Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Breaking Bug

WombatNipples65
WombatNipples65
✭✭✭
So went onto PTS this evening and just so happened to find a bug where you can just stack stats on stats, please see screenshots below. I'm conscious not to share how to do it, but just want to get it known so that it can be fixed before live:

3nqaemj83plr.png
t8df03wz672w.png

Can provide more images if needed. Managed to replicate it after logging back out, have some idea what's involved but granted probably things I don't know.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

EDIT: Managed to get the health to over 10m, with 40m ticks of healing, and a 1m TT on Crimson. Its not fake stats, can't upload screenshots as they are too large.

Edited by WombatNipples65 on October 12, 2021 9:37PM
PC EU
Wômbat - Khajiit Magicka Nightblade - AR50
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now magplar can do solo vet trials on PTS for the meme of it
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you want to fix it? How is it a game breaking bug?
  • WombatNipples65
    WombatNipples65
    ✭✭✭
    ts6sewylni3p.png

The you can stack your resources as high as you want, is just broken. I got bored later on in the night and ended up doing a dummy parse will 11million DPS on the 21million dummy.
    Edited by WombatNipples65 on October 13, 2021 5:37AM
    PC EU
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ts6sewylni3p.png

The you can stack your resources as high as you want, is just broken. I got bored later on in the night and ended up doing a dummy parse will 11million DPS on the 21million dummy.

Oficially youre the best PvE player of all time. Nobody can beat taht parse :D LoL

Great insight though.

Needs to be fixed immediately.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm scared [snip]. Will it go live?

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on October 13, 2021 12:34PM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • WombatNipples65
    WombatNipples65
    ✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    I'm scared [snip]. Will it go live?

Hopefully with me reporting it on here, via a ticket and to notable people in the community that ZoS listen to, it won't.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on October 13, 2021 12:34PM
    PC EU
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title said game breaking bug and I was ready for the typical hyperbole. I have to say, this is an actual game breaking bug. Hopefully ZOS fixes this before live or there will be plenty of people putting their account at risk for exploiting. It would be very tempting to one shot anything in the game, players, vet trial bosses, etc.
  • WombatNipples65
    WombatNipples65
    ✭✭✭
    Title said game breaking bug and I was ready for the typical hyperbole. I have to say, this is an actual game breaking bug. Hopefully ZOS fixes this before live or there will be plenty of people putting their account at risk for exploiting. It would be very tempting to one shot anything in the game, players, vet trial bosses, etc.

Wasn't really sure how else to title it, issue is (like you said) there are too many posts from people claiming things are game breaking when in reality they are meaningless.
    PC EU
  • simple_specops
    simple_specops
    ✭✭✭
    Did you at least do godslayer sólo or something cool?
  • WombatNipples65
    WombatNipples65
    ✭✭✭

vAS Solo and fighting guards mostly
    PC EU
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would watch a video of that if it's available. Would be great for a chuckle.
  • simple_specops
    simple_specops
    ✭✭✭
    I would watch anything related just for the laugh, everything must be fun to do, if it was me I'd probably try vcr+3 solo in 45 secs
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

palpatine-dewit.gif
    Edited by themaddaedra on October 13, 2021 12:34PM
    PC|EU
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    Quickly, do and record a Planesbreaker solo run on PTS!!!
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They'd probably take a very dim view of recording the outcome of an exploit and making it public.

EDIT: To remove unnecessary humour.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on October 13, 2021 1:01PM
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power creep is real next patch
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    They'd probably take a very dim view of recording the outcome of an exploit and making it public.

EDIT: To remove unnecessary humour.

Unnecessary humour lmao
    PC|EU
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was using this very same bug last week. Got my stats so high that my damage spilled over into the real world and my cat let out a horrible meow!

Joke btw lol. Good job posting this, nice to see someone who cares.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks @WombatNipples65 (did I really just type that?), we're aware and working on getting this fixed before the update goes live.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Danel_Vadan
    Danel_Vadan
    ✭✭✭
    Leave it in.
    Tam! RUGH!
  • Rootmender_Inky
    Rootmender_Inky
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @WombatNipples65 (did I really just type that?), we're aware and working on getting this fixed before the update goes live.

Its very funny to see, these types of names are allowed, but a couple of my guildies were banned for way less offensive names (in this case, his name was sometwatonline, oh no so offensive :O ) and yet, you allow the name "Wombat ***"?
    This has to be a joke @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please be consistent with your punishments / treatment of your customers. Its almost everyday I see people with offensive character names, account names and nothing is done about it.

Sincerely, Rootmender Inky.
  • Rootmender_Inky
    Rootmender_Inky
    ✭✭✭

Its very funny to see, these types of names are allowed, but a couple of my guildies were banned for way less offensive names (in this case, his name was sometwatonline, oh no so offensive :O ) and yet, you allow the name "Wombat ***"?

Please be consistent with your punishments / treatment of your customers. Its almost everyday I see people with offensive character names, account names and nothing is done about it.

The name is so great, it auto censors in the forums. This just keeps getting better lol
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How does one get offended by wombat nimbles lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTa0WhIs8Bojbfw5SIOkEk4UqXO6qsoJwN2Tw&usqp=CAU
    Edited by themaddaedra on October 13, 2021 1:34PM
    PC|EU
  • Rootmender_Inky
    Rootmender_Inky
    ✭✭✭

Hmm i dont, im fine with it. But why does the forums censor it though? What is offensive about sometwatonline? its not refering to somebody else, its refering to him. why didnt my guildie had a chance to change his character name? it was an instaban with no appeal possible. tell me whats different between my friends name and wombat ***? why are some people benefitinmg while others cant even ask for help in the support section.

This is the kind of things that will ultimately break your game. shame too, this game is awesome. but customer support is utter trash. I just want my friend to be unbanned and treated fairly, is it too much to ask?? He already stated to Support that he wants to change his name, they never told him / let him do it. Why? Other people have been told to change their username/character name, but not him. Ah, also? First "offense" too. Can someone explain this?
  • WombatNipples65
    WombatNipples65
    ✭✭✭

Its only on the forums, I've already had 27 Character name changes + @name change + Warning on the game from this. No doubt it will happen on the forums now.

Enjoy.
    PC EU
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaxc wrote: »
    Quickly, do and record a Planesbreaker solo run on PTS!!!
    Joking aside, you lose the stacked stats as soon as a basic mob dies. Which in itself if curious, I have to wonder what is happening on the server side when said mob dies. So while you can potentially get Immortal Redeemer solo and could potential get Gryphon Heart as a trio, the other, larger trials remove the stacked stats, meaning you could have to spend 10+ minutes getting them back before a boss fight.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • WombatNipples65
    WombatNipples65
    ✭✭✭

Hmm i dont, im fine with it. But why does the forums censor it though? What is offensive about sometwatonline? its not refering to somebody else, its refering to him. why didnt my guildie had a chance to change his character name? it was an instaban with no appeal possible. tell me whats different between my friends name and wombat ***? why are some people benefitinmg while others cant even ask for help in the support section.

This is the kind of things that will ultimately break your game. shame too, this game is awesome. but customer support is utter trash. I just want my friend to be unbanned and treated fairly, is it too much to ask?? He already stated to Support that he wants to change his name, they never told him / let him do it. Why? Other people have been told to change their username/character name, but not him. Ah, also? First "offense" too. Can someone explain this?

Very much depends on what the name actually is. There are a lot of names I see on live using British Slang (some serioulsy offensive) that most people that aren't from here won't notice, no doubt the same for some of the Dutch/German/French players, they don't seem to get banned likely because ZoS don't actually know its offensive.
    PC EU
  • MasterPleb
    MasterPleb
    ✭✭

if you can't see how *** is a more offensive word than *** than i feel very sorry for you
    PC EU
    EP :
    Rank 50 Magplar Lucy Titanfall
    PvE Magicka Warden Healer Chizuru

DC :
    Rank 50 Stamblade Larisa
    Rank 27 Stamden Rika
    Rank 18 Magblade Darth Pleb
    Rank 30 Stamcro Arrius Mine

AD :
    Rank 31 Stamplar Annie
    Rank 27 Mag Sorc Erina
    Rank 21 Mag dk Yuuki
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Very much depends on what the name actually is. There are a lot of names I see on live using British Slang (some serioulsy offensive) that most people that aren't from here won't notice, no doubt the same for some of the Dutch/German/French players, they don't seem to get banned likely because ZoS don't actually know its offensive.

I had a character with a very vulgar British slang as name for a long time, only recently I changed it.

It seemed hilarious to a very intoxicated me 6 years ago, but wore thin rather quickly. Alas name changes are not free...
    Edited by ApoAlaia on October 13, 2021 1:57PM