The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cyrodiil/IC PvE Mode?

• volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Not sure why someone would be opposed to a pve diil/ic server because it doesn't affect them. If you want pvp then you would choose pvp. Those who want to do the dailies without griefers would choose pve. This server isn't reflected of the true overall consensus as most people on these forums are pvp pc players. But i do often wonder why they put pve quests in pvp. PVP dailies should be pvp based.
    Edited by volkeswagon on March 12, 2021 3:36AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Not sure why someone would be opposed to a pve diil/ic server because it doesn't affect them. If you want pvp then you would choose pvp. Those who want to do the dailies without griefers would choose pve. This server isn't reflected of the true overall consensus as most people on these forums are pvp pc players. But i do often wonder why they put pve quests in pvp. PVP dailies should be pvp based.

It could affect PvP by not supplying new players to the content. The game depends in part on players doing different activities. Armor sets in trials that are good for PvP and skills found in PvP that are good for PvE are examples of dynamics in game to get players to try different things. Quests in Cyrodiil also does this. Players going to do the quests may find they like PvP and decide to join more often. I know that is what happened to me and others in my guild. Making a PvE only Cyrodiil could hurt the long term health of the game not just PvP.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good side of a PvE solution would be, that players like me, who don't want to get involved in the war, would no longer take a combat slot whilst not contributing anything to the war effort. this would be a good thing, because then you have just people in a PvP campaign, who actually want to contribute to the war effort. And those not contributing to it, could select the PvE "campaign". As a result there wouldn't be "fake soldiers" in PvP campaigns anymore.

What would be another possibility is something I've seen in Archeage - a cease fire period - maybe 3 hours of all out battle followed by an hour cease fire, where no PvP takes place. Those enlisted for PvP would have to stay in their currently conquered area, and those who are registered for PvE could freely go wherever they want and be safe during the cease fire period. But when cease fire ends, they could be attacked like anyone else, they could defend themselves but not start a fight.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

It could affect PvP by not supplying new players to the content. The game depends in part on players doing different activities. Armor sets in trials that are good for PvP and skills found in PvP that are good for PvE are examples of dynamics in game to get players to try different things. Quests in Cyrodiil also does this. Players going to do the quests may find they like PvP and decide to join more often. I know that is what happened to me and others in my guild. Making a PvE only Cyrodiil could hurt the long term health of the game not just PvP.

this has some merits, that is why I didn't vote - because I think to make it totally safe would not be a good idea - and it should as well not be dumped down, but something like a cease fire period and separating those actively taking part in the war and those, who are just there for the PvE content, would be a good idea.
  • ValueDrift
    ValueDrift
    ✭✭✭
    The PvE content in Cyrodiil and to a slightly lesser extent in the Imperial City isn't at all comparable to the rest of the game. What quests there are are the type of simplistic fetch quests you'd find in other MMOs, not proper well written ones you find in other ESO zones. If you don't like PvP, you don't miss anything of value by staying out of PvP zones.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happens in future because

1) They hinted at Imperial City by putting it on the main map around the outside (see one of my other posts)
    2) They have moved the 5k health from PvP to this current patch as a permanent buff

This could certainly mean they are getting the world ready so people can switch on PvP in any PvE map if they so choose.

By doing this it means they have a entire Cyrodiil map they can upgrade with much more to do which is a great idea!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    I don't know if it has been said yet. Most PVPers will leave you alone if you do not respond to their attacks. They will realize that you are not their to fight but to gather skyshards, or other items and leave you alone.

To be on the safe side make sure you carry plenty of filled soul gems are repair kits, I do LOL.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    You lost me at Tela drops should remain.... for real it is a pvp reward that should only be gained via pvp.... sorry but your tela farning dream won't happen
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I don't understand why both crowds can't have what they want? PVP stays as it is, the OP's suggestion means PVE would be a new, separate zone. Both players are happy.

I suspect I know the reason: Without PVE players and zergling potatoes to gank your TV stones and farm easy AP from, you'd be poor.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Vermintide wrote: »
    I don't understand why both crowds can't have what they want? PVP stays as it is, the OP's suggestion means PVE would be a new, separate zone. Both players are happy.

I suspect I know the reason: Without PVE players and zergling potatoes to gank your TV stones and farm easy AP from, you'd be poor.

Ever notice how if pvp players ask for any new updates to pvp content the pve crowd shouts them down telling them they dont deserve it.....yeah pve also does not deserve pve ic and cyrodil simple as that
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    I think a new chapter based on central cyro should be added. That includes IC

But not a pve version of the current one. Keep pvp the way it is.

We dont access cryo and IC via the map anyway. So adding a new chapter would not effect anything, just an addition like all chapters.

Abnur Tharn wanted to stop the banners war and was working towards something and then went dragon boom. -snifs around this unfinshed plot- maybe just maybe we might get both. Why not.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!

Where do you think future PvP players come from? That's right PvErs.

So take PvErs out of IC / Cyro and they don't get the exposure to PvP that means they find its not the gankfest that it gets portrayed as but can actually be a lot of fun.

If you want to kill PvP then yes go ahead and have a PvE only IC / Cyro, but the game will be poorer as a result.

PvPers get a lot of stick, a lot of accusations thrown at them but inside every PvEr is a PvPer just waiting for the opportunity to emerge.

Don't deny your inner PvPer that chance. Yes, you may not like it, you may have had a bad experience,.you may have heard the myths perpetuated by the anti PvP lobby of a ganker behind every tree just waiting to spring out and kill you, and yes they waited hours behind that tree just in case you finally decided to pass it.

Give PvP a go. It's a lot of fun especially when in a group with friends, but please please please stop with these requests as they will destroy the game as we know it
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, fun fact, getting killed in a pvp zone is not being griefed, if you go to Cyro you should be prepared to be killed....if you die in a quest spot and go back and get killed again either ask for help in zone chat ( people will come to your aide) or go elsewhere...there are multiple towns w quest givers, some of which are not caputurable and probably safer. You could also try equiping gear and skills that are more pvp aligned as opposed to rocking out in your pve kit.
    Edited by wazzz56 on March 12, 2021 4:42PM
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Ethyarion
    Ethyarion
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I don't know if it has been said yet. Most PVPers will leave you alone if you do not respond to their attacks. They will realize that you are not their to fight but to gather skyshards, or other items and leave you alone.

To be on the safe side make sure you carry plenty of filled soul gems are repair kits, I do LOL.

I think most PVE players experience is quite the opposite, hence the recurrent posts suggesting a PVE alternative.
    [AD] Tariel Lithaldoren 1000+ cp Stamina Nightblade
    [AD] Ethyarion Lithaldoren 1000+ cp Templar Healtank
    [AD] Keridwen Drachenfels 1000+ cp Stamina DK Tank
    [AD] Kerridwen Drachenfels 1000+ cp Stamina DK
    [AD] Drachenfels Wyndrunner 1000+ cp Stamina Warden
    [AD] Drachenfels Shadowstrike 1000+ cp Stamina Sorceror
    [DC] Ethyarion 1000+cp Magika Nightblade
    [EP] Abbra Cadaver 1000+cp Magika Necromancer

PC EU Server
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No!
    I'm voting no because I don't think OP understands that PvE in Cyrodiil is nothing but fetch quests.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Honestly, thousands of PvErs before you went into Cyrodiil and got the skyshards behind the gates, the fish, the quest achievements.

You can do it too.

Bring some friends if you want. Take some precautions. You can do it. It will be fine.
    The Moot Councillor
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    I'm a full PvE person, but I feel like our PvP friends should have their bonus AP.
    I don't mind getting killed when I set foot there.
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I tried PvP in ESO but it's not my thing. The only time I go to Cyrodiil is during holiday events, just for the occasional scouting mission to earn tickets. I don't care about AP or TelVar. I'd happily visit a PvE-instanced version of Cyrodiil to run delves and such. But I don't expect it will ever happen.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No!
    JKorr wrote: »
    Doesn't matter what the results are, the pvpers will instantly deny any possibility of ever having a pve cyrodiil/IC.

If you'd like the idea of PVP versions of Trials and dungeons where Players are seen as neutral to NPC's and boss, and only other players can attack you, but the same trial and dungeon gear will still drop for PVPers, then I'd be open to explore the idea of PVE Cyrodiil/IC.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Leave it as it is.

Narratively Imperial City and Cyrodiil could be redone as a Dragon Break instance in which the planemeld and war never occurred and a separate PVE instance could be done for both.

You could either queue for PVP like you do now or travel to the PVE instanced versions via wayshrine and it would be perfect.

Heck you could even split Cyrodiil up into its gated areas and redo the terrain/add quests/update graphical assets and it would sell like crazy. Imagine a chapter of Cyrodiil and the 4th quarter update being IC.

Also, this kind of redo could be used as a precursor to redo Cyrodiil in PVP and update it for the current day at a further date.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    With this logic, let's make a no combat PvE server, where I don't have to worry about being killed by players monsters. Let me walk into any dungeon or trial and have the monsters hand me my gear.

Sounds fair to me!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    I think there could be pvp and pve versions of every zone in game and see how it goes.
  • SeaArcanist
    SeaArcanist
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    much like high end pve gear is earned thought repitition, and improving your pve ability. pvp gear is earned from getting good at pvp.

This is just an effort to get easier access to gear, etc. the "quests" in IC/Cyrodiil arnt even that good nd dont reward much AP. this isnt a post made to "make questign easier for pvers" this is made to make access of gear easier to them w/o pvping.

if cyrodiil/ IC became pve zone. the gear thye hold would HARDLY be worth anything. because there is no difficulty of obtaining it then. and then the zones would ultimatly become abandoned.
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!

Being killed in a PVP zone isn't griefing lol. It makes perfect sense from a story and gameplay perspective.
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    No.

Let the PVPers have the PVP areas. There's no real feasible reason for a PVE Cyrodiil in this game, and this is a dead horse that people just wail on endlessly.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After removing a couple posts, we would like to remind everyone that Baiting is against the Community Rules, and generally non-constructive:
    Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    This is a reminder to keep the Forum's Community Rules in mind moving forward.
    Staff Post
  • Bomber293
    Bomber293
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    Honestly 95% of the decisions done are focused on PvE just leave us cyrodiil.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!

If you venture into Cyrodiil outside the events you will find thing for the most part is not true. PvP'rs get a bad reputation mostly because PvE'rs with a bit of PvP experience camp to gank other PvE'rs during events. A player that actually is good at PvP usually leaves players doing quests alone. Not always but usually.

Killing players there just for the quest is about as exciting as killing mud crabs in PvE and less rewarding.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Opening a PvE cyrodiil and IC wont gonna hurt PvPers except they have to fight each other rather than preying on PvEers.

Alliance point gains should be minimal*, all set related drop rates should be reduced, telvar gain should be fixed to 0.

Then I will happly accept PvE Cyro and IC.

*if bots can farm AP, AP gain should be disabled.

I would love to see PvE areas turned in to seperate instance PvP zones, 1 zone per week too. That will be exciting.
    Edited by Luckylancer on March 13, 2021 12:26AM
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    You lost me at Tela drops should remain.... for real it is a pvp reward that should only be gained via pvp.... sorry but your tela farning dream won't happen

Then... why is it gained through pve activities such as slaying monsters, opening treasure chests, and killing boss mobs? The ONLY thing that makes Tel Var PvP is the fact that you can kill other players to steal half of their acquired total. Everything else about Tel Var is PvE... This is why I tend to dislike imperial city. I LIKE how AP is gained in Cyrodiil; killing enemies doesn't force the opponent you've killed to lose their accumulated AP, and you gain AP by completing war tasks and efforts such as taking keeps and other important locations. You CANNOT gain AP from killing monsters or looting treasure chests, and the ONLY thing that is related to PvE with AP currency is completing daily quests in towns that have nothing to do with the PvP in Cyrodiil.... that's it.

Alliance Points: completely PvP-focused with the exception of cyrodiil town daily quests.

Tel Var: entirely PvE-focused with the exception of being able to kill other players and steal a full half of their accumulated Tel Var yield.

AP encourages just normal pvp activity, Tel Var on the other hand? We all know how different the combat bars and equipped gear can be between effective PvE builds and PvP builds... To effectively gain Tel Var, you have to make yourself vulnerable to PvP builds... and all the PvP builds have to do to gain Tel Var is to shadow a PvE-built farmer, and proceed to gank the crap out of them when they're making their way back to base to deposit their earnings. Unlike AP, Tel Var massively encourages griefing and likewise makes it easier to kill players whose builds are equipped for taking on mobs, not other players.
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."