The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we please get PVE versions of Cyrodiil and Imperial city?

BlackKnight556
BlackKnight556
✭✭✭
Since someone at Zenimax decided it would be a 'fantastic' idea to put Antiquity lead drops in a purely PVP environment, attempting to farm for those leads is a nightmare. It's far worse than the normal lead farming where you have to deal with RNG, now you have to deal with enemy players as well. I spent about 4 or 5 hours last night attempting to farm for the final piece of Malacath's Band of brutality but spent most of it getting slaughtered by enemy players whom I had no interest whatsoever in fighting. You can have my Tel Var stones, you can have them all and the key fragments and any other PVP currency, you can have all of it. I just want to be able to farm for Antiquity leads in peace FFS.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a PvP zone. Just like a dungeon requires PvE
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you don't want to be bothered by PvP while farming for a PvP centric ring used to kill other players. Hmmm...
  • BlackKnight556
    BlackKnight556
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not using the ring for PVP. I don't PVP at all. All of my characters are strictly for PVE.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't I buy my leads with AP?
    PvP needs more love.
  • BlackKnight556
    BlackKnight556
    ✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Why can't I buy my leads with AP?

That would be nice but honestly, I would settle for being able to go into a PVP area with some kind of 'mercenary' status or something like that. Make me allied with everyone and unable to take part in PVP content like capturing areas. That way I can farm in peace without upsetting the balance of PVP gameplay.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not using the ring for PVP. I don't PVP at all. All of my characters are strictly for PVE.

Don't bother, the ring is absolutely terrible in PVE. We also do not need a PVE version of the PVP zones.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • BlackKnight556
    BlackKnight556
    ✭✭✭
    I still want to get it and try it for myself. See the reply above yours.
  • BlackKnight556
    BlackKnight556
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting a new thread with a new idea. This one can be deleted. I'd do it myself or edit the OP but apparently Zeni won't let you do that.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you need a new thread?
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh i don't like PVE at all. Can I get all the weapon drops of next DLC arena without playing it please. I promise i will strictly use them for pvp
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After years of complaints every single Imperial City Celebration and Midyear Mayhem, ZOS didn't suddenly forget that some PVE-only players hate IC with the fire of a thousand flame atronachs when it came time for Antiquities.

I'd be okay with a story-only PVE IC for thr players who really only want to explore and quest.

But ZOS fully intended for you to get rewards like the IC antiquities lead with the risk of PVP.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 27, 2020 7:51PM
  • BlackKnight556
    BlackKnight556
    ✭✭✭
    The_Camper wrote: »
    Oh I don't like PVE at all. Can I get all the weapon drops of the next DLC arena without playing it, please? I promise I will strictly use them for pvp

Not relevant. I want the drops and I want to farm the bosses for the drops. I just don't want to worry about getting ganked by enemy players while doing it. It's already hard enough to farm for these things without having to worry about getting killed by enemy players. All I want to do is farm leads.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I don't like PVE at all. Can I get all the weapon drops of the next DLC arena without playing it, please? I promise I will strictly use them for pvp

Not relevant. I want the drops and I want to farm the bosses for the drops. I just don't want to worry about getting ganked by enemy players while doing it. It's already hard enough to farm for these things without having to worry about getting killed by enemy players. All I want to do is farm leads.

Enemy players aren't "extra" hazards you have to worry about that should be removed so you can get on with your PVE. In a PvPvE zone like Imperial City, Enemy players are fully intended sources of risk, with ZOS encouraging conflicts around bosses by tying them into the Tel Var system.

Sort of like how in PVE arenas, the bosses themselves are the intended sources of risk. Hence the "whelp, if you want to remove an intended source of risk in PvPvE (the players), then I should be able to remove an intended source of risk in PVE (the boss)" comments.

Would that completely neuter the point of the PVE arena?
    Yeah, pretty much.

Would removing enemy players completely neuter the original concept of Imperial City as a PvPvE zone?
    Yeah, pretty much.

At a certain point, you'll have to consider whether its worth adapting to Imperial City as it was designed or to continue asking for it to be nerfed into just another PVE zone so you can farm your leads.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭

It is completely relevant. How many pvpers want to farm leads through fishing or even have to do the antiquity system at all? How many people liked killing wolves that died from one light attack in starter zones. Most hated it. Most hate the items locked behind them. If you were to take a poll of pvpers most would say they do not like Malacath. Yet in order to stay relevant and to have a half decent build you needed to level up a skill line that you did not enjoy. The point of the system is to get players into revisiting old content they have moved on from. Part of that means doing content you might not nessicarily enjoy.

Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • BlackKnight556
    BlackKnight556
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I don't like PVE at all. Can I get all the weapon drops of the next DLC arena without playing it, please? I promise i will strictly use them for pvp

Imagine you're doing an arena, you've been through it 3 or 4 times trying to get one particular item and you are in the final phase, just moments away from completing it, and suddenly [snip] comes in and kills you 'because they can' and runs off and you have to start the whole thing all over again.

This is the frustration that PVE players face when trying to farm Antiquity leads or do other PVE content in Cyrodiil and Imperial city. Saw one guy solo a dolmen in Cyrodiil and get the last boss to double-digit hp before he was ganked and screwed out of any rewards. There is literal PVE content placed in these zones. I shouldn't have to worry about getting ganked while doing them. I can decline duels in PVE zones. You should be able to deal with not being able to kill every player you come across.

[Edit for censor bypass.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 27, 2020 8:28PM
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After review, we have decided to close this thread as it seems like a duplicate to another thread found here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.