Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master Gatherer Controller Rumble

GenjiraX
GenjiraX
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else getting this?

On both Xbox and PC (I play with an Xbox controller on PC), once I pump some champion points into Master Gather and reduce the time it takes to harvest stuff, the controller rumble doesn't happen at the correct time - it's still happening at the original full-duration time, a second or so after the harvesting.

I have reported it but I don't know if Monday's patch maintenance will fix it because the patch notes aren't published in advance. I think they should be, even if they need amending on the day.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @GenjiraX

If the controller is wireless, have you tried directly plugging the gamepad in rather than using it wirelessly?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there is a delay on the controller rumble and it seems so small but it really throws me off and I find it annoying.
    Xbox wireless controller
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not unique to controllers (well the rumble is). What I mean is that the animation and audio cue on PC last the full amount of time. I have to guess when I can break away from the node.
    PC | EU
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @GenjiraX

If the controller is wireless, have you tried directly plugging the gamepad in rather than using it wirelessly?

Hi @ZOS_BillE. I hadn't but I have now and it makes no difference. IIRC, in CP1.0 Master Gatherer was either on or off, which meant harvesting took either 100% time or 50% - nothing in between. With CP2.0, in recoding the graded reduction in harvesting time (10% per ten champion points spent), they've clearly forgotten to apply the reduction (at all) to the controller rumble.
    This is not unique to controllers (well the rumble is). What I mean is that the animation and audio cue on PC last the full amount of time. I have to guess when I can break away from the node.

That confuses me. My experience on both platforms is that both animation and sounds are in line with the harvesting time reduction, just the rumble is late. There are no new animations – e.g. one character on PC (I think 20% or 30% reduction rather than the full 50%) strikes a metal node once, then raises her pickaxe a second time but doesn't strike again because the node is already harvested, i.e. they simply cut the standard animation short.