The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf is incredibly overpowered

• Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf is the biggest carry in the game atm.
    Even total baddies can do good on them.
    Most of the good players on EU agrees on that.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ScardyFox wrote: »
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    I love how all the ww roleplayers are gathering in this thread.
    Currently IC is plagued by ww groups.
    Lot of the usual pvp [snip] are running ww builds with incredible mobility,tankyness and sustain.
    And keep in mind, even if I'm a bit rusty cause I just came back to the game I run in a small scale group with few of the best pvpers in PS4 eu and they all complain about ww [snip]
    Running with 40k hp, amazing pressure and the best mobility in the game is not healthy for the game

[Quoted post was removed]

[Quoted post was removed]

Please stay on topic, and refrain from personal insults if you want to keep this thread open.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 8, 2020 1:13PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review. As the user above this post stated, staying on topic and avoid insults will help keep the thread open. Thank you for your understanding.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO WEREWOLF OR GO CRY !
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they are really annoying and have potential to be extremely deadly but for something that starts to lose class passives and is a one bar is pretty well balanced and has good options for everyone of it's morphs, I feel like vampire should have gotten some kinda change to put them at this level
    Edited by JinxxND on September 11, 2020 6:33AM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you can do on WW except dying when you get hit by venomous+sheer build (quite popular build though) with dawnbreaker/toxic barrage on top?
  • Morwaenna
    Morwaenna
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Cheesefest EZ mode.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If werewolves are so powerful then why isn't everyone running around as Werewolves. Most people who struggle against doggos are usually glass cannons with no healing output, doggos lack damage output to kill any good player and are usually seen as free AP because they're not very good in almost any situation. The only time I'd be concerned about doggos is if there's a large pack of doggos which is somewhat never seen these days.

LoL, 2 months later and more than half the Cyrodiil population at any given time are 35-40K Werewolves.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Run into 2 WW in no cp Imperial City with 52K health. They did not die or ever come out of WW form. They knew the map well and used LOS. Groups of 10-20 players could not kill them. Damage was good but not great but they did kill people and again did not die.

IC is WW paradise, they can stay in WW form forever ;)
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    If werewolves are so powerful then why isn't everyone running around as Werewolves. Most people who struggle against doggos are usually glass cannons with no healing output, doggos lack damage output to kill any good player and are usually seen as free AP because they're not very good in almost any situation. The only time I'd be concerned about doggos is if there's a large pack of doggos which is somewhat never seen these days.

If stamcros are so op why isnt everyone playing them? Thats not very good logic man.
    And like all classes, theres good and bad players. Bad wws are free ap. A good ww in a good build is pretty much unkillable most of the time

And you can say that for just about every class or race. Someone who knows how to put together a good build, has their rotation down to a science, and knows the art of combat will be almost unkillable no matter what. WW is no different.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »

If stamcros are so op why isnt everyone playing them? Thats not very good logic man.
    And like all classes, theres good and bad players. Bad wws are free ap. A good ww in a good build is pretty much unkillable most of the time

And you can say that for just about every class or race. Someone who knows how to put together a good build, has their rotation down to a science, and knows the art of combat will be almost unkillable no matter what. WW is no different.
    WW is most definitely different. Nerfing defile was absolutely a step in the right direction, for multiple reasons, but the WW self heal is still quite ridiculous. The amount of per-GCD healing needs to come down pretty substantially. If that means that the cost gets changed, or something else is improved to compensate - fine. But the current iteration of that heal is just silly.
    Edited by wheem_ESO on November 26, 2020 10:57AM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review. As the user above this post stated, staying on topic and avoid insults will help keep the thread open. Thank you for your understanding.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.

Statistical observation that can be quantified rather opinions based off of feelings should stay.

Hysteria should be removed, feelings are invalid in the face of proof.
    Edited by TheBonesXXX on November 26, 2020 3:54PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Ashtaris wrote: »

WW is most definitely different. Nerfing defile was absolutely a step in the right direction, for multiple reasons, but the WW self heal is still quite ridiculous. The amount of per-GCD healing needs to come down pretty substantially. If that means that the cost gets changed, or something else is improved to compensate - fine. But the current iteration of that heal is just silly.

The werewolf heal is only ridiculous when you factor in the werewolf having 40k+ health, even then the amount / gcd is high but so is the cost, let's not forget how much more expensive it is than any other self heal in the game.

In pvp fighting anyone with a high burst heal is abnormal for many players. Most are used to appling light pressure and then applying a burst pattern to overcome their enemies healing overtime. However a high health werewolf's burst heal can usually allow them to recover from an enemies burst damage.

My suggestion would be to allow werewolf's heal to scale off stamina and weapon damage, and when running with High damage (40k stamina/5.5k weapon damage) the build the tooltip would look something like this.

Hircine's Fortitude:
    Invoke the Huntsman's blessing, healing you for 12000 (roughly 4.8k in pvp) Health and increasing your Health and Magicka Recovery by 25% of the healing caused for 8 seconds. If you are at full Health you instead restore 3000 Stamina. While slotted you gain Major Brutality, increasing your Weapon Damage by 20%.

This lowers the werewolf's burst heal potential, and pushes werewolf away from using a proc oriented health build as their survival plummets without Weapon damage and Stamina. The residual health recovery, turns the heal into a burst/heal over time hybrid. Allowing the all the ticks of recovery brings the total healing to something similar to Vigor, and refunds part of the cost of the heal through increased magicka recovery. However using the heal in quick succession nullifies the residual "healing" and sustain.

The nature of the heal also makes it so you can't precast, keeping it unique from other healing abilities.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not make necro goliath ult and vamp lord ult able to be kept up indefinitely like werewolf and the games PvP aspect can be centred entirely around cheesy transformation tank builds, until then just make werewolf end like EVERY OTHER TRANSFORMATION ULT.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm...
    Edited by Qbiken on November 27, 2020 6:52PM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Why not make necro goliath ult and vamp lord ult able to be kept up indefinitely like werewolf and the games PvP aspect can be centred entirely around cheesy transformation tank builds, until then just make werewolf end like EVERY OTHER TRANSFORMATION ULT.

Cheese and Wine are dependant in the taste buds, personally I like Muenster cheese.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far only issue I've had with a group of werewolves is a very specific build. Leeching and crimson. Take those and add a necro tank running purge. Was fun to fight them for 30+ Minutes. Still, these are specific set combos and outside of that, werewolves seem to be in a decent spot. They've been melting pretty quick for me.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far only issue I've had with a group of werewolves is a very specific build. Leeching and crimson. Take those and add a necro tank running purge. Was fun to fight them for 30+ Minutes. Still, these are specific set combos and outside of that, werewolves seem to be in a decent spot. They've been melting pretty quick for me.
    2+ Werewolves focus firing with Knight Slayer in BGs is pretty ridiculous. It's not the highest damaging thing ever, but I've still seen them typically get ~800k-1m'ish damage each in a BG, most of it single target, and about ~85% of the total coming from holding down the left mouse button. With the state of the WW self heal and mobility, it's also basically impossible to counter pressure to any significant degree outside of running a full premade. And of course Knight Slayer goes through Mist Form and counters several defensive ultimates as well; the damage ramps up to nearly 5k per proc if using the Goliath or Vampire Lord transformations.

While I think Knight Slayer should probably be changed, this is ultimately a problem with Werewolf itself. I have yet to see another build be anywhere remotely close to what one could call effective by simply running around holding down their left mouse button, and healing themselves to full in 1 or 2 GCDs. It'd be nice if Knight Slayer was actually worthwhile for...anyone else, without being so easily abused by Werewolves.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2+ Werewolves focus firing with Knight Slayer in BGs is pretty ridiculous. It's not the highest damaging thing ever, but I've still seen them typically get ~800k-1m'ish damage each in a BG, most of it single target, and about ~85% of the total coming from holding down the left mouse button. With the state of the WW self heal and mobility, it's also basically impossible to counter pressure to any significant degree outside of running a full premade. And of course Knight Slayer goes through Mist Form and counters several defensive ultimates as well; the damage ramps up to nearly 5k per proc if using the Goliath or Vampire Lord transformations.

While I think Knight Slayer should probably be changed, this is ultimately a problem with Werewolf itself. I have yet to see another build be anywhere remotely close to what one could call effective by simply running around holding down their left mouse button, and healing themselves to full in 1 or 2 GCDs. It'd be nice if Knight Slayer was actually worthwhile for...anyone else, without being so easily abused by Werewolves.

1 million damage in a BG is nothing. 800k to 1 million damage is what most players / classes get whenever they know what they’re doing. Good players typically get 2 million damage.

Your argument is severely flawed about a specific set making a playstyle strong. There are a lot of sets in the game that are designed for particular classes. So what if a set is good on werewolf. You shouldn’t single out werewolf players for using a set that is made to good use by them.

Metas change so what is in fashion for set use changes too.

Where are all the angry posts about Stam Necros that are unkillable but still pump out 2-3 million damage?

Where are all the angry posts about Mag Sorcs that consistently blow up people from range and can escape from danger at any time?

Where are all the angry posts about Stam Sorcs that are so fast that no one can catch them, bombard spam, apply dots while they watch their opponents melt as they run off?

I can go on and on about each class...

But somehow it’s okay to crap on werewolf players over and over again, when for weeks the damn skill wasn’t even working right to begin with.

What you perceive is an easy playstyle actually is quite difficult to pull off at high level gameplay. There are many drawbacks to playing a werewolf, and I’m not gonna waste time listing it out again for the 100th time.

ZOS, if you’re reading this... just remember, you mess up werewolf coding every patch no matter if you intend to or not. Please just leave us alone. I’ve barely got to play my werewolf recently because it was broken for 3 weeks. Then, you didn’t fix the bug so I spent hours leveling back up the skill. Let us enjoy our builds and our preferred playstyle before you go and blow us up again PLEASE.
  • Jager_The_Werewolf
    I play with a small group of 4 of us. Before this patch, I didn't see many wolves in Cryo. Most days seeing one or two, other days seeing a small pack of 4-5. Now I see alot everyday. Most running crimson and some other set. Normal wolves die pretty quick. Crimson wolves take a little bit more control, but they still die.

The problem I do have with the werewolf right now, Call of the pack. I don't mind the wolves being able to stay up for a while. There should be a cap or reduce this passive. Cap, maybe 5 mins or reduce the cap to 50% max. Other then that, I believe wolves heal should cost stamina not magicka.

Im with skoomah, if you want to start complain about playstyles, Im a magdk. My Fossilize is strong. I do not like the mobility and control of magsorcs its to much to be able to streak and cc, while comboing. The vampire ulti is insane and powerful. You get 10k of each stat and heal to full instantly not to mention healing 15% of all damage you do. and thats just the start. Other then call of the pack wolves are fine. Most are easy to kill.

That being said, i don't believe werewolves are the problem. Crimson/alessia is the problem. Procs are the problem. Carry sets are the problem.

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    1 million damage in a BG is nothing. 800k to 1 million damage is what most players / classes get whenever they know what they’re doing. Good players typically get 2 million damage.
    Good players do not "typically" get 2 million damage. In fact >= 2 million damage is actually relatively rare, and usually only happens under certain circumstances; such as games with healers that end up lasting for the full 15 minute maximum duration. Even then, it's frequently only achieved with a fairly significant amount of AOE damage. I saw a Magicka Sorcerer in a recent game get 2.8 million damage, but that's only because he was using AOE proc-DOTs (Oblivion's Foe and Syvarra's Scales) in a full duration game...pretty sure Crystal Frag wasn't even on his bar.

So 800k-1m'ish damage, which was largely single target and in games that didn't go the full duration, was nothing to sneeze at. They were higher than some people and lower than others, but the gaps really weren't huge. I'm personally of the opinion that running around a BG while holding down your left mouse button should result in extremely low and easily countered (by every class) damage. And it absolutely shouldn't be rewarded with the ability to counter defensive ultimates, Mist Form, blocking, or any other method of survivability.
    Your argument is severely flawed about a specific set making a playstyle strong. There are a lot of sets in the game that are designed for particular classes. So what if a set is good on werewolf. You shouldn’t single out werewolf players for using a set that is made to good use by them.
    There are other sets that are, or should be, good for Werewolves. Why should they get virtually exclusive use of the BG-specific light armor set? It needs to be reworked into something that's more useful for Magicka setups, and not be a long forgotten relic that's really only useful on Werewolves, or the occasional dual wield Stamina build.
    Where are all the angry posts about Stam Necros that are unkillable but still pump out 2-3 million damage?

Where are all the angry posts about Mag Sorcs that consistently blow up people from range and can escape from danger at any time?

Where are all the angry posts about Stam Sorcs that are so fast that no one can catch them, bombard spam, apply dots while they watch their opponents melt as they run off?
    There are plenty of those posts around the forums, though again your damage numbers on Stamina Necromancer are a bit off. I can think of one on PC-NA that I see who gets in the neighborhood of 2m damage sometimes, and that's through very extensive use of AOE.
    What you perceive is an easy playstyle actually is quite difficult to pull off at high level gameplay.
    They literally held down their left mouse button for ~85% of their damage on any given target, while having the ability to out-heal everyone else in the game (since there weren't any health-stacked Stamina Wardens around). Sure, they had to aim their mouse cursor at whoever they wanted to focus fire, but so does almost everyone else.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good players do not "typically" get 2 million damage. In fact >= 2 million damage is actually relatively rare, and usually only happens under certain circumstances; such as games with healers that end up lasting for the full 15 minute maximum duration. Even then, it's frequently only achieved with a fairly significant amount of AOE damage. I saw a Magicka Sorcerer in a recent game get 2.8 million damage, but that's only because he was using AOE proc-DOTs (Oblivion's Foe and Syvarra's Scales) in a full duration game...pretty sure Crystal Frag wasn't even on his bar.

So 800k-1m'ish damage, which was largely single target and in games that didn't go the full duration, was nothing to sneeze at. They were higher than some people and lower than others, but the gaps really weren't huge. I'm personally of the opinion that running around a BG while holding down your left mouse button should result in extremely low and easily countered (by every class) damage. And it absolutely shouldn't be rewarded with the ability to counter defensive ultimates, Mist Form, blocking, or any other method of survivability.
    There are other sets that are, or should be, good for Werewolves. Why should they get virtually exclusive use of the BG-specific light armor set? It needs to be reworked into something that's more useful for Magicka setups, and not be a long forgotten relic that's really only useful on Werewolves, or the occasional dual wield Stamina build.

There are plenty of those posts around the forums, though again your damage numbers on Stamina Necromancer are a bit off. I can think of one on PC-NA that I see who gets in the neighborhood of 2m damage sometimes, and that's through very extensive use of AOE.
    What you perceive is an easy playstyle actually is quite difficult to pull off at high level gameplay.
    They literally held down their left mouse button for ~85% of their damage on any given target, while having the ability to out-heal everyone else in the game (since there weren't any health-stacked Stamina Wardens around). Sure, they had to aim their mouse cursor at whoever they wanted to focus fire, but so does almost everyone else.

What class do you play? Give me chance to pick it apart and ruin any fun you like to have with this game.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What class do you play? Give me chance to pick it apart and ruin any fun you like to have with this game.
    Magicka Necromancer. Feel free to explain all the nerfs that such a clearly overpowered and overrepresented class needs. (Side note: Unlike some players, I'll freely talk about my class/gear/etc...needing nerfs, if I think that it's something that will actually help the overall balance of PvP. One example being the previous absurdity that was possible with the Graverobber self-synergy.)

But it seems that you're not really understanding what I'm saying. I never said that Werewolf needs to be nerfed into the ground and made worthless, simply that nobody should be able to do "good" damage by doing nothing more than holding down their left mouse button. And health-based heals are also a big problem with the current state of the game, but that could potentially be remedied by other changes that indirectly affect multiple classes.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When did Knight slayer become a werewolf specific set?

It seams like set design seams to be the biggest issue for players complaining about werewolf.

Knight slayer should be a counter to werewolf, it cuts through their armor, and deals damage based on max health (the werewolves that players are concerned with are stacking 40K+ health).
    Caius
    PC NA
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

It seams like set design seams to be the biggest issue for players complaining about werewolf.

Knight slayer should be a counter to werewolf, it cuts through their armor, and deals damage based on max health (the werewolves that players are concerned with are stacking 40K+ health).

I think you are joking :smile:
    I also have 6 WW, KS dps is too low (heavy rotation) , WW healing can just ignore the dmg, I dont think WW can be killed by 1v1 situration when WW form is up unless new WW player or too squish setup.

WW, crimson, fear :wink:
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    No

I also have 6 WW, KS dps is too low (heavy rotation) , WW healing can just ignore the dmg, I dont think WW can be killed by 1v1 situration when WW form is up unless new WW player or too squish setup.

100%, I haven’t really done anything other than bomb recently since this cheese has just made sewers unplayable. I just played a BGs against a werewolf, 1.1M damage from him, there was absolutely 0 hope of killing him at any point and any time his health crept towards 50% he would gap close or sprint off. Werewolf is just killing all aspects of PvP at probably the fastest rate Ive seen so far.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

100%, I haven’t really done anything other than bomb recently since this cheese has just made sewers unplayable. I just played a BGs against a werewolf, 1.1M damage from him, there was absolutely 0 hope of killing him at any point and any time his health crept towards 50% he would gap close or sprint off. Werewolf is just killing all aspects of PvP at probably the fastest rate Ive seen so far.

Maybe just make a werewolf yourself, ZOS operates off of numbers. If they see the number of werewolves spike they will make an adjustment. Get your friends together, make a pack, and kill all the other Werewolves with your own werewolf army.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

This is a recording I did a few days ago showing two enemy werewolfs in a BG (deathmatch). Before you dismiss the entire video and find whatever excuse to discredit it (kinda assuming you´ll do at this point) I´ll give you some context to the video:

* The werewolf´s on green team are in a duo queue premade.
    * Myself is on voice with Tuyara/Dinokstrun since we also duo queued at the time
    * The red team also have a strong duo with a stamcro and a magblade (i knew they were duo since me and dinokstrun ended up on the same team as them a few matches later)
    * The match isn´t the highest of MMR (which kinda strengthens my points on how werewolf has no place in BG´s) but the duo´s in this match isn´t the worst either.
    * You´ll see that the worst offender in this match is the stacking of DoT procsets, in this case vMA 2h together with Unleashed Terror. The werewolfs on the enemy team ended up with 5-4 and 0-8. And in almost every BG on PCEU I see a werewolf or a werewolf premade, the results are the same.

Edited by Qbiken on December 1, 2020 4:18PM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Maybe just make a werewolf yourself, ZOS operates off of numbers. If they see the number of werewolves spike they will make an adjustment. Get your friends together, make a pack, and kill all the other Werewolves with your own werewolf army.

I usually play solo, although I’ve thought about this but I feel at the end of the day it will just be more large stalemates with 10 sets of crimson proccing leading to just more bland never ending fights that not even an outside bomber will even be able to stop.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    No

This is a recording I did a few days ago showing two enemy werewolfs in a BG (deathmatch). Before you dismiss the entire video and find whatever excuse to discredit it (kinda assuming you´ll do at this point) I´ll give you some context to the video:

* The werewolf´s on green team are in a duo queue premade.
    * Myself is on voice with Tuyara/Dinokstrun since we also duo queued at the time
    * The red team also have a strong duo with a stamcro and a magblade (i knew they were duo since me and dinokstrun ended up on the same team as them a few matches later)
    * The match isn´t the highest of MMR (which kinda strengthens my points on how werewolf has no place in BG´s) but the duo´s in this match isn´t the worst either.
    * You´ll see that the worst offender in this match is the stacking of DoT procsets, in this case vMA 2h together with Unleashed Terror. The werewolfs on the enemy team ended up with 5-4 and 0-8. And in almost every BG on PCEU I see a werewolf or a werewolf premade, the results are the same.

I get your point however from what I see most wwolves in both CP and non CP run over 40k health and between heaoth recovery, sprinting, LOS and jamming a huge health based heal when your low I’ve seen very few die, even stamden proc set tanks cant compete.