Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Game causing PC to freeze up

lion9225nub18_ESO
So every time I try to go past the entrance inside Ragnthar dwarf dung. Part of the fighters guild quest (Proving the Dead), the game and my PC completely freeze up leaving me with only one option. Press the power button on my PC.

I cannot continue and I attempted to search this issue.

I tested other characters in other dungeons and had 0 issue, I have an i9 9900 relatively new PC and I am having no other issues anywhere else, not in ESO or any other application.

Thanks for the fast response and hopefully fix for this weird but very annoying problem.
  • lion9225nub18_ESO
    I found out what was causing it, I do not understand it but I found that when I looked at the book case to my right at any point of entering Ragnthar I would immediately freeze, the game and my PC.

Last time I just ran in straight ahead and was able to complete the quest
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @lion9225nub18_ESO

Since the freezing only happens when looking at a specific location, it could indicate corrupted game files. Please try running a repair through the launcher to help with this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post