The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

You are amazing balance team! shadowstrike cp passive is awesome!

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
The new blade of woe cp passive shadowstrike (costs 75 and is slottable) is amazing. For us role players, we can finally kill more than one enemy without being detected. we can finally do actual assassination on delves.
From killing 3 enemy's, granted the 3rd one might jump and do aoe , to being able to be a better thief , this passive point is amazing.
And with this, i'm here begging , please don't remove this shadowstrike cp passive... if you do need to, please add it to the dark brotherhood skill line. We roleplayers need this cp passive it is amazing and helps us feel complete. it's just sad that it requires so much points and is so far away from some other really good passives.

With that being said, i'm sorry but id like to suggest here, if the Vampire passive Dark Stalker could be slightly changed.
currently it does "Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak. Decreases the time it takes to enter Sneak by 50%" it would be amazing if the first point just removed 50% of the stealth movement speed penalty, and the second fully ignored the movement speed. Some of us don't like losing fully the stealth walking animation.

with this being said , i can't stop but thank you zos for this amazing cp passive. and i can't wait to buy dark brotherhood dlc and any future stealth dlc's
Edited by francesinhalover on May 20, 2021 10:32PM
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be the contrarian here for saying this, but I think the old one that gave invisibility on killing with heavy attacks was better for PvE and PvP.

But it's great someone liked that functionality vanishing from the old CP system.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be the contrarian here for saying this, but I think the old one that gave invisibility on killing with heavy attacks was better for PvE and PvP.

But it's great someone liked that functionality vanishing from the old CP system.

didn't know that existed in the past, but it looks op tbh if you could use it on pvp , especially with a vampire ,:D personaly i'm insannely happy it was reworked then

id be happier if both existed
    Edited by francesinhalover on May 21, 2021 4:34PM
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has nothing to do with balance. I can say its quite opposite. Before you could kill one npc with chance to being detected. Now you can kill multiple.

Now i am thinking, was your post sarcastic? Blade of woe killing mechanic was changed but its nowhere near balanced.

Its like saying madieval battles were balanced by adding guns
    Edited by Anyron on May 21, 2021 12:13PM
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you've gone and done it. You like what they did and you made it useful and fun. Incoming nerf coming! :)
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Now you've gone and done it. You like what they did and you made it useful and fun. Incoming nerf coming! :)
    hope they wait until i finish the story modes :) ill quit once they remove it , but i'm enjoying being a assassin so much
    delves are so much fun now, and open world content too! but yeah ill be honest just killing enemies with a aoe is 4x faster... especialy if you stealth without a vampire :)
    Edited by francesinhalover on May 21, 2021 4:33PM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with balance. I can say its quite opposite. Before you could kill one npc with chance to being detected. Now you can kill multiple.

Now i am thinking, was your post sarcastic? Blade of woe killing mechanic was changed but its nowhere near balanced.

why would it be sarcastic and how is it op? You can legit kill those npcs with 2 rapid strikes a lot faster.
    omg stabbing 3 random weak npcs is so op.
    doesn't help that pickpocketing isn't even that lucrative even with cp focused on it. compared to just harvesting.
    not everyone is a bad person, i'm legit thanking them , they did a good job making the game fun.
    And i hope the balance team reads my post and feels good about themselves.
    It sucks that you need to be like 600 cp to use however :/ i wish new players could enjoy this amazing passive more easily.
    Edited by francesinhalover on May 21, 2021 4:37PM
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sucks that you need to be like 600 cp to use however :/
    It sucks when you have 1400+ CP you've got for 4 years but your combat bonuses are worse than at 810 CP because of dying server.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why would it be sarcastic and how is it op?

Im guessing that a lot of people will think that your post is meant rather sarcastic, because a lot of players have different opinions on:
    not everyone is a bad person, i'm legit thanking them , they did a good job making the game fun.

especially regarding PvP balancing, because the balancing team really is not always doing a great job when it comes to actually properly balancing stuff in PvP.

Edited by Jierdanit on May 27, 2021 9:33AM
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ekzorka wrote: »
    It sucks that you need to be like 600 cp to use however :/
    It sucks when you have 1400+ CP you've got for 4 years but your combat bonuses are worse than at 810 CP because of dying server.

If the server was dying i doubt they would push crp from 800 to 2000 something to scare new players.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    why would it be sarcastic and how is it op?

Im guessing that a lot of people will think that your post is meant rather sarcastic, because a lot of players have different opinions on:

especially regarding PvP balancing, because the balancing team really is not always doing a great job when it comes to actually properly balancing stuff in PvP.

I have seen new stealth kill animations show up for vamp and blade of woe after weeks of using them.
    that means the whole stealth kill animation system is glitched or it's my acc not sure.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

why would it be sarcastic and how is it op? You can legit kill those npcs with 2 rapid strikes a lot faster.
    doesn't help that pickpocketing isn't even that lucrative even with cp focused on it. compared to just harvesting.
    It sucks that you need to be like 600 cp to use however :/ i wish new players could enjoy this amazing passive more easily.

Congratulations, now you can kill more trivial npcs for half experience. Gaining the experience using that method the CP ability only costs 150 points.👍
    Edited by Everstorm on May 28, 2021 4:19AM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »

Congratulations, now you can kill more trivial npcs for half experience. Gaining the experience using that method the CP ability only costs 150 points.👍

lmao because a small number of npcs matters a lot expecialy when the game is full of non human npcs.
    i wish i could also stealth kill the monsters, for no xp , i dont care. it's annoying having to spam abilities constantly on npcs when i can just go stealth.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lmao because a small number of npcs matters a lot expecialy when the game is full of non human npcs.
    i wish i could also stealth kill the monsters, for no xp , i dont care. it's annoying having to spam abilities constantly on npcs when i can just go stealth.

Boost your weapon damage a bit and you can one shot any standard mob with a regular single damage attack from stealth.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Boost your weapon damage a bit and you can one shot any standard mob with a regular single damage attack from stealth.

wut how? i clearly cant, i'm using vamp passive atm, but even then it's pretty rng

im stam sorce not nightblade
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't play my stamsorc very often but I'm sure it can be done.
    Anyway, I'm not trying to get you down. If you enjoy the a ability good for you. I think it's way, way, way too expensive for what it does.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's way, way, way too expensive for what it does.

100% agree , it should be available to lower cp players that want to roleplay, i think it just isn't that good to be 75, if you could stealth kill while invisible i wouldnt complain however

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wut how? i clearly cant, i'm using vamp passive atm, but even then it's pretty rng

im stam sorce not nightblade

I don't even need stealth I just straight up one shot everything. Stam Sorc has Crystal Weapon you can mix with Imbue Weapon + the sneak attack bonus. Melee sneak attacks are stronger than ranged, but you'll still one shot with the Ranged one if you have at least 2 complete sets. I'd recommend building into more weapon damage and max stamina if I were you.

Edit: Can also Dizzy Swing or Snipe from stealth to. With the new patch magic attacks can also sneak attack so if you want to be a real vampire and switch to a mag build you can one shot with Arterial Burst/Blood for Blood.
    Edited by Vevvev on June 1, 2021 6:20PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe RP gameplay and serious Pve/PvP gameplay will never align. Thus opinions will be coming from completely different perspectives.
    PC-NA
  • VampReworkFailed
    VampReworkFailed
    ✭✭✭

At that point why not be a vampire and just run past every NPC encounter?
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At that point why not be a vampire and just run past every NPC encounter?

Oh, because vampire passives i guess :( or i might not feel like roleplaying vampire.

:)