Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My retinas are burning !

Fallenlords
Fallenlords
✭✭
Been away from the game a while. So was excited to return to see the new Series X update ... Hmm, what has been done then? A few god rays ... messed with the colour/brightness ... A bit underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong it looked alright before on the Xbox One X/Series X. I don't know what I was expecting to be honest. But I was expecting more, or at least more options to tweak.

Also my retinas are burning ... red is just so bright it is killing my eyes. Not helped by the fact my toon wears red armour, has red hair and a red patriarch beard. Tried tweaking the HDR brightness settings in-game etc, no difference to the colour. So is this being addressed? Because I can't play game like this and I not messing with TV settings just for one game. TV has a HDR Game mode set - everything else looking great except for ESO burning my retinas out.

Also what has happened to my controller sensitivity it just feels wrong? Can't find a setting to adjust the sensitivity in the game and I can not be bothered to setup controller profiles and all that for individual games.

So with the red burning retinas out and the controller acting as though it all of sudden has become hypersensitive. Played for half hour and called it a day. I take patches are incoming :)
  • BearCubInSky
    BearCubInSky
    ✭✭
    HDR is broken. Turn it off and set Brightness just over 50%. SDR and HDR modes have been broken for 4 years now.
  • Fallenlords
    Fallenlords
    ✭✭
    HDR is broken. Turn it off and set Brightness just over 50%. SDR and HDR modes have been broken for 4 years now.

Yeah you could normally get around the HDR being screwed up, by a console reboot prior to launching the game. But that seems to have no impact this time.

I take it there is no option to disable HDR within ESO and I will have to switch it off on the console? Well that is going to be a pain in ass.

The game seems to get worse rather than better. Before I had a break the selling to merchants was all snafu. I was expecting with the new Series X enhancement to be blown away not experience major issues.
  • Fallenlords
    Fallenlords
    ✭✭
    Well for a start - forums are totally screwed ... blank page, unless you go to the Inspector and disable style-compat.css ... been like this for days now, nobody noticed? What is going on with ESO ... have they just given up or something?

Anyway - ESO is switching my TV from 'Game mode' to 'Movie Mode' on launch. Hence why the red colour is so bright it burns your eyes out. I have a temporary workaround, which is to manually switch from Movie HDR mode to Game HDR mode every time once ESO has launched on the TV remote control.

Only experiencing this problem in ESO which would lead me to believe what BearCubInSky has been saying all along that HDR is not implemented correctly in ESO or something. If it was a general Xbox Series X issue it would be happening on more than one game. If it was a TV issue it would also be happening on more than one game.
  • BearCubInSky
    BearCubInSky
    ✭✭
    Well for a start - forums are totally screwed ... blank page, unless you go to the Inspector and disable style-compat.css ... been like this for days now, nobody noticed? What is going on with ESO ... have they just given up or something?

Anyway - ESO is switching my TV from 'Game mode' to 'Movie Mode' on launch. Hence why the red colour is so bright it burns your eyes out. I have a temporary workaround, which is to manually switch from Movie HDR mode to Game HDR mode every time once ESO has launched on the TV remote control.

Only experiencing this problem in ESO which would lead me to believe what BearCubInSky has been saying all along that HDR is not implemented correctly in ESO or something. If it was a general Xbox Series X issue it would be happening on more than one game. If it was a TV issue it would also be happening on more than one game.

Yup. It's broken. It will never be fixed. I've complained all over twitter and resetera and NeoGAF and and emailed with customer support. At this point I want a refund for every dollar I've given to this game. They will not address the issue for some stupid reason.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As an update, we wanted to let you know that we are aware of this brightness issue on Xbox and we are working on a fix. With another thread already open on this topic we are closing this thread. You can continue discussion in the thread below.

Xbox Console Enhanced Brightness Resetting
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.