The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to use the launcher

Adremal
Adremal
✭✭✭✭
Hello,
As per subject, the launcher is stuck on "loading" and I can't click anything such as "options", "repair" (because there's nothing aside from "loading"). I validated the game files through Steam to no avail. I followed the usual network troubleshooting steps, checked the firewalls, everything is fine. I rebooted the PC and now the launcher tries to install the game again, despite the game being already installed and functional as I can login and play by launching eso64 from the game folder (Steam does not register me as playing when doing this).
Anyone else having similar issues or a clue on how to solve this? Will this prevent me from patching the game when a patch is released?
Thanks for the assistance.
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: I tried this but I'm unable to do any of the steps because what I see is this:

n2x3t1wl0sds.png

No buttons, nothing. It's also frozen and cannot close it via Steam, I can only kill the launcher process.
  • Jord_Joe
    Jord_Joe
    I use windows 7 and i solves this, instaling "MicrosoftEasyFix51044" after this the launcher works again ( the fix only works If u have the update "KB3140245" of Win7 )
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: I was able to solve the matter on my own, I'll briefly say how should other users experience this as well.
    After doing some googling I figured it could be a network issue.
    So I ran the game with a VPN turned on and the launcher started as intended. The report function of the launcher produced multiple
    Event Name: AppHangB1
    at signature: Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe
    I did a repair through the launcher.
    Then I turned off the VPN, and tried again - now I could see some buttons, but all of them, and couldn't load the news. So I entered the router and did a manual reset. This fixed all of the issues without even needing to reboot the PC.
    I am not a techie but it worked, so maybe it'll help others.
    P.s. this was on Windows 10.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update and letting us know manually resetting the router resolved things. With the issue now fixed, we are going to close out this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.