The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I was wrongfully understood by the Customer Support as a victim of hacking.

LordArconSeptim
LordArconSeptim
✭✭✭
Hello everybody, ArconSeptim here.

More than a year ago I have been a victim of phishing and ID hijacking and as a result from that I have suffered injustice from the system in the customer support section.

First of all I want you to read all of this and have in mind that I have read the rules about posting and I know what I am writing about here, so be respectful to me as well thank you.
It won't be a waste of time for you or me.

Let me introduce myself a bit before I write out the issues I have and how they should be correctly resolved, as they could be yours as well one day and I know my one is probably not the first or last one.

[snip]

I have been playing Elder Scrolls Online since the beta testing weeks in 2013. - early 2014., it was one of the best experiences I had in such a early stage of development of a game, I was so impressed and not only because of that fact that I was a long time Skyrim and Elder Scrolls games fan in general, but I knew the game had a future. I was one of those many people who preordered the game, not just the standard but the Imperial collectors edition with that super awesome Imperial armor and white horse ;).

I played on the first day I think it was somewhere around last week in March 2014., in those early access days I met my best real life friend @Vraneon which I know since then, this game has not only brought me joy and happiness in the virtual world but it gave me a chance to meet my best friend in real life for which I am grateful. Since then and throughout the years we have invested thousands of hours of active game time, done mostly every achievement there is, I have participated in community PvP and other events and of course I have done countless quests and leveled bunch of alts, bought the subscriptions, all DLCs until that point.
Since then I have taken few breaks from the game in couple of months of time span but never more than a month or so, I can say that I have played continuously the game since 2014. until the end of last year in December 2018. and January 2019.

That time period is important as that is when I have left the game for uncertain period of time as I had to commit to my real life aspirations and issues I had at that time, I wasn't sure when I will come back to the game. But that time came early this spring, when all this chaos in real life started happening and I wanted to experience the new DLCs and new stories which seem really awesome and a great content to the game, and as a veteran player I think my opinion, our opinion matters a lot, together with my best friend and other people I have met in the game throughout the years.

[snip]

[snip] so I had to use my email I had on that account for years and next issue was I had to completely reset that email account because of breach that occurred on that email. Not only that was shocking but the next thing I found in the email and my inbox/outbox. After setting a new password, recovery methods and that awesome 2F-authenticator, I have investigated my email about any suspicious activities I had and I wasn't left out on that.

[snip] The person who hijacked my identity from the email and using my ESO account was obviously profiting for such a high profile account as mine, as I described I had all gear and lots of gold, costumes, mounts, houses and I had a small merchanting guild. [snip] It's hilarious and disgusting experience for me to read it and be a victim of account phishing and hijacking.

I was totally in shock and I couldn't believe that was happening, [snip] It is so infuriating and disappointing to me.
I am not just a customer of this company which should be treated with respect as everyone should be but also a member of a family here. Remember that.

You have to understand how it feels in my skin right now, this account meant a lot for me and still means, you should understand that, I wouldn't be wasting your or mine time and created all the support tickets and writing this if I had guilt in this. [snip] Since then I have completely reset my PC, installed antivirus software and had to reset and set up 2F-authenticator on all accounts as this was a lesson for me as well. I only wish I had set up this before and if ESO had that 2F-authenticator this wouldn't happen I'm sure in that.

[snip] please understand that as much as I understand that this is your job and that sometimes we all make mistakes but we shouldn't be final without hearing the both sides of this problem and finding the true reason.

[snip] @ZOS_GinaBruno, you understand through what I have gone and I experience.
I support and love this game company throughout the years and this means a lot for me.

[snip] as I don't plan on stopping investing my time and life in this game together with my friends and family!

Thank you for your time.

[Edited to remove Discussing Disciplinary Actions]
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 7, 2020 4:28PM
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not cool. [snip]

Good luck anyways

[Edited to remove Discussion of Disciplinary Action]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 7, 2020 4:30PM
    TherealHämähäkki
    Options
  • LordArconSeptim
    LordArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    That's not cool. [snip]

Good luck anyways

Thank you man! I appreciate you understanding the issues I am going through here.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 7, 2020 4:30PM
    Options
  • LordArconSeptim
    LordArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    The_Camper wrote: »
    [Quoted post was removed]

Of course it is that is why I am constructively creating a thread about resolving this to my favour, investigation team knows how to resolve the issue [snip]

[Edited to remove Discussing Disciplinary Actions]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 7, 2020 4:33PM
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... investigation team knows how to resolve the issue ...

The investigation team already resolved the issue ... didn’t they?

It’s not receiving any further follow-up per @ZOS_BillE.

Expect this thread to be locked soon as well ...

On the plus side, you can still enjoy ESO by starting a new account (which you may have already done).
    Options
  • LordArconSeptim
    LordArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    No the thread won't be locked because there is no censorship here towards real customer issues like this one for example.
    As I described I can't resolve this issue with random agent or someone sending me a copy pasted reply.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No the thread won't be locked because there is no censorship here towards real customer issues like this one for example.
    As I described I can't resolve this issue with random agent or someone sending me a copy pasted reply.

You'll probably still need a Support Ticket, or at least you'd do better to handle this with a Mod or Support Rep through PMs, given the amount of snippage going on here. An open forum is okay for being the squeaky wheel, but resolution is private to respect player privacy.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 7, 2020 6:27PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this thread as it involves discussing disciplinary action which is a violation of the forum rules.

@LordArconSeptim - We've sent you a PM regarding the investigation support completed regarding your account.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.