The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Website Error: Saving Billing Address Failed

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_BillE

While I attempted to purchase 21000 Crowns for $89.99 during the current Quakecon 2021 Sale, the website repeatedly displayed Error: Saving billing address failed. on the Billing Address page in the Crown purchase process. I was logged-in to my ZOS customer account, and my billing address was saved previously, so it auto-fills with the correct data. After I I uncheck the box to "Save my payment information for future purchases" the same error continued to be displayed. There are no empty or incomplete data fields on the form. All cookies are enabled, so I don't have any idea as to why the website cannot continue with the transaction.

When I attempted to Submit A Ticket about this on the Support website, there are only four subcategories from which to choose, and none of them apply to a failure of the website to function correctly. How is it that an enterprise which claims to have 18 million players of their game cannot spend any money for routine customer support, let alone to support players who encounter problems with the game design and/or its software?

Please advise.

Edited by Shadowshire on August 18, 2021 11:05AM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here, "Error: Saving billing address failed".

And the ticket system has become almost unusable, reporting errors of this kind via a ticket is for all practical purposes impossible (and the last time I filed a ticket, years ago, no-one responded for about 2 weeks... by which time the crown pack sale would have been over).

I will keep trying, but right now this looks like a complete "show stopper".
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks,

Please be sure to try all of the steps detailed in this article if you haven't already!

If the error continues, then please submit a ticket with us using the Error Codes category at help.elderscrollsonline.com
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a friend whose ESO+ renewal was declined for the same reason. After being a subscriber since launch, suddenly his renewal didn’t go through. It turns out it was due to missing capitalization in his address, of all the stupid things.

Zeni has added a new address verification partner, or their payment processing gateway made a change, and it’s causing payments to reject for some people who’ve had their info on file with Zeni for a long time. They’re violating the first rule of business - never make it hard for people to give you money.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth

Please explain why exactly the same data shown on the page in exactly the same way has never resulted in display of the error before. It has been shown as it is shown for 7+ years and -- until now -- there has not been a failure to effect a transaction for either:

(1) the recurring monthly ESO+ subscription charge of $14.95, or
    (2) purchases of Crowns for my account with the Crown store -- sometimes, Crowns which were on sale for a reduced price.

What the error message says is that the billing data cannot be "saved" ( Error: Saving billing address failed. )

On the face of it, the website is trying to transfer the data obtained from my account record to a sales transaction record. For whatever reason, the attempt fails. But the failure almost certainly has nothing to do with the data itself.

For one, it could be the system is unable to process the number of transactions that players are currently attempting to effect. That is, the ZOS computer system doesn't work fast enough to process them. Nothing in the document to which you referred me will resolve that problem -- among others.

For what it is worth, the most recent error that occurred was being charged twice for the same purchase. ZOS eventually refunded the overcharge to my bank account via PayPal. (All transactions with ZOS are effected via PayPal and there has never been a problem attributed to making payments via PayPal.)

By the way, the instructions to which you referred me begin with "Try clearing the cache and cookies." Which cache is "the cache"? There are several data caches located throughout my computer system.

As to deleting all of the cookies, the ZOS website will not work without them.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi