The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

whats your opinion about the streammer that say using leeching is for noobs players?

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful about naming streamers. People often misinterpret what the streamer says. Naming them in a witch hunting thread will just get you censored.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 13, 2021 3:29PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • superryan94
    superryan94
    ✭✭✭
    MalEducado wrote: »
    and tell me if its help to elders commutiny to judge ppl by their sets or call noobs , on yt videos if you are using some sets...
    do you think that using some sets means you are noob , even if you complete all content with those sets?

note: i will not post the name of the youtuber but he is a teacher tank in twitch and yt...

"Leeching plate is thus ideal for those who are still learning their role, or don't have enough time to develop your role to advanced.
    However, when you are advancing you are expected to rely on your healer making the need for such set low to 0."

There is never a mention that you are a noob if you use leeching, just a mention in what situation it is useful, and when it is no longer needed to be used.

I advise you to watch again, but this time with more care to what exactly is being said.
    Edited by superryan94 on May 13, 2021 3:34PM
  • superryan94
    superryan94
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Be careful about naming streamers. People often misinterpret what the streamer says. Naming them will just get you censored.

Nope, this specific streamer doesn't mind you mentioning them. It's free advertisement for them after all.
  • hamsterontherocksb16_ESO
    Avoranti wrote: »
    tonyblack wrote: »
    It’s selfish tank set that brings nothing to your group, maybe not totally useless in some niche situations but why run it instead of buff set like Yolnahkriin or powerful assault for example? That is of course unless we talk about content where performance doesn’t matter and you can run whatever you want, but it does make you group weaker anyway.

nukk3r wrote: »
    It’s selfish tank set that brings nothing to your group, maybe not totally useless in some niche situations but why run it instead of buff set like Yolnahkriin or powerful assault for example? That is of course unless we talk about content where performance doesn’t matter and you can run whatever you want, but it does make you group weaker anyway.

Weaker compared to what, high-end score pushers? You don't need half of their fine tuning for the larger part of the game, vet DLC dungeons included. The problem is that mid-tier players try to mimic the setups of the better groups while being miles behind them in terms of performance. This "have set X or don't even try" mindset turns people away. If DDs can pull their own weight and play the mechanics, a selfish tank setup won't really hurt the group.

But in that case the suboptimal build of a tank makes it more important for dd/healer run optimal (meta) build for their roles. If every group member would have the same mentality of “play any sets you want no matter the performance”, than they wont clear anything harder than base game vet dungeon and in much longer time than it would take players who use decent builds.
    Leeching is indeed for beginner tanks. Its a crutch and absolutely not viable in endgame. The heal is laughable in harder content and you cost your group a good support set. You could use Yolna, Galanwe, or a variety of other sets instead.

Why do you need a set that constanly heals you but gives the group nothing? Because you would not survive otherwise?
    If you can survive without it dont be selfish and use a useful group set. If you need it to survive it makes you a beginner because good tanks will be able to survive most content on their own or with limited support from a healer.

Also, waht do you mean "complete all content"? Any self respecting guild will kick you if you go into vSS, vCR, vAS or any other vDLC Trial with Leeching. It might be okay-ish for some vet dungeons but if I saw a tank with leeching in vDLC dungeons I would most likely leave because I would have no faith in his tanking abilities.

Experienced tank here, primary role of a tank is to maintain taunts/aggo of the big stuff, pull in as much of the small things as possible and survive. Secondary is to buff/debuff. But all the group buffs in the game don’t mean anything if the tank is dead. Leeching can absolutely be viable in all content. 95% of end game are mechanics. But, as someone once said to me, build for the content you’re playing.

Say what you will, but two of the best builds in game for tank uses Leaching. Highest dps check in game is what, 25k- maybe 30? Let the tank TANK and follow mechanics.

Please show me some logs where you are doing vet HM content and use leeching. Please show me some logs of vet HM content where any tank uses leeching. Please show me those "two best builds in game for tank" where leeching is used. I remember seeing some "unkillable" tank build that showcased a tank not dying to the vHRC trash pull - which is impressive but utterly useless once you go past the trash and actually do a boss.
    You are absolutely right about the tank job priorities! And you are absolutly right about tank being dead. But in endgame content (again, I´m talking about vet DLC HM here!) leeching is absolutely pointless since everything hits so hard that the heal is neglectible. In endgame you are either good enough to sustain and heal yourself or you got a healer. Leeching wont help you vs. Falgravn. Leeching wont keep you alive in vAS+2 (or +0 for that matter). Leeching wont outheal a dragon breath. In endgame content you already know how to heal yourself.
    Leeching can be viable in all content. It can be used everywhere. But there are so many far superior sets. You will help your group more with Worm to help their (and your) sustain. ANd if you cannot survive with that 2k health per second then you are simply not ready for the content you play.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all the folks going "Leeching is used by beginner and inexperienced tanks" it's also used by experienced tanks who PUG dungeons. It helps make up for the randomness of PUG teams where group support is often wasted while a bit of survivability and damage helps the tank more if they get stuck with terrible DDs.

"Oh, but real experienced tanks don't PUG dungeons. They have their list of friends with good DPS and solid healers ready to run with them in premade groups!"

Yeah. Many don't PUG. And we wonder why there's a tank shortage in Groupfinder...

Leeching is a fine set in dungeons for tanks who run with random groups. Once you run with premades, guildies, or move into trials, Leeching is generally less useful compared to sets that buff your group when you know the group can benefit from it.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 13, 2021 3:38PM
  • TC_Lee13
    TC_Lee13
    ✭✭✭
    and tell me if its help to elders commutiny to judge ppl by their sets or call noobs , on yt videos if you are using some sets...
    do you think that using some sets means you are noob , even if you complete all content with those sets?

note: i will not post the name of the youtuber but he is a teacher tank in twitch and yt...

Hello,
    I would prefer in future if you would use accurate quotes rather than saying I called people Noobs which I didn't do - because now you're making people annoyed on here by making up a comment that I didn't say.

Thank you,
    -Lee
  • superryan94
    superryan94
    ✭✭✭
    For all the folks going "Leeching is used by beginner and inexperienced tanks" it's also used by experienced tanks who PUG dungeons. It helps make up for the randomness of PUG teams where group support is often wasted while a bit of survivability and damage helps the tank more if they get stuck with terrible DDs.

"Oh, but real experienced tanks don't PUG dungeons. They have their list of friends with good DPS and solid healers ready to run with them in premade groups!"

Yeah. Many do. And we wonder why there's a tank shortage in Groupfinder...

Leeching is a fine set in dungeons for tanks who run with random groups. Once you run with premades, guildies, or move into trials, Leeching is generally less useful compared to sets that buff your group when you know the group can benefit from it.

Guild/friendless CP240 tank here, I never had such bad dd in my group that I needed the 2K dps from leeching to make up for that. And when I would have such bad dd in my group the leeching dps would not really matter time wise as it would take forever anyways.
    Edited by superryan94 on May 13, 2021 3:43PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tank pug daily, and use leeching. If you don't like it, leave or vote kick.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »
    It is for noobs. If you choose to interpret noob as an insult that's on you. Would it help you if he had said it was for beginner tanks, or inexperienced tanks, instead?

It's a set that offers survivability and protection but no group utility. That's aimed at beginner (i.e. noob) tanks who need the additional survivability because they aren't perfect at spotting mechanics yet or because they have low CP and therefore less damage mitigation.

When you have more mitigation from CP and recognise mechanics then you won't need sets like leeching any more and will be able to tank in sets that provide group support.

I think you've put it rather well. "Noob" does have negative connotations and would immediately cause most people to become defensive or be insulted. Perhaps the streamer has forgotten this, dosen't have any tact, or just doesn't care. Your explanation however, is much easier to listen to.
  • superryan94
    superryan94
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, in a pug you can wear whatever you want.
    But when you go organised taking your group into consideration is a nice thing to do.
  • MalEducado
    MalEducado
    ✭✭✭
    TC_Lee13 wrote: »

Hello,
    I would prefer in future if you would use accurate quotes rather than saying I called people Noobs which I didn't do - because now you're making people annoyed on here by making up a comment that I didn't say.

Thank you,
    -Lee

i didnt say your name, it will against the rules of the forum....
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several trial guilds rec it as a "selfish" set (a phrase i absolutely hate because like "noob" is conveys a lot of bias, that leads to judgement... but another time). It has its uses. Can you rely on it in a way that helps you compensate for a lack of skill or awareness about mechanics or whatnot? Sure. Who cares. Even the best tanks in the game let their game slip more often than they'd admit and if your "noob" set saves your group from a total wipe, I doubt anyone's going to complain.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭

I know the video you are talking about and there was no mention of people being noobs, it did however say that having a set that carry you through content hinders the need to learn how to self heal and sustain to move onto harder content. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill because you feel attacked.

Yeah I agree, if it’s the same set review I also saw it and I didn’t hear the guy say it was a “noob” set, I think he said it was more suited to casual players and was pretty fair. Maybe the OP knows someone who has taken it personally 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hello,

Thank you,
    -Lee

So is baiting people by spreading misinformation
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

Thank you,
    -Lee

I did see your video, it came across as fair and balanced and I don’t remember you calling anyone a noob or it a noob set.
  • Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »

nukk3r wrote: »

Weaker compared to what, high-end score pushers? You don't need half of their fine tuning for the larger part of the game, vet DLC dungeons included. The problem is that mid-tier players try to mimic the setups of the better groups while being miles behind them in terms of performance. This "have set X or don't even try" mindset turns people away. If DDs can pull their own weight and play the mechanics, a selfish tank setup won't really hurt the group.

But in that case the suboptimal build of a tank makes it more important for dd/healer run optimal (meta) build for their roles. If every group member would have the same mentality of “play any sets you want no matter the performance”, than they wont clear anything harder than base game vet dungeon and in much longer time than it would take players who use decent builds.
    Leeching is indeed for beginner tanks. Its a crutch and absolutely not viable in endgame. The heal is laughable in harder content and you cost your group a good support set. You could use Yolna, Galanwe, or a variety of other sets instead.

Why do you need a set that constanly heals you but gives the group nothing? Because you would not survive otherwise?
    If you can survive without it dont be selfish and use a useful group set. If you need it to survive it makes you a beginner because good tanks will be able to survive most content on their own or with limited support from a healer.

Also, waht do you mean "complete all content"? Any self respecting guild will kick you if you go into vSS, vCR, vAS or any other vDLC Trial with Leeching. It might be okay-ish for some vet dungeons but if I saw a tank with leeching in vDLC dungeons I would most likely leave because I would have no faith in his tanking abilities.

Experienced tank here, primary role of a tank is to maintain taunts/aggo of the big stuff, pull in as much of the small things as possible and survive. Secondary is to buff/debuff. But all the group buffs in the game don’t mean anything if the tank is dead. Leeching can absolutely be viable in all content. 95% of end game are mechanics. But, as someone once said to me, build for the content you’re playing.

Say what you will, but two of the best builds in game for tank uses Leaching. Highest dps check in game is what, 25k- maybe 30? Let the tank TANK and follow mechanics.

Define the words "experienced tank"
    Edited by Dextail on May 13, 2021 4:12PM
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While they didn't actually say that and you are spreading misinformation, I will say it, lol.
    By wearing leeching you aren't contributing as much to the group, you are using a crutch set to cover most likely your inexperience, but also probably your lack of understanding of core game mechanics.
    Just deconstruct the set, do your group a favor.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    I would need some more context.

There are a variety of tanking sets. Some are more selfish and some are more group-friendly.

I would think if you are starting out, using the selfish sets is a good idea until you know the content.

After that, swap to something more group-friendly to help your group.

^ I like this way of thinking, and it was pretty much how I got started. I just wanted to live, but as I got better and better with tanking I started switching things out for group based buffs. I still keep some sets around though like Whitestrake that have saved me, and thus the group, more times than I can count.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

Hello,

Thank you,
    -Lee

So is baiting people by spreading misinformation

Indeed s/he did. S/he took a very well balanced streamer's opinion on a set (whether you agree with him or not), made out of thin air that said streamer called people's noobs and went venting on forums.

The @MalEducado name fits.

I would say, nothing to see here, just another troll who takes things too seriously and whine on forums.
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭
    Eso101rus wrote: »

I know the video you are talking about and there was no mention of people being noobs, it did however say that having a set that carry you through content hinders the need to learn how to self heal and sustain to move onto harder content. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill because you feel attacked.

Yeah I agree, if it’s the same set review I also saw it and I didn’t hear the guy say it was a “noob” set, I think he said it was more suited to casual players and was pretty fair. Maybe the OP knows someone who has taken it personally 🤷🏼‍♂️

We might have all seen the same video because I remember that too. If it's the same streamer he was saying it's a set that only helps the tank and in group content he sees the tank as a role that should provide group buffs, not just taunt and stay alive. He was trying to explain why leeching wasn't what he considers ideal for advanced players. Not trashing people that used it.

This is a different streamer altogether than the one I was just referencing but I love watching Xynode Gaming videos and in one of his builds he uses leeching. The reason I mention him though is because Xynode puts out hour long videos on his builds and explains everything in a way that is super simple to understand. He says this passive on this class mixed with this set helps because of 'x' and at the end of his videos I understand the class, the set and the playstyle a lot better. Though not all streamers articulate their points perfectly.
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Double/wrong posting
    Edited by xericdx on May 13, 2021 4:33PM
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild/friendless CP240 tank here, I never had such bad dd in my group that I needed the 2K dps from leeching to make up for that. And when I would have such bad dd in my group the leeching dps would not really matter time wise as it would take forever anyways.
    When you will have enough cp to pug vet dlc you will find that build of leeching + bahraha + malubeth is ideal because it saves you in case of fake healers or when everyone else died and you have to res them while taking lots of damage
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have closed this thread as the topic has started to derail and is not particularly constructive.

Please take some time to review our Forum Rules to avoid any future problems.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.