The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVE players need to stop demanding MYM caters to them.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for baiting and flaming, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts please be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on January 31, 2021 8:08PM
    Staff Post
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    And how do you know they are all PvE players? If you were to ask the PvE players, they would probably claim that it's the other way around-- a zerg of 20 PvP players hunting down lone PvE questers who are too terrified to do anything but desperately try to run away. Which assertion is true? I don't know, but I imagine that both have some validity to them.

Their general build, many small glass cannons with few ebon tanks that have no damage.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    PvP takes WAY too much time for some players. Quests you could normally complete in 2 minutes, suddenly take over an hour.

Now I don't think they should cater to non-PvPers too much. But ZOS should put outfit pages in the midyear boxes, and only make us require one PvP activity for all three tickets. The way it is now, forces non-PvPers into a PvP zone they do not want to be in. Both with the IC daily requirement for a ticket, as well as outfit pages only dropping from IC bosses.

I'd be ok with that if ZOS allowed PVPers a way to get mythics and monster sets by killing other players.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I said in a different thread. Just pick a low population campaign. If you absolutely have to because you're still scared, do it at the off time for the server.

If you go into a pop locked campaign or one where your Alliance is outnumbered then of course you're going to have an unpleasant time of it.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    eso_lags wrote: »
    As long as I have to deal with bad performance in pvp because of this event I will turn every town into a blood bath. I cant go anywhere else without the game becoming unplayable. And maybe if pve players complained about performance as much as they do about having to go to cyrodil for tickets then something would have been done about it. Until then I will hold the line.

^
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVPERS players need to stop complaining about pvers. ESO is a mainly a pve focused game. If you don't like them don't play.
    Edited by ZaroktheImmortal on February 1, 2021 1:54AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    PvP takes WAY too much time for some players. Quests you could normally complete in 2 minutes, suddenly take over an hour.

Now I don't think they should cater to non-PvPers too much. But ZOS should put outfit pages in the midyear boxes, and only make us require one PvP activity for all three tickets. The way it is now, forces non-PvPers into a PvP zone they do not want to be in. Both with the IC daily requirement for a ticket, as well as outfit pages only dropping from IC bosses.

These events are designed to get players to try different content. The hope is some players will experience Imperial City and want to return. It does happen. I decided I liked PvP after one of these events.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My stance is that it’s a PvP event. You want to live and be able to play well enough for easy tickets? Make a character for PvP and use it. Just as I would need (and have) made characters built for pve for the pve events and content.

This time they required quests in both areas, not just one, for the tickets. That is stupid.

Though some of us will not be good at PvP even with the right gear. We are not twitchy enough.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not complaining. I always have a blast at MYM, even though I’m terrible at PvP. In Cyrodiil, the expanse of territory is so wide that it’s fairly easy to avoid any fights I don’t want to be part of. I rarely even see another player when doing a scouting mission. This morning I spent a pleasant time fishing on a beautiful lake in enemy territory without meeting anyone at all (I even got lucky and scored 2 perfect roe!).

In Imperial City, I expect to be ganked, and part of the goal for me is trying to avoid the (human) enemy fire. But since I don’t collect Telvar stones, I don’t care if I lose them. I go back to base so often that I never have many on me anyway. If one district is overrun, I can usually meet the quest objectives of a different district. Getting a single quest done every day is pretty easy.

In short, I wouldn’t want to do this everyday, which is why I don’t PvP, but for a couple of weeks it’s fun.

Completely correct in every respect.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stance is that it’s a PvP event. You want to live and be able to play well enough for easy tickets? Make a character for PvP and use it. Just as I would need (and have) made characters built for pve for the pve events and content.

This time they required quests in both areas, not just one, for the tickets. That is stupid.

Though some of us will not be good at PvP even with the right gear. We are not twitchy enough.

Technically, they required Cyrodiil/BGs and Imperial City last time too. June 2020 was 2 tickets for Cyro/BGs and 2 for IC dailies.

I wish they'd go back to January 2020's method: 3 tickets for any PvPvE daily.

I dunno why ZOS is determined to get players into IC (I mean, beyond inflating the numbers in a zone that's usually a ghost town), but as a PVPer who prefers Cyrodiil, even I'd rather get all my MYM tickets doing the PVP I like, not PvPvE dailies I don't. Its not like we don't get another taste of Imperial City dailies during its own event later in the year!
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is not a PVP event. This is a PVE event that takes place in PVP zones. Come back to me when its "Gank 10 actual players" or "Kill the emperor" to get a ticket.

It feels a lot like ZOS wants to bring in "questers" which aren't PVPing, to have someone for the actual PvPers to fight.

And then people wonder why the questers aren't having a good time?

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    This is not a PVP event. This is a PVE event that takes place in PVP zones. Come back to me when its "Gank 10 actual players" or "Kill the emperor" to get a ticket.

It feels a lot like ZOS wants to bring in "questers" which aren't PVPing, to have someone for the actual PvPers to fight.

Thank you.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IUB-wjXUREE
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kill 20 X class is a quest for this event, and killing randomly in the arena district while generating ult for the fights to come is also something to be done for PvP.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Kill 20 X class is a quest for this event, and killing randomly in the arena district while generating ult for the fights to come is also something to be done for PvP.

Its one of many quests. They're still questers.. just trying to get tickets. I get my quests, and then I go to Cyro. I have fun. But I've also been zerged, ganked, camped, and its always the same dynamic. Solo player simply trying to get an objective done and the zone designed for PVPers to prey on that player.
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a PVE, no template, play like I want Lady, I am afraid of PVP.

Would love to see that part of the world but...I have experienced PVP in many games and the experience is not fun for me.

I do approve of a PVP celebration, extra ??? and whatever comes with the mayhem (needless or willful damage or violence ) however, it is not my playstyle.
    Edited by Path on February 1, 2021 3:02AM
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • iMuz86
    iMuz86
    ✭✭✭
    I primarily play for PvE - but last years MYM showed me how much great fun battlegrounds can be - so I started doing them more often afterwards. They are also amazing to help level up alt characters.

Now, that doesnt mean I win much, but it's fun for the odd "I have 20 minutes to kill here"

I think the only thing thats harder this year is that you have to turn in the battleground quests vs playing a battleground match. It's difficult when you get the Win 3 games quest (I know you can apparently cancel and pick up again and again but I gave up after like 10 tries the other night) - I ended up being on a 5 loss streak before getting a lucky win in.

But look, I'm not complaining - it's great fun. To be honest, I even slotted some skills I havent used in ages and had so much fun running them. Crit Rush is so fun on a Stam DK.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its one of many quests. They're still questers.. just trying to get tickets. I get my quests, and then I go to Cyro. I have fun. But I've also been zerged, ganked, camped, and its always the same dynamic. Solo player simply trying to get an objective done and the zone designed for PVPers to prey on that player.

I am a solo player myself, most of grief I see is from PvE zergs in IC
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Worth noting;

Not once during those "pve" events can another player actively stop you from achieving your goal.

Also worth noting: stopping the enemy from achieving their goal is the entire point of PVP.

That may not be a very comfortable thought for PVE players used to working together with other players - it wasn't comfortable for me when I started to PVP. Nevertheless, that's the nature of PVP by design and definition. ZOS is not ignorant of the nature of PVP. Nor have they somehow missed that PVE players don't like it (though many still head to PvPvE zones for their event tickets, natch). Despite the complaints, ZOS continues running Midyear Mayhem and the Imperial City Celebration.

If we can nerf mudballa then we can do this
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If they are zerging then by definition they are not PVE questing. The PVEers aren't complaining about how they tried to gank this one guy and he wouldn't die. Or that their kill squad didn't manage to 12 v 1 enough.

It's the one dude or dudette trying to get an ebonsteel drop. or the one trying to turn in their Cropsford quest. Should they have expected PVP? Yes. And they should expect to die quickly as there's no way to suddenly be "good" at PVP, especially when you're focused on questing.
    Edited by PizzaCat82 on February 1, 2021 3:17AM
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You literally can get tickets from completing dailies in Cyro that are things like "kill 20 dragonknight players" (got that one) and "kill 40 players" (got that one too).

So yes, actually, it is a PvP event where you get event rewards from doing PvP. :)
    Edited by renne on February 1, 2021 3:17AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they are zerging then by definition they are not PVE questing. The PVEers aren't complaining about how they tried to gank this one guy and he wouldn't die. Or that their kill squad didn't manage to 12 v 1 enough.

It's the one dude or dudette trying to get an ebonsteel drop. or the one trying to turn in their Cropsford quest. Should they have expected PVP? Yes. And they should expect to die quickly as there's no way to suddenly be "good" at PVP, especially when you're focused on questing.

They are running in pve sets with PvE skills, so ye, they are PvE zergs. And they will attack anyone, questers included, that they find.
    Edited by zvavi on February 1, 2021 3:19AM
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    renne wrote: »

You literally can get tickets from completing dailies in Cyro that are things like "kill 20 dragonknight players" (got that one) and "kill 40 players" (got that one too).

So yes, actually, it is a PvP event where you get event rewards from doing PvP. :)

I'm sure you and 50 others are rushing to type that reply, without reading like any of the thread.

So how many PVEers you see go up to those quests and think "That's how I'm getting my tickets today"

0?

I stand by my statement. Unless they get rid of all PVE quests, this is a PVE event inside a PVP zone.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm sure you and 50 others are rushing to type that reply, without reading like any of the thread.

So how many PVEers you see go up to those quests and think "That's how I'm getting my tickets today"

0?

I stand by my statement. Unless they get rid of all PVE quests, this is a PVE event inside a PVP zone.

I am a PvEer. I did both of those quests on my PvE toon, with her PvE gear and her PvE skills and her PvE CP.

So.

Yeah. Actually. PvEers do.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

0?

I am a PvEer. I did both of those quests on my PvE toon, with her PvE gear and her PvE skills and her PvE CP.

So.

Ah cool my bad. So no others decide to do any of the other quests. You have proven me completely wrong. Thank you I will delete my forum account now.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also you guys know you don't have to do the event, right? They massively reduced the ticket requirements for the pet and the morph, from 4 pieces to 3 and for the base pet from 10 tickets to 5. If you don't like going into PvP areas because there are, god forbid, PvPers there, you LITERALLY do not have to.

If you choose to go into PvP areas, then you've made the active choice to do it. Turning around and making thread after thread about how terrible it is that you've been killed by a PvPer doing PvP in a PvP zone...? It's like going into a trial solo and complaining you can't solo the trash, much less the boss.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

0?

So.

Ah cool my bad. So no others decide to do any of the other quests. You have proven me completely wrong. Thank you I will delete my forum account now.

Okay bye. :)
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also you guys know you don't have to do the event, right? They massively reduced the ticket requirements for the pet and the morph, from 4 pieces to 3 and for the base pet from 10 tickets to 5. If you don't like going into PvP areas because there are, god forbid, PvPers there, you LITERALLY do not have to.

If you choose to go into PvP areas, then you've made the active choice to do it. Turning around and making thread after thread about how terrible it is that you've been killed by a PvPer doing PvP in a PvP zone...? It's like going into a trial solo and complaining you can't solo the trash, much less the boss.

Why don't tickets drop from players? Why don't style pages drop from players?

Why is the easiest way to get tickets in this event also the most likely to get you attacked by gankers?
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why is the easiest way to get tickets in this event also the most likely to get you attacked by gankers?

Also scouting missions and camping the Arena spawn point are the easiest way and actually the LEAST likely to get you attacked by gankers, because the scouting missions are all over the map and depend on the state of the map at the time, and camping the Arena spawn point you literally cannot be attacked.
    Edited by renne on February 1, 2021 3:33AM
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Also scouting missions and camping the Arena spawn point are the easiest way and actually the LEAST likely to get you attacked by gankers, because the scouting missions are all over the map and depend on the state of the map at the time, and camping the Arena spawn point you literally cannot be attacked.

While Scouting + Arena are relatively safe, they are not foolproof You can absolutely be attacked on the spawn ledge and I have taught many a sniper that my snipes have 3 procs that go along with poison.

But that still leaves those fun little style pages, doesn't it? Guess those are only for the most dedicated PVE, I mean PVPers.
    Edited by PizzaCat82 on February 1, 2021 3:37AM
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Scouting missions? Ha. Traveling near across Cyro without rapids.. yeah easiest, sure.

Yes, because "easiest" doesn't mean "fastest".
This discussion has been closed.