The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection

Upper_Parket
Upper_Parket
Soul Shriven
Hello.

Since last week I started getting quite usual disconnects. I haven't had any before that.
At some point, everything in the game just stops and then I get that "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection" message. When I try to log in again, I get Error 200.

Restarting router solves error 200 problem, but it doesn't fix disconnect from the server. Disconnects keep happening.
My wife plays eso as well, and she plays from the same router. We disconnect simoultaneously.

As I stated above, I tried restarting the router, it doesn't help the disconnects. Restarting the PC does the same, it only helps to log in.
I tried deleting ProgramData from the game folder, it does not help either.
Looking for a problem on my PC does not make any sense, because the disconnects happen on 2 computers with internet being fine. If we are in a voice chat in discord, it is only the game that is disconnecting, discord does not lose connection. Everything else if working. I tried youtube, ookla and other sites.

I play on non-steam windows client (100mbs), via Ethernet, Windows is updated, ESO is updated, ports are open.
My wife plays on steam mac client via WIFI, macos and eso client are both updated.

What might be the cause? These disconnects happen quite frequently, so the game becomes barely enjoyable. Since the disconnects started to happen on both computers, it might be the router or something on the provider's side.
If it might be my home internet, what could I do with it to fix the disconnects? If I need to call provider support, what terminology should I use?

I need help :)
Thanks in advance :)

P.S. (this might be completely wrong) My IP is dynamic, and I've heard people might have problems when the change happens. But I don't think that can happen each 30-60 minutes, doesn't it?