The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PS5 Enhanced Performance mode totally broken

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
I mean... it's slick, it looks great when working... but... it's broken as heck.

The game crashes already (no matter what mode) like 5 times per hour when you hit load screens... but beyond that, the combat text is left of everything and not aligned... and even in things like excavating the HUD is all shifted to the left and looks like the game is still in BETA.... nay... maybe even ALPHA...

I mean... this is horrible for an upgrade that was so well advertized and published. Any idea on when this will all be fixed?? It basically makes the mode completely redundant.
  • Muffinman
    Muffinman
    ✭✭✭
    I've had one crash in 20 hours of playing the enhanced edition on performance mode. Only thing I've noticed if the combat text is off
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muffinman wrote: »
    I've had one crash in 20 hours of playing the enhanced edition on performance mode. Only thing I've noticed if the combat text is off

Go excavate something... that's where the HUD UI is clear that anything like that is completely off centre in Performance mode.

Have to say... Performance mode does reduce the amount of load screen crashes...

Like I said... you have to choose modes:

"Crash Consistently" or "Janky HUD"....

Those are what the two modes should ACTUALLY be named... lol
  • H3rBie
    H3rBie
    ✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    I mean... it's slick, it looks great when working... but... it's broken as heck.

The game crashes already (no matter what mode) like 5 times per hour when you hit load screens... but beyond that, the combat text is left of everything and not aligned... and even in things like excavating the HUD is all shifted to the left and looks like the game is still in BETA.... nay... maybe even ALPHA...

I mean... this is horrible for an upgrade that was so well advertized and published. Any idea on when this will all be fixed?? It basically makes the mode completely redundant.

On my end it works really good in performance mode, I think I didn't have more than one crash since I have installed the enhanced version. HDR on TV is disabled.

the issue with combat text/dmg numbers beeing left and not directly above the target is something that is here for a long time, for me it was the same on ps4 pro when playing in 4k resolution. However there it didn't matter since almost noone played in 4k because of the performance (at least I didn't). hopefully they get a fix for it soon.
    Edited by H3rBie on June 21, 2021 8:51AM
  • Muffinman
    Muffinman
    ✭✭✭
    Just found an area that causes a crash 100% of the time. When I go into the iron wheel headquarters it crashes within 30 seconds. And when the game restarts, I'm in the area that causes the crash so I can't login....
  • Muffinman
    Muffinman
    ✭✭✭
    Even tried quality mode. Same issue
  • johnjmcmullenb14a_ESO
    I have 1/9 characters that I am actually not able to log into without crashing … every single time I try. I can’t log in on that character now.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we help these good people out?? And any time frame on a fix for the off center UI/HUD?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have recieved multiple reports of crashes on the PS5 since the console enhancement patch. As there are now multiple threads reporting these crashes we've decided to close this thread. You can still continue discussion and find troubleshooting in the thread linked below.

Game keeps hard crashing on PS5
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.