shields are not immortality, as you think for some reason. In battle, they must be pressed after the expiration of the global delay. It is very strange that you write such an inconsistent message so vaguely.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one running a mag sorc is spamming shields outside of combat in situations where they do not see an enemy. It's just not happening. And if it is, it so entirely unnecessary. If you are so worried about being caught in the open, use streak/roll dodge/boundless to get around.
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    No one running a mag sorc is spamming shields outside of combat in situations where they do not see an enemy. It's just not happening. And if it is, it so entirely unnecessary. If you are so worried about being caught in the open, use streak/roll dodge/boundless to get around.

Everyone is doing this, and if you don’t, then I have news for you. You are new to this class
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone is doing this, and if you don’t, then I have news for you. You are new to this class

I should clarify then, no good mag sorc is spamming shields while running around outside of combat. Not at all. It's just not happening.
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭

I should clarify then, no good mag sorc is spamming shields while running around outside of combat. Not at all. It's just not happening.

If such a magsorc likes to be ganked, then of course
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are other options to stay tanky enough not to get one shot ganked. Boundless storm stays up for a long enough time. There are sets like mighty Chudan and the health trinket thing.

If you’re attacked, break free and roll dodge cancel a shield cast. Or just keep one shield up if you’re in a dangerous place.
    Edited by Minalan on October 29, 2021 5:38PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of the best magsorcs I've seen don't even use shields. They are very selfish and take up slots that can otherwise be used on damage and group utility.

If you're getting ganked then you really should be using Inner Light. It's a hard counter to NB.
    PC NA
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every class in this game gets ganked sometimes. Magsorcs aren't special in this department. Magsorcs already have tools no other class has. [snip]

Also, it's pretty ignorant to just assume that because someone doesn't agree with you, they must not have played magsorc. Magsorc was my first ESO class and it was my first pvp class. I have years of experience pvping on magsorc. I have one of every mag class that I pvp with, except nightblade. Magsorc is the only class that I run a shield on. And I barely ever use it. When I do, it's just to absorb some damage while I regroup. I never use it proactively. I use offense proactively. If I get ganked, I break free, roll dodge and streak, then go on offense. I pop a reveal pot if I have one ready and go to town. If I get killed, well then I get killed. Such is pvp. You win some, you lose some. I'm sorry that you're not experienced enough. I highly suggest you play some other classes to learn how to defend without relying on your shield. It will help tremendously.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2021 5:28PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It does not work as you say, when the player goes to the defense shields are used every second, and not once every 15 seconds, shields are not immortality, as you think for some reason. In battle, they must be pressed after the expiration of the global delay. It is very strange that you write such an inconsistent message so vaguely.

Shields work exactly as I said as I was speaking of the duration, what the OP speaks to wanting to change. Sure, when attacked the shield can be consumed but that is the shield *** what it was intended to do, reduce or prevent the character from receiving that damage it absorbed which is why a shield is considered a defensive skill.

Even then, this is not what I say but what Zos specifically said when they shortened the duration of the shields. They specifically said they want us to make a choice with each action to be defensive or offensive.

If a sorc wants a shield with a longer duration they can choose the empowered ward though it does provide a slightly smaller shield.

Regardless, I do fine without having to worry about my shield most of the time.
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    It is very interesting to get advice from people who do not play as a magsork. There is little sense in your advice, you think like a beginner. If there is no shield, then light armor dies immediately and does not have time to release and roll (keep in touch). Inner light is nonsense that takes up a slot and does not even have time to open the blade in time. Play further on your stamcro and give advice on how to play the magsorc xD.
    You play this game so much and think that Divelopers understands this or that decision regarding the class.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we nightblade only get 3 seconds on our defenses of invisibility, your 6 seconds of defenses is Double what we get.
    be happy you not 3 seconds like us.
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    we nightblade only get 3 seconds on our defenses of invisibility, your 6 seconds of defenses is Double what we get.
    be happy you not 3 seconds like us.

Mmmmm, are you comparing real invisibility and a 10k damage shield? Seriously ? Are you the type who thinks that this is invulnerability?)
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use reveal pots or mage's light to take away a Nightblade's defensive tool. There's no pot or skill that makes you unable to use your shield.

Also, you think like a beginner. It's obvious. No decent player relies on a shield to survive. That's the stuff of noobs.
    Edited by GetAgrippa on October 30, 2021 5:07PM
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    I use reveal pots or mage's light to take away a Nightblade's defensive tool. There's no pot or skill that makes you unable to use your shield.

These are two different tools and after the invisibility buff you shouldn't complain. all the more, the disclosure of invisibility does not last long and this time the NB kite and then invisible again. Invisibility is the most imposing thing in this game and it is unrealistic to compare it with shields.
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭

Also, you think like a beginner. It's obvious. No decent player relies on a shield to survive. That's the stuff of noobs.

Okay, let's go your way. Outside of battle, you are always invisible. Or, if no one uses the invisible gap, you remain invisible forever. Here's a comparison, even the inviz is endless if you don't get up, but you always have to poke the shields every 5 seconds.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kill Nightblades all the time [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2021 5:26PM
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    I kill Nightblades all the time [snip]

Well play the magsork and we'll talk.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2021 5:27PM
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] you can keep getting ganked and coming here to ask for things that'll never happen. It's up to you. No good pvper requires a longer shield to survive. This is all on you. Pvp is filled with successful, practically unkillable sorcs. You could try to learn from them. Or you can keep asking for this thing that WILL NOT HAPPEN. That's up to you. [snip]

And it's Magsorc. Not Magsork.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2021 5:29PM