The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Settings resets themselves.

DonHardstyle
DonHardstyle
✭✭✭
Every once i an while when i launch ESO, something strange happen.

Normally when i start ESO, it opens the launcher, lets me select pts or live servers and everything goes automatically as normal.

Every once i an while tho, it doesn't open up launcher and just opens the game directly, where i them have to login with my ESO userid. This doesn't work then, cous it says wrong server ( even tho i select eu-the right server )

I launch the game via steam then, and that brings me back to launcher, i select live. Then i suddenly have to select eu or na, Wich normally isn't needed. Then i have to agree to all that eula and code of conduct stuff. Massive load screens. Agree to the pegi, agree to the use of add-ons. And all my graphics settings are back to default.

My gf, who plays on an different PC never has this.

Why does this happen?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DonHardstyle

There are some suggestions in the thread below of possible reasons your settings continue to reset.

Eso keeps resetting & desktop icons reset
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DonHardstyle
    DonHardstyle
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @DonHardstyle

There are some suggestions in the thread below of possible reasons your settings continue to reset.

Eso keeps resetting & desktop icons reset

Nah it's not like that, things that has been suggested are all good on my PC. Gf came up with an idea, she had is before with the Sims when Nvidia GeForce experience had an big update, she had an similar thing that changed the settings to what they said was right for the PC. I checked the settings that nvidia GeForce experience suggest. And that are the same settings applied to when this happens. So i ditched it. See what happens now.

Does that sound like an possibility to you ?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DonHardstyle

Just to confirm, are you still having this issue after making changes in the Nvidia Geforce experience settings?
    Staff Post
  • DonHardstyle
    DonHardstyle
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @DonHardstyle

Just to confirm, are you still having this issue after making changes in the Nvidia Geforce experience settings?

Not annymore as of the moment. But the resets happend randomly annyway, so there is no way to tell yet. I completely removed nvidia GeForce experience tho.

It seemed like it happens after GeForce experience had an update. And forced me to play with the settings they thought was best for my PC. To be sure that this was the fix, i probably have to wait an while before i can confirm it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DonHardstyle

Thank you for the update!
    Staff Post