The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

whats your opinion about the streammer that say using leeching is for noobs players?

MalEducado
MalEducado
✭✭✭
and tell me if its help to elders commutiny to judge ppl by their sets or call noobs , on yt videos if you are using some sets...
do you think that using some sets means you are noob , even if you complete all content with those sets?

note: i will not post the name of the youtuber but he is a teacher tank in twitch and yt...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set diversity is one of the interesting things about Elder Scrolls Online. It is equally interesting how some people try to exclude those who would dare to use a set they don't like, for whatever reason. It's like being back in High School, again! :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would need some more context.

There are a variety of tanking sets. Some are more selfish and some are more group-friendly.

I would think if you are starting out, using the selfish sets is a good idea until you know the content.

After that, swap to something more group-friendly to help your group.
    The Moot Councillor
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone calls people noobs based on the sets they use, they're not a good teacher. Unsubscribe and move on.
  • MalEducado
    MalEducado
    ✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    If someone calls people noobs based on the sets they use, they're not a good teacher. Unsubscribe and move on.

i think the same
  • Brynhiild
    Brynhiild
    ✭✭✭
    The beauty of this game is the fact that you can build a viable build with ALMOST every set in it. So people can play the set they want to play and not be a burden for the group or, better, being one of the best players of the game.

It's true for every role in the game, even Tank.

Play what you want to play, don't listen to YouTubers or Streamers because they only play with "meta" groups. This game is fun because you can do nonsense builds and still be effective in Veteran content.

People who judge others by their sets are just people who plays for the scores and speedruns, who think "optimization" before thinking "fun to play". That's why people judge you if you wear a certain set or don't play the class in the "meta" way (sorcerer with no pets for exemple).

If your teacher says "you're a noob because..." he's a BAD teacher, a good teacher will tell you "learn your skills, learn your sets and their effects and do some tests", PERIOD.
  • MalEducado
    MalEducado
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    I would need some more context.

There are a variety of tanking sets. Some are more selfish and some are more group-friendly.

I would think if you are starting out, using the selfish sets is a good idea until you know the content.

After that, swap to something more group-friendly to help your group.

there is no context, he said leeching is a noob set, only for necomers and ppl that can play only a few hour a month...i cant say his name and i cant link his vodeo cause its not allowed by the rules of the forum...
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s selfish tank set that brings nothing to your group, maybe not totally useless in some niche situations but why run it instead of buff set like Yolnahkriin or powerful assault for example? That is of course unless we talk about content where performance doesn’t matter and you can run whatever you want, but it does make you group weaker anyway.
  • MalEducado
    MalEducado
    ✭✭✭
    tonyblack wrote: »
    It’s selfish tank set that brings nothing to your group, maybe not totally useless in some niche situations but why run it instead of buff set like Yolnahkriin or powerful assault for example? That is of course unless we talk about content where performance doesn’t matter and you can run whatever you want, but it does make you group weaker anyway.

if my group cant do more than 15k each1 who is the weak?
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weaker compared to what, high-end score pushers? You don't need half of their fine tuning for the larger part of the game, vet DLC dungeons included. The problem is that mid-tier players try to mimic the setups of the better groups while being miles behind them in terms of performance. This "have set X or don't even try" mindset turns people away. If DDs can pull their own weight and play the mechanics, a selfish tank setup won't really hurt the group.
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalEducado wrote: »

if my group cant do more than 15k each1 who is the weak?

It’s not a very good group than and leeching would do more harm than good in that case.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Opinions are like {😵} use what sets you want....

As a tanky, you will be using a variety of set ups anyway for different situations. Especially for puglies where you have no idea what you’re getting into.

It’s your game time, not your irl job so enjoy....
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on May 13, 2021 2:02PM
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weaker compared to what, high-end score pushers? You don't need half of their fine tuning for the larger part of the game, vet DLC dungeons included. The problem is that mid-tier players try to mimic the setups of the better groups while being miles behind them in terms of performance. This "have set X or don't even try" mindset turns people away. If DDs can pull their own weight and play the mechanics, a selfish tank setup won't really hurt the group.

But in that case the suboptimal build of a tank makes it more important for dd/healer run optimal (meta) build for their roles. If every group member would have the same mentality of “play any sets you want no matter the performance”, than they wont clear anything harder than base game vet dungeon and in much longer time than it would take players who use decent builds.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But in that case the suboptimal build of a tank makes it more important for dd/healer run optimal (meta) build for their roles. If every group member would have the same mentality of “play any sets you want no matter the performance”, than they wont clear anything harder than base game vet dungeon and in much longer time than it would take players who use decent builds.

Give people some credit. The difference in DPS between beginner and meta gear is about 25%, and you don't need 100k to clear the content.
  • hamsterontherocksb16_ESO
    Leeching is indeed for beginner tanks. Its a crutch and absolutely not viable in endgame. The heal is laughable in harder content and you cost your group a good support set. You could use Yolna, Galanwe, or a variety of other sets instead.

Why do you need a set that constanly heals you but gives the group nothing? Because you would not survive otherwise?
    If you can survive without it dont be selfish and use a useful group set. If you need it to survive it makes you a beginner because good tanks will be able to survive most content on their own or with limited support from a healer.

Also, waht do you mean "complete all content"? Any self respecting guild will kick you if you go into vSS, vCR, vAS or any other vDLC Trial with Leeching. It might be okay-ish for some vet dungeons but if I saw a tank with leeching in vDLC dungeons I would most likely leave because I would have no faith in his tanking abilities.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any self respecting guild will kick you if you go into vSS, vCR, vAS or any other vDLC Trial with Leeching. It might be okay-ish for some vet dungeons but if I saw a tank with leeching in vDLC dungeons I would most likely leave because I would have no faith in his tanking abilities.

Aside from the cloud of poison, if they were successfully doing a tanking role, and you didn't know they were using Leeching, would you still boot them?

Some people are more concerned about appearance and perception than they are about performance.
    Some people are more concerned about optimal performance, even if the criteria is well above what is needed.

Thus, I am curious.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is for noobs. If you choose to interpret noob as an insult that's on you. Would it help you if he had said it was for beginner tanks, or inexperienced tanks, instead?

It's a set that offers survivability and protection but no group utility. That's aimed at beginner (i.e. noob) tanks who need the additional survivability because they aren't perfect at spotting mechanics yet or because they have low CP and therefore less damage mitigation.

When you have more mitigation from CP and recognise mechanics then you won't need sets like leeching any more and will be able to tank in sets that provide group support.
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Give people some credit. The difference in DPS between beginner and meta gear is about 25%, and you don't need 100k to clear the content.

While experienced players can indeed put ok dps in some off meta builds, they still would gimp themselves (by more than 25%) and their group by doing so. And btw this 100k means group follows the meta and focus on boring buff sets. Average players in most cases can use all the help they can get and using roleplay proc sets instead of meta stat sets would drop their potentially 40k dps to 25k or even less.
    Would it be more fun for me as dd to run something like nerieneth, caluurion, aurorian thunder instead of boring morher sorrow/medusa/zaan/vma inferno? Yes, it would. Will i be able to clear vet dlc dungeons with that build? Yes, but that would mean my group would face much more mechanics which puts much more pressure on other group members. And some vet dlc have dps checks which will most likely be failed. So the question is: is it really appropriate to make dungeon run harder for everyone for the sake of fun build?
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leeching Plate is a useful set for certain types of gameplay. If you are in a highly optimized group running very hard content, you should be running whatever they require, but it is a good set for surviving quite a lot of punishment without having to spend resources on staying alive. Tanking skill implies no correlation from set choices.

My Azureblight / Leeching tank can solo the entire huge mob of 30 or so enemies before the first boss in Hel Ra while doing around 100k DPS, all while pulling enemies into tight clusters for killing, with almost no movement of the health bar. There are a lot of ways to approach problems in this game, and it is good to be wary of those who denigrate others while professing to teach.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quite frankly, who cares what some streamer thinks? 🤔

Their in game experience is so different to the rest of us it might as will be a different game. It’s all well and good for someone who has hours on end each day to play, vast stockpiles of gold and other resources, access to some of the finest players in the game. The rest of us do not have these luxuries. It is arrogant for them to cast aspersions on what works for other people.

Just because a build works for one person does not mean it works for anybody else. There are no end of players in open world combat, probably one of the easiest fights in the known universe, packing a full build of meta equipment and skills, but still managed to die to basic trash bobs! Why? Because thinking you can use the build and actually being able to are two completely different things.

Perhaps leeching plate is not the best set for a tank in veteran content, but quite frankly, given that most of us do not have access to amazing healers or even half decent DPS the main thing is to keep the young tank alive! I’ve been in a situation where my fluffy hobby build has been asked to fill in a space at the last minute in a vet trial, bringing her mighty hybrid dps of almost 50k, a fact they were fully aware of when they asked me as I was quite literally the last option available 😂Only to find that I’m are doing almost a quarter of the total DPS!

But we got it down after a few hours because myself and some of the others knew it inside out, we took the time to teach the others in small calm steps how to stay alive and surprise surprise their damage went up.

Ultimately I will take a live tank, even a selfish one, over a dead tank. A tank is not going to learn if they spend half the time dead, they are going to give up and play something else, comparing the experience of a streamer to the rest of us is without purpose. Leaving aside the difference in damage output, their existing knowledge base gives a bigger advantage over the rest of the player base than any normal player is ever likely to get. It would be like comparing somebody with a slingshot in a dinghy to a fully armed nuclear powered Nimitz class aircraft carrier.

Most people playing this game will not only never complete a veteran trial, they will never complete a normal trial, heck, most will probably never complete a normal dungeon other than the base game ones. Let them use what they want for their learning, after that how about people try talking to them like reasonable sane human beings, instead of jumping on the highest horse available and yelling blue murder.

Most people don’t listen if you shout at them, that is simply human nature. If you want them to see the world your way, you will have to reason with them. Calling people noobs will achieve nothing but a lot of people ignoring you. We were all noobs once, even the streamers... 😐
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Any self respecting guild will kick you if you go into vSS, vCR, vAS or any other vDLC Trial with Leeching. It might be okay-ish for some vet dungeons but if I saw a tank with leeching in vDLC dungeons I would most likely leave because I would have no faith in his tanking abilities.

Aside from the cloud of poison, if they were successfully doing a tanking role, and you didn't know they were using Leeching, would you still boot them?

Some people are more concerned about appearance and perception than they are about performance.
    Some people are more concerned about optimal performance, even if the criteria is well above what is needed.

Thus, I am curious.

I want my tank to be upright, alive, and tanking, so I really don't care what they use so long as they do that.

I think the point the streamer was trying to make was that leeching doesn't provide any group utility. I.e., it is a selfish set, so only newer tanks use it to stay alive. Which, to an extent is true. If you have a highly coordinated group and a good healer, there is no need for leeching, and you can run two sets that buff your group (example, Yulnokriin and powerful assault). But if you don't have an experienced healer, or at minimum, a DPS "off healer" or a coordinated group that uses group heals to support eachother, then a tank set up 100% to support the group is just going to be dead.

Overall, I think the streamer made an off-the-cusp comment that just showed how much of an elitist he was. Not necessarily wrong, but not all tanks have the good fortune to play in a coordinated group like that all the time.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thus, I am curious.

I've tanked a few dungeons in leeching simply because my good tank gear was on another toon so I scraped together some sets out of whatever I had in the bank. I think it was actually leeching and war machine so at least the other set was ok XD Yes I could have offered more group support if I'd bothered to switch toons, put gear in a storage box, switch back and re-equip, but it did the job. Assuming a tank's in leeching because he needs leeching isn't always accurate, sometimes it's just what's at hand and is good enough for the content being done.
    Also, I've definitely tanked vICP in leeching simply for the joy of hearing Lord Warden Dusk grumbling at me from my grievous leeching ward shield.
  • hamsterontherocksb16_ESO

Thus, I am curious.

If I did not know them using them then not. How would I if I did not know?

Also, just to clarify: if you go solo or normal content, even the easy vet dungeons, wear what you want. Its your game, you paid for it and this stuff is laughably easy.
    I´m solely talking harder content here. Because then the group aspect of the game becomes more important and there is no reason to take a selfish set over a group set. If you NEED the selfish set to stay alive you are not (yet) ready for that content (some exceptions apply obviously).

If you do not care about performance you are wrong in endgame (again, vet dlc dungeons/trials and their HM!). And if you are well above the needed criteria it still does not hurt to buff the group.

Please keep in mind: Tanking is not only about staying alive and keeping a boss taunted. Its also about debuffing enemies and buffing your group. A main way to buff your group is with sets. So "successfully doing a tanking role" is a very wide term.

Its like playing basketball with a hand behind your back. Surely, for fun, you can totally do so to give you a challenge or because its fun. But if you go into a tournament with your team and you want to play this way you´re probably on the bench in no time.
  • ScottishTornado85
    ScottishTornado85
    ✭✭✭
    and tell me if its help to elders commutiny to judge ppl by their sets or call noobs , on yt videos if you are using some sets...
    do you think that using some sets means you are noob , even if you complete all content with those sets?

note: i will not post the name of the youtuber but he is a teacher tank in twitch and yt...

I know the video you are talking about and there was no mention of people being noobs, it did however say that having a set that carry you through content hinders the need to learn how to self heal and sustain to move onto harder content. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill because you feel attacked.
    Xbox One EU Server -
    Altmer Sorcerer - Lloydo
    Khajiit Nightblade - Detective Meow Meow Fuzzy
    Breton Templar - Skaraboosh
    Argonian Dragonknight - Loses-Agro-Often
    Altmer Nightblade - Sneaky Cant
    Orc Sorcerer - Lingerie Sandwhich
    Altmer Templar - Dickpickler
    Dunmer DragonKnight - Little Miss Willywarmer
    Redgaurd Templar - Jabbin Bamboozled
    Altmer Warden - Ging Gang Gooly
    Reduard Dragonknight - Doink Brah Brah
  • Kalik_Gold
    Kalik_Gold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any set in the game is Fair game.... don't care what anyone says. Unless it's a duel contest with rules.
    Main: (PvP & PvE)
    Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar, the Vestige

PvP:
    Aurik Siet'ka a Redguard Necromancer
    Cacique the Sage of Ius a Redguard Warden
    Jux Blackheart a Redguard Nightblade
    Goliath of Hammerfell a Redguard Dragonknight
    Kaotik Von Dae'mon a Redguard* Sorcerer

PvP: (Specialty)
    Tyrus Septim an Imperial Lycan Sorcerer
    Tsar af-Bomba a Redguard Vampiric Nightblade
    Movárth Piquine a Nord Vampiric Necromancer
    Uri Ice-Heart the Twin a Nord Vampiric Warden

PvE:
    Cinan Tharn an Imperial Dragonknight
    Bates Vesuius of Dawnstar an Imperial Dragonknight
    Herzog Zwei the Genesis an Akavari* Templar
    Tav'i at-Shinji a Redguard** Warden
    Lucky Hunch the Gambler - a Redguard Nightblade

Leveling...
    Zenovia at-Tura a Redguard** Sorcerer
    Yesi af-Kalik a Redguard Templar
    Voa a Priest of Sep a Redguard* Necromancer
    ======
    Passives of another race used. (RP)
    *Breton
    **Imperial

__________________________Backstories:_________________________

Ras Kalik the Vestige, a renown Redguard warrior; He has been blessed to save Tamriel from Molag Bal’s destructive Planemeld while reuniting the Five Companions. His further accomplishments after defeating Molag Bal, has been to stop the destruction of Morrowind, the Clockwork City, return order to the isle of Summerset and create a new king in Wrothgar and a queen in Elsywer. These events have made him a living legend and continue to lead him into new adventures throughout Tamriel, as well as into the hearts of many ladies including the Elf Queen, Aryenn. Over many years of adventurous travels, Ras Kalik had become a loner, until he re-visited his homeland of Alik'r.

Alik'r and it's cities were overrun by the undead Ra-Netu and therefore he made an allegiance with Alik'r's own Ash'abah tribe. These Ash'abah with his help, cleansed the city of Sentinel in Alik'r desert and it's surrounding areas of the undead brought to life by the Withered Hand. After rescuing Sentinel from the undead zombies, King Fahara’jad’s personal bodyguard the Goliath of Hammerfell, who was given this name by Imperials in the region; was asked to assist the tribe after learning of the defeat of the Withered Hand to the Ash'abah. Kalik promised Goliath he would task him with fighting living enemies on the battlefield if he so desired. Goliath being a Yokudan warrior wields a massive sword in respect to the Ansei, a gift given by the Imperial, Cinan Tharn. Not many soldiers are able to wield double two handed weapons, but Goliath loves to get up and personal in a fight, so he also carries a giant maul, both weapons laced with magical flames.

Jux Blackheart is a master thief that masquerades as a Bard at the Sisters of the Sands inn, with his younger sidekick Lucky Hunch for pilfering and gambling during this time. Jux was known to infiltrate any towns bank vault he came across and even delved into Ayelid ruins without detection. Kalik can vividly recall the night he met the famed thief. Jux found himself rummaging thru a slightly inebriated Kalik’s pocket for too long, on a full-mooned night and because of his greed and the glimmer of his golden armor in the moonlight. He lost his left pinky fingertip as a lesson! But in return, he gained a new friend, as it was his first time since a child being caught red-handed...

Upon arrival back in the Alik'r after many moons of adventuring, Ras Kalik ventures to Bergama. Visiting The Winking Jackal, he runs into Jux Blackheart, who introduces him to the coin game Crowns vs Forebearers (Heads vs Tails) and Golden Dwemer (RBG).... Jux constantly takes gold from the unfortunate thru theft or gambling, his biggest gambling victim is actually his partner in crime known as Lucky Hunch the Gambler. Lucky doesn't mind losing any gold coins to Jux... as Jux saved him from Altmer slavers in Summerset, by stealing a key and sending him on a boat to the mainland years prior. Lucky spent years in slavery with Khajiits in Summerset and picked up the art of subterfuge, using illusion magic disguises and stealing there.

Kaotik Von’Daemon an outcast, and a half-caste between a Breton mother and a Redguard father. Kaotik become a pariah due to his conjuration of Daedra pets. He was taught healing magic during his childhood years by his Breton mother. His father due to Redguard customs exiled him from the desert, sending him by wagon caravan to be a soldier in the war in Cyrodiil. He happened to meet Kalik while traveling from Alik'r, during this long caravan ride the caravan he was in was ambushed in Bangkorai by a group of bandits. Kalik by chance was also traveling thru this area on his Auridon Warhorse (which was bestowed to him by his friend, Darien Gautier). During this ambush, Kalik was able to rescue five hostages from the bandits. Kaotik was the first rescued, and Ras Kalik also recruited him to be in the Ash'abah tribe. These core Ash'abah tribesmen may never be seen together in travel as they partake in their own adventures but they always know what each other is doing; as they frequent a hideout in northern Bankorai. Their hideout an old Orc castle ruin, is kept watch by Nuzhimeh and she passes messages written between them, and frequently they also enjoy her company and her bed.

The other men rescued were a Dunmer banker, an Imperial mercenary and two other soldiers, an Imperial and a Breton Knight, stating proudly he was an Akavir descendent. One of the Imperials, Cinan, claimed to be related to Abnur Tharn the Battlemage of the Imperial Elder Council (One of Ras Kalik's mentors in the Five Companions). Cinan Tharn was really Abnur's drunkard treasure hunting illegitimate son. He was caught smuggling artifacts out of the Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil and the elder of the two Imperials was Tyrus Septim a retired Imperial navy battle-mage (now a Lycan mercenary living in the city of Rimmen) and guard to the Tharn family. As much as Abnur Tharn hated his half-sister Euraxia, he dislikes his bas†ard son Cinan more. Tyrus now a ruffian and privateer had been paid by Abnur Tharn to watch over Cinan as much as possible. Cinan Tharn a drunkard, loves to drink at least a quarter barrel of Nord mead before he raids various delves and dungeons for relics to sell on the black market. Cinan also plans to one day, run an illegal gambling ring... which he thinks will net him more gold for his wares.

The Dunmer captive shackled to the Imperials looked familiar to Kalik from his time in Morrowind.... and he recognized him as Tythis Andromo a House Telvanni slave-owner and banker from Vvardenfell. During a rough interrogation to Tythis, Ras Kalik learnt why the bandits accosted him. The racist Dunmer was providing slaves as soldiers for the Three Banner War. The bandits were trying to negotiate a lucrative ransom for Andromo and the Imperials.... Kalik did not need any of this gold and he could never set Tythis free as he did with the two Imperial soldiers. His past involvement with slavery and war crimes, made Kalik's blood boil. He chose not to execute Tythis, as he figured the worse punishment for this former rich and opulent slave owner, is to now be an imprisoned servant for Ras Kalik and the tribe.

Herzog Zwei the Genesis a reknown Imperial/Akavirri battle-mage. His roots going back to Akavir through his mother’s bloodline. (His mother is descended from the Akaviri, through Versidue-Shae, and his Imperial father met her in Hakoshae, while traveling) Herzog earned the nickname "the Genesis" from his father as a child, as he was his mother's first born child, and last, as she tragically died in child-birth.

Herzog was seeking to purchase an artifact from Cinan Tharn, before their capture and was meeting Tyrus while in Rimmen, who introduced him to Cinan. This artifact being the Ayelid artifact; the sword Sinweaver. After their rescue and the exchange of gold to Cinan for the sword he decided to slip away before Ras Kalik could question who he was, and why the Akavir descendant really wanted that sword. Herzog was headed to Nagastani — An Ayleid ruin in eastern Cyrodiil. He had read in scrolls that the Sword would give him magical powers to meet his mothers spirit, if he performed an Ayleid ritual at an old shrine hidden there. Equipped with the artifact sword, he was off to start his own adventure but Ras Kalik, did indeed notice the sword however and instead sent a letter to Jux Blackheart (whom also was interested in Ayleid treasures), to attempt to find Herzog and acquire the sword. (*Azani Blackheart in Elder Scroll's Oblivion is Jux's descendant some 747 years later)

And so the Redguard, Imperial and Akaviri men parted ways ... While Ras Kalik went off to Elsweyr to encounter the latest threat to Tamriel, with Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan - - DRAGONS!! Little did Ras Kalik know a few people were awaiting him in Senchal besides Sai. A necromancer survived his attack on the Withered Hand, while in Alik'r. The necromancer known as Auriek Siet'ka is also following him to the land of the Khajiits and Cacique the Sage of Ius a Shaman mystic who has become attuned spiritually with Tu'whacca (a Redguard God) and Ius (the Animal God), after being burned severely by the escaped dragons in Elsywer, is awaiting his arrival also. Aurik is a soldier of the Daggerfall Covenant that was introduced to necromancy while in the military, even though this magicka art is not spoken of openly by most of the Military leaders. He came to Alik'r and worked with the Withered Hand before Ras Kalik intervened on their plans. After the defeat of the Withered Hand, he aligned with the Worm Cult, and is constantly adapting and perfecting his necromantic arts.

After his journey to Rimmen, Kalik heads south to Senchal, in the southern regions of Elyswer. This new adventure will also put him on a path to meet a strange Redguard man. The stranger which was infected with an untreated Peyrite disease and also was the exiled from the Order of the New Moon cult, due to his sickness. He originally joined the cult to worship Laatvulon, the green dragon, mistakenly thinking it was the Daedric prince Peyrite. This confused and suffering cultist is known as Tsar al-Bomba and he is on a path to spread the disease. He was originally infected in Orccrest while recruiting members there. Can Ras Kalik and the shaman Cacique cure this poor soul, only time will tell. Little does Tsar al-Bomba know, that his infection is tied to Vampirism, and eventually the desire for blood will take over his mind. Senchal also offers Kalik his latest love interest... Aeliah. Whom he fondly led thru battles with the Dragonguard.

After the trek thru the heat, tropical and desert climate of Northern and Southern Elyswer, Ras Kalik heads north to the cold mountain range of Skyrim. His companion friend Lyris beckons for him with a letter sent by crow...

Movárth Piquine - a former vampire hunter (now infected), within the Fighter's Guild (and a secretive necromancer) was in Skyrim working with the Morthaal Guard. On a patrol mission he was caught in Frewien's ice curse outside of Morthaal with the frozen undead. Movárth's vampiric infection kept him from becoming an undead minion to the curse. He was able to use necromantic ice-magic to encase himself safely until he was freed with Freiwen, when the Vestige Ras Kalik broke the curse.

Uri Ice-Heart - brother of Urfon Ice-Heart. The twin sons of Atli and Oljourn Ice-Heart. The Ice-Heart family are originally from Markarth but now reside on the Jerall Mountain range near Cyrodiil, with their younger sister Araki. The twins had joined the Winterborn Reachmen while living in Markarth. Urfon pushed west to Orsinium with the Winterborn Clan, leaving his family behind. Uri stayed behind with his parents and sister to live in the family cabin for safety, avoiding the Vampire plague infiltrating the Reach. After news reaches him and he hears of Urfon's death... Uri leaves and heads home and is seeking vengeance. Meanwhile, his sister has also moved on to Windhelm to join the Fighter's guild. He will visit his sister, once before going to seek vengeance and she will craft him armor mixed with ice, called Stalhrim armor. Uri fearing death, after his brother's passing, falls victim to the convincing talk of Movárth at a Nordic tavern, and will also becomes a vampire.

{time moves forward through the hour-glass}
    PS5/NA - Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar - Daggerfall Covenant • 1550+ Champion

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He/she is right.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're pugging or random queuing, do whatever you want. Bring a Leeching setup and a Yolna setup and swap for what's appropriate for the group.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen a streamer, youtuber or whatever they call him.

But I don't understand the problem, in the game people use that word all the time, why shouldn't they use it?
    Edited by Chips_Ahoy on May 13, 2021 3:13PM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who need that crp when you can rise health regen to 10k ?
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Leeching is indeed for beginner tanks. Its a crutch and absolutely not viable in endgame. The heal is laughable in harder content and you cost your group a good support set. You could use Yolna, Galanwe, or a variety of other sets instead.

Why do you need a set that constanly heals you but gives the group nothing? Because you would not survive otherwise?
    If you can survive without it dont be selfish and use a useful group set. If you need it to survive it makes you a beginner because good tanks will be able to survive most content on their own or with limited support from a healer.

Also, waht do you mean "complete all content"? Any self respecting guild will kick you if you go into vSS, vCR, vAS or any other vDLC Trial with Leeching. It might be okay-ish for some vet dungeons but if I saw a tank with leeching in vDLC dungeons I would most likely leave because I would have no faith in his tanking abilities.

Experienced tank here, primary role of a tank is to maintain taunts/aggo of the big stuff, pull in as much of the small things as possible and survive. Secondary is to buff/debuff. But all the group buffs in the game don’t mean anything if the tank is dead. Leeching can absolutely be viable in all content. 95% of end game are mechanics. But, as someone once said to me, build for the content you’re playing.

Say what you will, but two of the best builds in game for tank uses Leaching. Highest dps check in game is what, 25k- maybe 30? Let the tank TANK and follow mechanics.

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The only "teacher tank" I can think of is [snip], so I'm guessing that's who you're talking about. I don't really follow what other people think unless what they're saying goes in line with what the math and data show. I also know the value of experienced people, and people who have more experience doing a task than I do. I believe he is a seasoned raider in ESO, and probably raided with enough groups with different build comps to spot trends and patterns. I'm also guessing that his opinion is based on those trends and patterns. But yeah, if he has way more experience raiding than I do, then he probably knows more about what makes raiding work and, what doesn't, than I do.

[Removed proposed name to avoid naming and shaming]

Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on May 13, 2021 4:26PM
This discussion has been closed.