Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PS4] Zone Chat still got auto-join?

terry2040
terry2040
✭✭✭
From the patch note last night it seems this should be fixed? But I still got auto-join into zone chat after character load.

So, to reproduce: start app, login, load character, leave zone chat, logout, close app, restart app, login, load the same character - > still in zone chat.

Is this the desired behavior described by the patch note? If not, Pls fix.
Voice Chat
You will no longer automatically start transmitting in Area channels unless you choose to, and the enable/disable microphone button will now accurately represent its setting

Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 29, 2021 6:01PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here, I'm assuming that some are happy in the area voice chat, but some are chatting to people not in the game and i am not convinced that they know that.

Please revert to not joining area chat at all unless you actively choose to, not the new intended behaviour of muted mic. It is actively anti-social rather than encouraging the social aspect.
    Soupy twist
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if some of them are on PS5 with their mics still set on the default 'on' setting and they probably don't even realize it.
    I haven't been seeing the bugged voice chat weirdness but I have been hearing quite a few that seem not to realize they're broadcasting their screaming baby to everyone in game. So this could indeed be the cause.
    Edited by cynicalbutterfly on August 1, 2021 10:50PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    to add to this - a feature request (or reversion of the existing function)

It is really irritating when grouping up or joining a group to now need to go into the group to enable the mic. The amount of times people tell me they are chatting on mute, or I have to go out of my guild list grabbing people for a trial and have to go into the group chat to enable the mic so that I do not seem rude or ignoring people.

Please don't add to area chat by default, and enable the mic again by default when going into group chats

thank you!
    Soupy twist