The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Xbox Console Enhanced Brightness Resetting

• camarillagreb17_ESO
    camarillagreb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Let me also add that I suffer from the same issue on my Xbox series S.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    I've gone through all the steps support say to do... no fix
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here. Performance mode, NA
  • Balraw
    Balraw
    ✭✭
    Just adding my voice to this issue too.

Started on last patch Xbox Series S, performance mode and EU server.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_RyanM - can you give us any sort of information on this issue?
  • BearCubInSky
    BearCubInSky
    ✭✭
    Fix HDR too.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Thanks so much for all of your reports everyone. We wanted to let you know that we are aware of this brightness issue on Xbox and we are working on a fix.

Thank you for your patience and we will let you know when a new update is available!
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    Are you guys that are having the issue playing the disk version or downloaded version of the game?

I did submit another ticket, it sounds like I submitted a "feedback" ticket instead of a "support" ticket.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    I am playing the downloaded version.
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    I am playing the downloaded version.

Dang, I was hoping on was on to something here...lol
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    Oh and @ZOS_Adrikoth, thank you for letting us know that this is being looked into!!
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Yes thank you @ZOS_Adrikoth for taking the opportunity to chime in. Out of curiosity, is there any sort of "threshold" that a bug report thread needs to meet before it's acknowledged or looked into?
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    Soooo I had created another ticket on this issue (this was before I knew they were looking into this) and I'm not sure they even read my ticket?
    My Message:
    When logging into ESO the brightness setting is not saving.
    - Go into "Options" / "Video" / "Adjust Brightness" move the slider over to the right then resume playing the game.
    - Logout and/or dashboard close the game, go back into "Options" / "Video" / "Adjust Brightness" will have moved all the way over to the left.

When the slider is all the way over to the left it makes the game too dark to see anything, and I have check all my settings on my 4K UHD TV and in Xbox.

I had already submitted a ticket #210623-004142 and 210709-001977, and have completed the following tasks, but the ticket closed before I was able to respond with the update:
    - Restarted the game -> Brightness just goes back to the “Dark Side” (duh duh duh DUN DA DUN, DUN DA DUN)
    - Power Cycle the Console -> Same results
    - Check TV’s video settings -> Same results; tried all modes listed in the TV settings (Went back to game mode on the TV, it looks better)
    - Check Xbox settings for 4K -> Didn’t really find anything there that I can change
    - Uninstall and reinstall the game -> Did that, same results

One thing I want to add here, I am wondering if this only effecting people that have the disk version of the game? I have asked this, but no one has really responded to that question in the forums.

BackwardsCompat = No
    xboxgamertag = MoMo Blend
    <
    KEYWORD HERE BEING XBOX

And this what I got back...
    Greetings,
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.
    If you are experiencing issues on your console, please try the following troubleshooting to see if it resolves the issue:
    PlayStation:
    Power Cycling:
    Completely turn off the PlayStation by holding the power button.
    Wait for the power light to stop flashing, then remove the power cable and leave the system for 20 minutes.
    Reconnect and attempt to launch in Safe Mode.
    Clearing Save Data:
    Deleting your Elder Scrolls Online saved data file can resolve some errors on console. Please be aware that deleting the save data will only reset your Options settings, and that no character data or game progress will be affected.
    Go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings.
    Select Saved Data.
    Select Console Storage > Delete.
    Check the box next to The Elder Scrolls Online.
    Select Delete and then select OK to confirm.
    Uninstall and Re-install the Game:
    The easiest method to delete a game is to scroll over it on the PS5 User Interface, press the Options Button and click Delete.
    If you continue to experience performance issues, you should contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.
    Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Best regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Did not realize Sony was doing support for Xbox console now? lol
  • BearCubInSky
    BearCubInSky
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much for all of your reports everyone. We wanted to let you know that we are aware of this brightness issue on Xbox and we are working on a fix.

Thank you for your patience and we will let you know when a new update is available!

What about HDR? No one will respond when it comes to this issue.

Edit: Why did you close the thread about HDR issues? That thread wasn't about brightness.
    Edited by BearCubInSky on July 16, 2021 7:51PM
  • frosty_117360
    frosty_117360
    ✭✭
    I can not believe that we finally got a patch and this was still not even addressed. Kinda feels like we're just getting full on neglected.
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    The last support email I got said that they are aware of the issue, and will post when they come up with a solution. No I'm wishing they would at least give us some insight as to when they think they will have it resolved.
  • BearCubInSky
    BearCubInSky
    ✭✭
    I can not believe that we finally got a patch and this was still not even addressed. Kinda feels like we're just getting full on neglected.

They still haven't fixed HDR. It's been 4 years.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got the Xbox Series S and my brightness also is reset every time I log into ESO.
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Just got the Xbox Series S and my brightness also is reset every time I log into ESO.

The last thing that I heard on this was they were trying to come up with a fix. Not sure why it is taking so long, but then again I am not a game designer / developer so it "seems" like an easy fix to me. :)
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoMo_Blend wrote: »
    Karivaa wrote: »

The last thing that I heard on this was they were trying to come up with a fix. Not sure why it is taking so long, but then again I am not a game designer / developer so it "seems" like an easy fix to me. :)
    Thanks! It isn’t a huge deal for me, mainly just annoying.
  • frosty_117360
    frosty_117360
    ✭✭
    Just going to point out, again, that another major update has just been released without addressing this or the "automatically in zone voice chat" bug.

I'm starting to feel like us console players don't even exist here. Are these bug reports just getting thrown straight into the proverbial trash?
  • northwest01
    northwest01
    ✭✭
    So now, Not only do I need to reset my Brightness and HDR brightness every time I log in, I now also need to change the HDR mode because it also resets. 10/10
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    In today's Update 31 a new HDR mode was added. This can find under the Video Options panel where it can be enabled.

Does having this new option for HDR enabled help with the issue?

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • D14_Diabolos
    D14_Diabolos
    ✭✭✭
    Having new option for HDR Mode did not help.

None of these three settings stay after closing the game: Brightness, HDR Brightness and HDR mode. These always revert back to Brightness ~35%, HDR Brightness 50% and HDR Mode to hue preserving.

Every time I start the game again, I need to turn Brightness up, HDR Brightness down and HDR Mode to vibrant (my preference).
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    I concur that all three of these options need to keep getting reset every time the game loads. The issue hasn't been fixed, it's just been made two times worse.
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. On both our Series X and Series S, every time we start the game we have to reset Brightness and HDR Brightness, and it resets to Default even if we change it to Vibrant HDR.
  • mcinturf
    mcinturf
    ✭✭
    Yep, series x digital. Same. All three settings revert. ALSO HDR slider makes no sense
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    In today's Update 31 a new HDR mode was added. This can find under the Video Options panel where it can be enabled.

I do not on the Series X since the recent patch. Been checking every time I log into game and my settings are retaining. I did do a delete saved data after downloading the new patch (as I always do with with every patch), not sure if this is why I do not see the issue everyone else is.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    Still not fixed after yesterday's patch
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

The HDR brightness no longer resets for me, but the mode keeps switching from 'Vibrant' to 'Normal' each boot.

Which makes it just as annoying... although not quite as annoying as having to keep switching off the game chat because I don't want to have to listen to some oblivious ***-end clearing their sinuses while I'm gaming..