The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fix Defiles - the reduction is clearly a mistake

• ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Your videos don’t prove what you think it does except Zos shouldn’t balance the game over low mmr players.

I think you are right. maybe this is just for us, the low MMR players. I hope one day I'll reach your gameplay and get over these problems, lol.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ivramirez wrote: »
    Bashev wrote: »
    I think healing is ok but health recovery could be adjusted.

This person says that healing is ok. A video worth more that 1000 words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKA2s0QYLLA

Your video is a good example of forced modes. 2 of the groups want to play deathmach, i guess this is a group queue

For 7 minutes the greens had 7 deaths and this is one death per minute. This is really a good TTK and it is fun for players. I am sure you as a NB, you want your targets dead in 10 seconds but these 2 groups looks like they build for deathmatch. I saw WWs maybe with tons of health recovery.

@ivramirez next time in the video show the healing that each of the players did, so we can see how much shared healing was there.
    Because I can!
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your videos don’t prove what you think it does except Zos shouldn’t balance the game over low mmr players.
    Red is all high MMR players and possibly a premade team. However, they're also running a high health Warden using the HP-based heal that works on himself + another teammate. That sort of setup is not representative of "normal" healing though, so the video still doesn't demonstrate any sort of overarching problem that applies to most/all heals.

Certain classes/builds do have some OP healing/defense right now, while others are quite far behind. For instance, a Magicka Necromancer needs to crutch on proc sets in order to have worthwhile offense, but when you do that your spell damage and magicka tend to be quite mediocre. This leads to Resistant Flesh (and other) heals being quite weak, and requiring a lot of GCDs and resources in order to fill your HP back up, even when LOS'ing and not loaded up with 40 different DOTs. You can't simply stack health and still manage to fill that extended HP bar up in 1 or 2 globals. Nor can you spam 5 dodge rolls back to back while HOTs do their thing and your potion cooldown becomes available.

Certain abilities, passives, etc...could stand to see some adjustment, but simply reverting back to last patch's Battle Spirit and/or re-buffing Defile would be a terrible idea.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Red is all high MMR players and possibly a premade team. However, they're also running a high health Warden using the HP-based heal that works on himself + another teammate. That sort of setup is not representative of "normal" healing though, so the video still doesn't demonstrate any sort of overarching problem that applies to most/all heals.

Certain classes/builds do have some OP healing/defense right now, while others are quite far behind. For instance, a Magicka Necromancer needs to crutch on proc sets in order to have worthwhile offense, but when you do that your spell damage and magicka tend to be quite mediocre. This leads to Resistant Flesh (and other) heals being quite weak, and requiring a lot of GCDs and resources in order to fill your HP back up, even when LOS'ing and not loaded up with 40 different DOTs. You can't simply stack health and still manage to fill that extended HP bar up in 1 or 2 globals. Nor can you spam 5 dodge rolls back to back while HOTs do their thing and your potion cooldown becomes available.

Certain abilities, passives, etc...could stand to see some adjustment, but simply reverting back to last patch's Battle Spirit and/or re-buffing Defile would be a terrible idea.

Totally agree, it isn't representative of normal healing... A group of wardens all wearing crimson will survive just about anything. This is a simple example, but plenty set ups in optimised groups will be totally unkillable.

Certain sets need adjusting and classes too. I can assure you my Stamsorc isn't ever overhealing, of course it has many other merits as does a nightblade for example. There are so many broken and unenjoyable things in this current meta, most of that imo comes from proc sets. Players being overly tanky and doing more damage than anyone else in a light/medium build, this is only possible because of proc sets that require no offensive stat investment. Malacath and nerfs to crit chance make this even more prevalent. I think we would need to remove all proc sets from the equation to truly see where balance really sits. Rather through controls like stat scaling and global cooldown(I think they need both) or their removal from PVP altogether, which would probably help performance.

My least favourite builds to fight this patch:

Wardens with 45k health wearing crimson and another proc set of their choice, spamming arctic and next to nothing else.
    Stamcros in goliath form with 100k health in thews of the harbinger and perma blocking.
    Werewolves in alessian and crimson.

Heavy attack builds are very strong as well, but i don't mind that as it actually require player input to be successful.

This is the least skill based and most unenjoyable patch i have played to date! Even scalebreaker was better. With the performance also being so terrible the fun moments are pretty rare.

Healing in general is in a good place for most classes and offensive stat based set ups. The removal of the proc set meta will bring down the health based heals and carry sets that make people so strong atm.

• huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    Please buff Defiles <3
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in November 2020. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.