Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Strange ESC key behavior

Duplomancer
Duplomancer
✭✭✭
Hi,

I have been getting this weird behavior with the ESC key. This only seems to be happening in ESO, and started happening after yesterday's patch. I have had this happen a while ago, but it stopped, and since reappeared.

If I am in any menu, then hit the ESC key, it closes the menu and re-opens it immediately. So I have to kind of spam the key to get the menu to close. Add to frustration that this is intermittent, as sometimes it does not happen at all.

Anyone else have this happen or am I just going crazy?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Duplomancer

Resetting the keybindings may help get the ESC key to work correctly. To restore your keybindings to the default settings, follow the steps below:
    • Press [Esc] on your keyboard.
    • Click Controls in the menu that appears on the lefthand side of the screen.
    • Click Load Defaults or press R on your keyboard.

If you have trouble completing this step, or if this did not fix your issue, please run a repair on your game files before attempting the game again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Duplomancer
    Duplomancer
    ✭✭✭
    Repair seems to have done the trick. I keep forgetting that exists. Thanks!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate the update. Now that the key issue is resolved, we are going to close the thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.