The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Crashing when logging in

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Since today's patch (9/20/21) the game is crashing more frequently when logging in/switching characters. This is my 4th crash today so far, usually it's 1-2. All I do is log out of 1 character, select the next and the game crashes while loading the new character.

Can this be fixed please?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 23, 2021 5:26PM
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't log in at all because of this. Tried repairing. Now I'm uninstalling and reinstalling. This patch killed my launcher somehow.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    I sympathize. Several players on NA sever US East Coast and the EU server have been reporting server instability and launcher issues since Update 31. I was hoping Update 32 would fix it-- but it didn't. Instead, it looks like the amount of affected players might actually be increasing. No word from ZOS yet.
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • ElysaDjinn
    I'm having constant trouble staying logged in - I can maybe play 2 minutes and then either nothing responds (reloadui doesn't help) or I'm kicked out. This is beyond a joke.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I opened a support ticket, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work for me. Something in this patch definitely broke the launcher for me.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Log in broken on console. Just an unusually long load screen. But it's not long its forever.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sympathize. Several players on NA sever US East Coast and the EU server have been reporting server instability and launcher issues since Update 31. I was hoping Update 32 would fix it-- but it didn't. Instead, it looks like the amount of affected players might actually be increasing. No word from ZOS yet.

Same here, here is my thread about it:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/587011/lag-high-ping-server-disconnects-pc-n-a#latest

And I already had my carrier Spectrum come out to the physical location and checked all wires, connections and hardware. And I did nothing out of the ordinary.... This all started Sept 17th when disconnects became very apparent.

Thanks for having someone look into it @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As a starting point we recommend going through the troubleshooting in the link below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    There's just one problem ZOS... those of us who've been cursed with this issue since update 31 HAVE BEEN doing the troubleshooting steps you recommended--in some cases several times. The game remains broken because something you did in update 31 broke it, and no subsequent patches or maintenance have fixed it yet.

I just went through ALL of the TS steps you recommend again, including a fresh uninstall/reinstall, after maintenance today. The game remains just as broken. You have over a dozen official crash reports from me alone within the last 36hrs. Please stop pretending your players are the ones who might be responsible for this insanity. It's on you, please fix it.
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @GuildedLilly

With the normal crash troubleshooting not helping, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support for further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post