The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Social And Display Name Functions Are Disabled On This Server?

MIZRETH
MIZRETH
✭✭
Social And Display Name Functions Are Disabled On This Server message popping up as I try to join a guild. I cannot access any guild functions, banks, or anything. What does it mean? I'm on NA server, XSX platform.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 2, 2021 5:21PM
MIZRETH
The Dollar Tree Guild
XBOX SERIES X

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MIZRETH wrote: »
    Social And Display Name Functions Are Disabled On This Server message popping up as I try to join a guild. I cannot access any guild functions, banks, or anything. What does it mean? I'm on NA server.

Sounds like you have a social ban active. Can you talk in zone chat?
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Social And Display Name Functions Are Disabled On This Server message popping up as I try to join a guild. I cannot access any guild functions, banks, or anything. What does it mean? I'm on NA server.

Sounds like you have a social ban active. Can you talk in zone chat?

This^

Try also sending a mail or using guild banks and guild traders.
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @MIZRETH,

Please submit a ban appeal ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com, so we can assist you with this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MIZRETH
    MIZRETH
    ✭✭
    Wow...and I didn't get an email or info or anything? That's messed up. I've been on this game for years without any issues and one troll gets me banned for no reason? That makes no sense. Also I've put in an in-game ticket last night when it started and had NO response or confirmation email from ZOS with the ticket #. I also now cannot log into my Bethesda account to file a ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com. I can log into the game, but that's about it. -_-
    Edited by MIZRETH on August 30, 2021 3:10PM
    MIZRETH
    The Dollar Tree Guild
    XBOX SERIES X

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happened to a friend of mine, for posting a Discord link in game, apparently it is against the TOS and they will instantly ban you if someone reports you for it. It is a pretty messed up system, as he was just trying to help coordinate the zone in Cyro and this basically cost our faction a a really good raid leader, on top of screwing his game up for a week or two.
  • MIZRETH
    MIZRETH
    ✭✭
    Happened to a friend of mine, for posting a Discord link in game, apparently it is against the TOS and they will instantly ban you if someone reports you for it. It is a pretty messed up system, as he was just trying to help coordinate the zone in Cyro and this basically cost our faction a a really good raid leader, on top of screwing his game up for a week or two.

That's nuts. I haven't even posted anything in chat other than the guild link...so I don't understand what's going on or why ZOS won't address my ticket, or acknowledge I opened a ticket. I usually get at minimum an email response with the ticket info in it, and I haven't even received that.
    Edited by MIZRETH on August 30, 2021 4:49PM
    MIZRETH
    The Dollar Tree Guild
    XBOX SERIES X

• etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's nuts. I haven't even posted anything in chat other than the guild link...so I don't understand what's going on or why ZOS won't address my ticket, or acknowledge I opened a ticket. I usually get at minimum an email response with the ticket info in it, and I haven't even received that.

If you don't get a response and you are on Xbox you can also file a complaint there (ie with Microsoft) about ZOS service (and ZoS is now part of Microsoft).

Edited by etchedpixels on September 1, 2021 11:04AM
    Too many toons not enough time
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MIZRETH

You can post your ticket number in this thread so we can check up on it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post