The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Existing account linked to steam - A question about purchasing DLCs/Expansions via steam

Soris
Soris
✭✭✭✭✭
I have an ESO account for years and just recently, due to my job routine, I started playing the game via a cloud gaming service. This cloud service has the steam version of ESO, so I had to buy the steam version of the game and link it to my original account without creating a new one. I can now play it on steam via cloud and also can play using the original nonsteam files in my pc without a problem.

My question is; if I were to purchase a DLC or expansion in steam (which are much cheaper than the ESO Store webpage) would they be activated for my original account??
Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, @Soris, your account is linked to Steam ... so you can make DLC purchases through either the ESO Online Store or Steam.

Purchased DLC/Expansions apply to your account regardless of how you log in.

Might be obvious, but if you decide against Steam and make purchases through the ESO Online Store, you'll use your ESO login credentials to log in to your account and access the ESO Online Store (not your Steam credentials).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 30, 2020 9:47PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, actually I was unsure about it and then go ahaed and double check if it is linked or not. Made the purchase and it went well.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP issue is now resolved, we will be closing out the discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.