The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game Constantly crashing

Xanathos
Xanathos
✭✭✭
Greetings,
from Flames of Ambition dlc i have constant game crashing with crash report window, sometimes i must start game 4-5 times before i get pass to character without error. Few friends also have similiar problem. More peaple habve same issues?
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on March 30, 2021 12:34PM
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hard crash realistically 7/10 times I try to use a wayshrine, enter / exit a dungeon, or try to port in / out of a house.

S.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any system info?

PS: With my Geforce GPU, FoA did introduce an issue where suddenly FXAA did not work anymore for me, as this is not supported by Nvidia. Even though it worked before. I did not crash, but my GPU went nuts when in the login screen, loading screens, in dungeons, and in the character select screen. My guess is others are experiencing crashes here, as I have a newer GPU. Adding ESO to the Nvidia settings program, and disabling FXAA in-game worked as a fix.
    Edited by Sarannah on March 30, 2021 6:02AM
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on PS4 and luckily (knock on wood) had no crashes at all. However, inventory lag is just something else. Game is playing fine for me, but accessing things like the bank or switching gear often causes lockups for a few seconds. That is definitely new. No other lag to report, really, just inventory/banking for me.
  • AnyOldIron
    AnyOldIron
    ✭✭✭
    If you use addons, try disabling them. If the problem continues then get in touch with ZoS...who will ask you to disable any addons 😏
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this problem too.... So have many of my friends and guildmates, as well as many other people on the forums.

I've contacted ZOS about it and so far they have:
    1. Asked me to uninstall add-ons and repair the game. Which I did, even though I was skeptical it would do literally anything, as I had already disabled all my add-ons prior to contacting ZOS and the problem had persisted.
    2. Sent me another copy of the "Frequently crashing?" online article, even though I had already read it and implemented its recommendations.
    3. Sent me instructions for how to force my system to recognize and use a second graphics card, even though I do not have one, that were specific to Windows users. I access the game from a Mac client.

Amazing.
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needless to say, despite all of their recommendations, I'm still experiencing crashes probably about 30-50% of the time on changing instances, just like many other players.
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m experiencing constant crashing since the latest update, too. It happens in dungeons, at wayshrines, and for no apparent reason just while I’m running around the landscape. I get either no error message (crash to the desktop) or a long pause during which my character can’t do anything, and finally the game shuts down with the message that there has been an unknown error. I usually can’t sign back in for several minutes (“this account is already signed in”), and, if playing with my husband, his character can still see mine in the dungeon until I finally disappear.

I’ve tried disabling add-ons, I’ve repaired the game, disabled most of the higher-end graphic processes, etc. But it still happens frequently. I’ve occasionally had problems before after various patches, but this is the worst.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @Xanathos

We recommend the troubleshooting in this article to see if it is able to resolve this crashing issue.

If this issue persists after trying these steps, then please submit a support ticket for further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needless to say, despite all of their recommendations, I'm still experiencing crashes probably about 30-50% of the time on changing instances, just like many other players.

There seems to be some sort of problem with Macs after the update. People have mentioned this issue and severe graphic problems in game on Macs since the update. This makes me think the update causes some sort of graphics conflict on Macs running certain hardware. In some cases the system is not able to recover from it and has to shut down the program.

It most likely is an issue with certain GPU chipsets that are ran in Macs and will require either a fix from ZOS or a fix from AMD/Apple. First they have to figure out that the problem has to be fixed on their end and its not a user issue which is always the first assumption( and usually the correct one).