The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't Play New Character

Wildberryjack
Wildberryjack
✭✭✭✭✭
I created a new character and thanks to the game turning on ALL addons at creation she's frozen. I can't get the map to come up, can't get the interface to come up, all I get is error after error and I can't do anything. I can't get the addons to come up to turn them off, nothing. I'm NOT going to delete all my addons from the folder, it would be pointless since I'll just reinstall them and be right back where I am now.

So how do I get around this so I can get the interface to come up so I can turn off the addons one by one to find the one(s) causing the issue and actually play this character?
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rename addons folder. Create new empty folder with original name. Start moving addons there one by one.
    Also look at the errors - they might contain addon name or some API function name that could give you an idea about which addon uses it.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried disableing the addons from character select?
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can disable addons from the character select screen? I never noticed that! Wow, me blind. TY.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on September 20, 2020 3:15PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are glad to hear disabling add-ons from the character select screen helped with your character. With the issue now resolved, we will be closing the current discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.