The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Social Ban?

Han
Han
Soul Shriven
Hi there! Earlier this week, I found out that I received a social ban. I also believe my account was flagged before this week, but wasn't aware of it because I weren't able to do much content besides logging in to complete my daily crafting writs and surveys for the past 2.5 - 3 weeks due to real life commitments.

Upon research, I found out that social bans are given when an account is suspected of botting or selling gold which are behaviors that I will never endorse. I suspect an addon feature to flag my account as it allows me to auto-retrieve items from mail and auto-delete them after which could seem like botting. It's the only reason I could think of because I've only found out about this feature recently. Anyway, now that I'm able to fit ESO into my schedule, I'm a little disheartened that I'm not able to fully enjoy the game. It's also affecting my decision as a consumer to purchase crowns and renew ESO+ as I'm not sure if I would be wasting money on an account that would forever be partially locked out.

I submitted a ticket (211013-001641) regarding this issue I'm having, but I noticed it's in the "hacked account" category. I wish to know if the ticket is in the correct category and if I would be informed of what caused the social ban, so I could avoid repeating the offense. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.