The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elderscrollsonline.com tries to install a new browser and set it as default? Edit: Issue solved

itscompton
itscompton
✭✭✭✭✭
Did the website get hacked? It seems incredibly suspicious and if it's legit it's a terrible marketing ploy.
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on December 16, 2020 8:21PM
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is not doing this on Safari or Chrome... Maybe look at your pc....
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not happening to me on Pale Moon (firefox fork).
  • Tremuto
    Tremuto
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like someone made a bad deal with some Daedra.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should check out malwarebytes you have a problem with your pc. Also enable windows defender.
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on December 16, 2020 6:17PM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not having this issue. Could be the browser itself wanting to update and for you to set it as default. But it could also be a virus, so make sure to check your pc for virusses.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. Once I read the first that said they weren't having an issue I did some checking and found the culprit redirecting my browser. What's weird is it only redirected this website and didn't come up in malware scans.
    It was something called SafetyBrowsing so I searched my C drive and found an entry buried deep in a windows user app data folder, deleted those files and now I get right in to the actual website.
  • Runaerian
    Runaerian
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not related but your issue made me think about it but for some reason the ESO website is blocked by my mobile service provider as if it's on some kind of ban list for unsafe content. I can access the forums fine though.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of the age check, maybe? The weird thing about that is, I don't think I've ever seen any content that I would consider as being inappropriate for children-- at least, not as compared to all the types of content that's out there on sites which have no age checks.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobile service providers generally have stricter controls than ISPs.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tremuto wrote: »
    Sounds like someone made a bad deal with some Daedra.

😂😂😂😂😂 the gates of oblivion have opened
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With the OP issue solved, we are going to close out the thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.