The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PS5 crashing in City of Ash II

AstralNavigator
AstralNavigator
Soul Shriven
On the PS5 console enhanced version of the game, after heading into the Deadlands portal near the beginning of City of Ash II, the game crashes every single time between that point and the Urata the Legion boss. I've had this happen several times since swapping to the console enhanced version, tested it. I've tried all the recommended Playstation support fixes already and none of them have helped. Anyone else have this happen?
  • AstralNavigator
    AstralNavigator
    Soul Shriven
    I should add that a friend also playing on the same version of the game can replicate the freeze/crash as well.
  • Nassious
    Nassious
    Soul Shriven
    Yeap, I can confirm the exact same issue on PS5 CE. Tried switching between fidelity/performance, different POVs, nothing works. Even if after crashing I relogin and rejoin the dungeon group, as soon as I'm in it crashes after less than 10 seconds.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's likely because that puts you in a load screen... and load screens on PS5 Enhanced are almost a death sentence.
  • AstralNavigator
    AstralNavigator
    Soul Shriven
    Rittings wrote: »
    It's likely because that puts you in a load screen... and load screens on PS5 Enhanced are almost a death sentence.

This doesn't happen anywhere else for us, only in City of Ash II.
  • ViolentMellow
    ViolentMellow
    Soul Shriven
    Any traction on this? Very few people seem to be bringing it up. I know I have one friend who had to put in a ticket to get his character fixed over this. My experience is it will hard lock on entering the arena for the second boss like clockwork. Not the city. Actual clockwork.
  • AstralNavigator
    AstralNavigator
    Soul Shriven
    Any traction on this? Very few people seem to be bringing it up. I know I have one friend who had to put in a ticket to get his character fixed over this. My experience is it will hard lock on entering the arena for the second boss like clockwork. Not the city. Actual clockwork.

That's exactly where it happened to me the first time, and then every time after happened right at the first add pull upon entering the Deadlands, when the dremora come down the stairs.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have recieved multiple reports of crashes on the PS5 since the console enhancement patch. As there are now multiple threads reporting these crashes we've decided to close this thread. You can still continue discussion and find troubleshooting in the thread linked below.

Game keeps hard crashing on PS5
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.