The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Random social ban

ragnarok112112
ragnarok112112
Soul Shriven
I just purchased ESO starter edition like 2 weeks ago and I randomly got a social ban. I cant use guild trader,I cant use chat to communicate with anyone. I cant request trades from people. I didnt do anything, I just played normally without speaking or anything..Please help.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are not random. You did something, even if you are not sure what it was.

Open a ticket using the Support link at the top of the page (next to "Forum", if you are English). One ticket. Note the ticket number and post it here so that someone like ZOS_BillE can make sure it is in the right place. Then, you wait. Don't update the ticket unless asked to. Reply once to each email you receive for that ticket number.
    Edited by Elsonso on August 30, 2020 2:21AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ragnarok112112
    ragnarok112112
    Soul Shriven
    ticket number: 200822-007185
    I only installed libaddon and advancedUI addon and thats all I did. But so did my girlfriend and she got nothing for it. The only "bad thing" I did was accidently attack an NPC in Vivec city. I didnt do anything else.I barely typed anything and if I did it was nothing of much significance. No swears or anything. I merely just played the game and tried to trade my gf the items she needed and realized I couldnt. To which i thought it was a bug. Then i restarted everything and when that didnt help i googled and found out i was "flagged" for a social ban and that I should contact customer support. That was 1 week ago and still nothing has been resolved.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will take a while to resolve this. Be patient. In the story of the Tortoise and the Hare, ZOS plays the role of the snail that still hasn't crossed the starting line by the end of the story. :smile: (Seriously, this will take weeks to resolve, based on prior comments in here)
    Edited by Elsonso on August 30, 2020 12:37PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ragnarok112112
    ragnarok112112
    Soul Shriven
    It did but I think its absolutely absurd that I have to wait for that long, being without any kind of trading whatsoever except "merchants". I cant chat or use guild or trade or anything. I just played the game. I didn't deserve this or to wait weeks for this to get fixed.. So imo for something (I dont know what) that I didnt do i should not wait for longer than a couple of days..especially cuz i just BOUGHT the game and started playing it and this is not a really nice welcome. But thank you..
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ragnarok112112

Thank you for posting your ticket number. Please check your forum inbox for further follow-up on the ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • LauraOblivion
    LauraOblivion
    Soul Shriven
    Think it has been quite a while since this has been an issue. We've also purchased ESO + in the meanwhile, which makes it only even worst that he cant use the game, or well, quite a big portion of the game. We do spent insanely a lot of time in the game, we are online most of our hours in a day, which makes it even so bigger reason for it to be resolved as soon as possible. Its been weeks now, neither can he trade, with me, with anyone, with any guilds, neither he can type and so on. You are quite aware of the issue. The following issue is this taking so long to resolve. We've both purchased the game on the same day, he barely typed, if nothing I am the more vocal one, so this is obviously one of those auto social bans, which is even more unfortunate that it even exists. As new players, this has been doing nothing but pulling us down in the content of the game. Its not an issue that I have ( thankfully ) but since we've been always but always playing together, since we live together, this issue has been effecting me as well. I'm sure that no one who has bought the game would have like to come across this issue, and I am saying this the nicest way possible. I ask of you to resolve this issue as soon as possible. This is a huge huge issue, and its very discouraging seeing some other players on this forum or Reddit having this same issue. I don't know what else has to be made for you to pay more attention to this issue. Its been weeks now. Please, resolve this as soon as possible. We've also bought the game after your free trail, and both fell in love with it. And so decided to buy it right away, and also buy ESO+. Please resolve it so we can both enjoy the game to its fullest as it were meant to be.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @LauraOblivion

Do you currently have an open ticket number? If so, you can post it here.
    Staff Post
  • LauraOblivion
    LauraOblivion
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @LauraOblivion

Do you currently have an open ticket number? If so, you can post it here.

Ticket number of the mentioned issue is : 200822-007185.
    Edited by LauraOblivion on September 6, 2020 5:40PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @LauraOblivion

Thank you for the ticket number. It looks like support has just responded back to help resolve your account issue.
    Staff Post