Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Got scammed for 5m gold, still no response for my ticket.

Talene
Talene
Soul Shriven
Ticket # : 210524-002430
Edited by Talene on June 5, 2021 8:19PM
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of the time when people think their ticket got lost with no response, it's because they failed to reply to the automated email they send out when you submit the ticket initially. You should have received an email by some Support robot that gives you the most basic (and often not-pertinent-at-all) info "in order to help you address your problem" or whatever on your own; and at the bottom of said email it says you need to reply to continue on with Support or they'll consider your issue closed if they don't hear from you within 96 hours.

Did you get that initial acknowledgement email? (Check Spam folder, etc.?) Did you reply to said email?

If you already know and have been through all that, and truly feel that your issue fell through the cracks, @ ZOS_BillE or @ ZOS_Adrikoth are some of the friendly forum folks who I've seen check that tickets are in the system properly for people. Just remove the space between the @ symbol and their names (exactly as typed) to tag them in this thread if you think it necessary. (I didn't wanna tag them if it was something that could be handled on your end first.)

I'm just some random goober on the internet, so I have no power to help beyond this friendly advice. :P
    Many had the same confusion in our first dealings with Support, so no worries!

I hope somehow this can be made right for you. Or at the very least that the individual who ripped you off can be reported to help reduce the risk to others in the future! Good luck! :)
    Edited by GreenHere on May 30, 2021 10:27AM
  • Talene
    Talene
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, I did get the acknowledgement mail and replied to it. my ticket status is "Waiting on agent"
    It has been a week already so I'm just wondering how long do i need to wait for a response?

thank you for the reply!
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Talene wrote: »
    Yes, I did get the acknowledgement mail and replied to it. my ticket status is "Waiting on agent"
    It has been a week already so I'm just wondering how long do i need to wait for a response?

thank you for the reply!

I'm not up-to-date on what wait times typically are these days, but a week seems excessive. I'd tag someone after 96 hours, personally. Doesn't hurt to at least make sure you're properly in the queue, right?

Invoke their unhallowed names and summon the Support Lords!
    giphy.gif
  • Talene
    Talene
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah you probably right that would be nice to know
    @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_Adrikoth
    Can you check my ticket please? the # is 210524-002430

Thank you for your time!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talene wrote: »
    First time i ever got scammed in the game.. it was a crown scam... I didn't log in since because I'm depressed
    honestly i dont know what to do i feel very stupid and ashamed i cant even launch the game anymore...

all i have is the scammer user ID and i did report him in-game the day it happened but still no respond from support week later..
    i don't have screenshots or videos of the chat because i didnt know they are needed i never got scammed before i bought crowns multiple times..

can someone please help.

Hey, try not to feel bad and don't give up. You did nothing wrong and have nothing to be ashamed of. StabbityDoom on Twitch has on her discord a way of safely trading gold for crowns so check that out. It sucks but you'll make the gold back. The person who did this to you is a weasel.
    I got scammed in real life, I worked for someone for seven weeks with promises of pay but never saw a dime. These people suck but you can't let them take away the pleasure you have in something that you enjoy ordinarily. Just learn from it and move on.
  • Talene
    Talene
    Soul Shriven
    I appreciate your words, i know its just a game and all that... just wish i was more careful, i wonder how long will it take me to make it back
    Edited by Talene on May 30, 2021 2:15PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch, that's a big scam.

What were you trading 5 mill for? A big house I assume.

I support find the ticket, return the gold and hit the scammer with the Mjolnir of ban hammers
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Talene
    Talene
    Soul Shriven
    The deal was 5m gold for 12k crowns i was going to buy zone/dungeon DLC's with them
    even if i won't get my gold back, i really do hope they ban the guy and all accounts associated with it because i bet he was using a dummy account for scams and it wasn't he's first time.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5m gold for 12k crowns??

What platform are you on that they cost that much?

12k crowns would cost 1.2 mil on Xbox EU.
  • Talene
    Talene
    Soul Shriven
    PC EU.
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got scammed too a while back, support did nothing for me .. not much you can do against the machine when the machine doesn't reply to you.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Talene

Thank you for including the ticket number. We've sent you a forum PM with details on your ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Talene
    Talene
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_BillE
    Can i get an update on my ticket please? # is: 210524-002430
    support sent me this 5 days ago:
    Greetings,

Thank you for your patience during the investigation process.

Typically, we are unable to provide compensation as a result of a scam that occurred in-game.

Please be aware that the player market in The Elder Scrolls Online is a "buyer beware" market, and not every trader is trustworthy. If you do fall for such a scam again, we will not be able to refund you a second time.

Scamming is a violation of the Terms of Service, and we treat any reports of scamming very seriously. To protect individual privacy, we do not disclose the outcome of our investigations.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

I did not receive any refund or any reply since then.
    Edited by Talene on June 5, 2021 8:20PM
  • udaba
    udaba
    ✭✭✭
    still nothing ?
    PC/EU 1600 CP+
  • GoingUpInFlamez
    Hey, @ZOS_BillE

Could I get an update on my ticket please. Ticket # : 210605-005476
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey, @ZOS_BillE

Could I get an update on my ticket please. Ticket # : 210605-005476

Hey @GoingUpInFlamez , welcome to the forum! :)

Just as a friendly FYI - what your comment there is doing is often referred to as hijacking someone else's thread, and while it might not be against the rules it is generally seen as thoroughly uncool.

Especially in a specific person's specific problem support thread like this, it's best to just make your own post requesting help so that you're not trampling on other folk's issues or anything. You can make your own by clicking the "NEW DISCUSSION" button near the top of any subforum's page. The General Help section seems appropriate, so here's a link to that for you.

It seems likely that your issue might not receive any attention here in this thread, so I encourage you to go ahead and try making your own thread now! Your post is otherwise good since it tags a mod and already includes the ticket number, so keep it more or less the same. Good luck with your issue! :)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Talene

We do not have any updates to provide on your ticket at this time.
    Staff Post
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve never been reimbursed and I’ve lost millions.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @xv1_me

Do you have a support ticket number we can check on?
    Staff Post
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @xv1_me

Do you have a support ticket number we can check on?

Should be in your system.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @xv1_me

I've sent you a private message to assist with finding the ticket number.
    Staff Post
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should we get a reimbursment?

I was informed I should just ignore the person who scammed me.

Edit: IMO customer support should aim to be more consistent in their dealings with people. It would seem that people that many people are just put off by multiple messages just to "read the reply", and their issues never actually dealt with until that person just gives up at the futility of actually getting a reply that seems like someone actually read their responses!

Edited by Maythor on June 21, 2021 4:25PM