The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dodge roll cheats

kingsforged
kingsforged
✭✭✭
I've seen it several times now on my Nightblade, players with no other enemies or any action going on around them will suddenly dodge roll my attacks from stealth. No detection, no provocation, they just "suddenly" know to dodge roll to avoid my attack without even looking at me. I've also had some players try to aim light attacks at me in stealth despite not being detetced.

There's clearly an add-on or some cheat script they're using to warn them of attacks or automatically dodge rolls for them, there's no way they've seen me and there's no way they just "randomly" rolled at that point as it's PRECISELY when it needs to dodge the attack.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a little experience (and no lag) it is very easy to predict ambushes and dodge roll.
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    With a little experience (and no lag) it is very easy to predict ambushes and dodge roll.

This is with NOTHING. No debuffs applied like mark, no stealth detected and literally from behind whilst in-between any relevant areas. They literally can't see me or the direction I'm coming from and I'm attacking from range but they just suddenly "happen" to dodge roll at the EXACT moment they need to.

I followed a couple of them too, they never just randomly rolled until I used an attack, this isn't skill.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is with NOTHING. No debuffs applied like mark, no stealth detected and literally from behind whilst in-between any relevant areas. They literally can't see me or the direction I'm coming from and I'm attacking from range but they just suddenly "happen" to dodge roll at the EXACT moment they need to.

I followed a couple of them too, they never just randomly rolled until I used an attack, this isn't skill.

It is skill.

Before your attack, your character becomes visible for a short period of time and typical sounds appears when someone leaves stealth. Dodge rolling can be performed very fast. If you are lagging a bit, then this helps also. That's also why dodge roll is considered by many the best defense.
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭

It is skill.

Before your attack, your character becomes visible for a short period of time and typical sounds appears when someone leaves stealth. Dodge rolling can be performed very fast. If you are lagging a bit, then this helps also. That's also why dodge roll is considered by many the best defense.

I was BEHIND them at max snipe range, they didn't see me or hear me. They also just kept going like nothing had happened. That's not skill lol
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is skill.

I was BEHIND them at max snipe range, they didn't see me or hear me. They also just kept going like nothing had happened. That's not skill lol

snipe can always be heard. No matter the range, it does a sound clue that gives you more than enought time to react.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 30, 2020 2:02PM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

It is skill.

snipe can always be heard. No matter the range, it does a sound clue that gives you more than enought time to react.

[snip]

There does seem to be some addon that is warning players when damage is coming in from behind. I know that some players can hear sounds and can anticipate damage from behind. But there have always been a few sketchy players who always seem to know something.

We had these same conversations years ago before Miat's addon was spread publicly. And before then, a few players would always say that the other players could hear the incoming damage. That those players were just better players. [snip]

Miat's doesn't work now. But there have been cheats in this game since the beginning. [snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 30, 2020 2:02PM
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 3 years ago there was an addon that alerted you when someone detected you from stealth, perhaps it is still around?
    Edited by tplink3r1 on August 29, 2020 5:01AM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    Snipes from stealth DOES NOT always play the audio so the target could dodge when they hear it incoming. Most of the time, it's too late and you actually got hit twice already by snipe.

Also, I did encounter this already several times and I was not even from stealth. I noticed that the timing when they do dodge is just too perfect.
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

It is skill.

[snip]

There does seem to be some addon that is warning players when damage is coming in from behind. I know that some players can hear sounds and can anticipate damage from behind. But there have always been a few sketchy players who always seem to know something.

We had these same conversations years ago before Miat's addon was spread publicly. And before then, a few players would always say that the other players could hear the incoming damage. That those players were just better players. [snip]

Miat's doesn't work now. But there have been cheats in this game since the beginning. [snip]

The 2 that really stuck out to me were super sketchy in general, always running around together, always seemed to know where people are etc - but the whole "skill" thing goes out the window considering they lost the match to us by like 200 points, even with the sketchiness...

I'm not overly fussed about it considering the usual general state of this game... just putting it out there for people to be aware of.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 30, 2020 2:03PM
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    smee_z wrote: »
    Snipes from stealth DOES NOT always play the audio so the target could dodge when they hear it incoming. Most of the time, it's too late and you actually got hit twice already by snipe.

Also, I did encounter this already several times and I was not even from stealth. I noticed that the timing when they do dodge is just too perfect.

Honestly, the timing was just too good on several occasions, but their general gameplay was totally average (and they lost the match) - why I suspected cheats and not just luck or skill
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is skill.

Seriously you do not need a lot of skill to be able to dodge snipe nearly every time someone uses it on you when youre not in another fight already and someone is ganking you with snipe while youre busy fighting another player.
    Snipe got one of the loudest audios of any skill and is really easy to dodge.

It is skill.

[snip]

lol top 20 death, top 20 flag, top 30 land grab. Nice try though ;)

That kind of talk just makes me think you're the type to use something like that...

And Tbh your ranking on the BG leaderboards mean pretty much nothing regarding your skill as you just get a high rank by playing a lot and sniping a lot certainly doesnt mean you will learn the game.

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 30, 2020 2:03PM
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we are forbidden to talk about cheating and exploitation, while “someone” has the theory about the strategy that a very specific kind of bird uses, and none of it are going to make it go away, I’m not going to talk about cheating or exploitation.

I’m just quietly pointing to a search tool of the internet, the game name, and engine.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being targeted causes what I call the "combat drums" to play. You won't hear them if you're already in combat, but if you're riding cross country with peaceful music playing, and then someone targets you from stealth the peaceful music will stop and the combat drums will start playing. This is even before the snipe is released. Approaching a fight will also start the combat drums, but if you know there's no way you could be approaching a fight then you can assume you're about to be ganked.
    PC | EU
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is skill.

dude snipe makes a sound lmao
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is skill.

[snip]

Before Miat's addon was publicly, pretty much nobody knew about how you could abuse the API to do those things (despite the API documentation being publicly available for anyone), so leaving Miat and his friends aside that probably had an internal version of the addon before it was made public, probably nobody was running anything like that. And you can ask any old pvp player, nobody knew until it was made public.

[snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 30, 2020 2:04PM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is skill.

[snip]

Before Miat's addon was publicly, pretty much nobody knew about how you could abuse the API to do those things (despite the API documentation being publicly available for anyone), so leaving Miat and his friends aside that probably had an internal version of the addon before it was made public, probably nobody was running anything like that. And you can ask any old pvp player, nobody knew until it was made public.

[snip]

[snip]

I know that some players are better than me. I’m sure the op knows that as well. And as I said to the op, there is really nothing we can do about cheats except avoid those players. But please don’t claim that there aren’t cheaters in this game. There are.

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 30, 2020 2:04PM
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    lol all these flat out denial types just look totally suspect :D same kinds of people who said the same things on Destiny 2... a game now publicly known for being filled with cheaters.

I'm not denying that a skilled player COULD get a perfect dodge roll off an audio cue, I'm saying I saw incredibly AVERAGE (based on their scores, positioning, group combat etc) players suddenly pull off flawlessly timed dodge rolls seemingly out of nowhere that DIDN'T fit the rest of their performance.

Trying to attack me for even SUGGESTING that a cheat could exist... super suspect :p
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol all these flat out denial types just look totally suspect :D same kinds of people who said the same things on Destiny 2... a game now publicly known for being filled with cheaters.

I'm not denying that a skilled player COULD get a perfect dodge roll off an audio cue, I'm saying I saw incredibly AVERAGE (based on their scores, positioning, group combat etc) players suddenly pull off flawlessly timed dodge rolls seemingly out of nowhere that DIDN'T fit the rest of their performance.

Trying to attack me for even SUGGESTING that a cheat could exist... super suspect :p

I dont think most ppl were saying that there are no cheats. It is just that snipe is incredibly easy to dodge just by the audio cue if you are just being sniped while you are not in combat, so there might certainly be cheaters, but seriously i dont think that anyone who has played PvP for more than a few hours needs a cheat to dodge your snipe.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, there you go. Snipe has a super-destinctive sound announcing the skill and due to the snipe-exploit, most players know to dodge roll when they hear it. Doesnt matter how far away or how close you are, the sound is always being displayed for the target (unless they use the exploit, then you only hear one snipe but will be hit by 3-4 at the same moment). And btw (because obviously you never heard about this): even if you perma-cloak beside me, I will know you are there because I hear the sounds from your cloak-casts.

No cheating involved, just too little knowledge about game mechanics on your side.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DsI2Ky3.jpg
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe is very prevalent in BGs. People know what to be alter for and how to react.

If I'm in a BG against a competent snipe spammer, I'll often dodge roll for no reason when nothing else is happening, just in case I'm getting lined up for a desync.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deserved tbh. Overperforming Xv1 skills like Snipe (which causes desyncs constantly, even in lag free environments) should be deleted from the game.
    Edited by Qbiken on August 30, 2020 12:12PM
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭

It is skill.

not sure what game are you talking about but the character model does not appear until the ability hits, snipe makes a sound but rest of the abilities you need to predict it 100% and if you wait in corner for 2 minutes then attack, there is no way you predict it
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... Snipe spammers are saying people cheat to avoid being killed. Others say that people are using inbuilt mechanisms to counter snipe spam. Namely the sound snipe makes to alert the target.

Snipe spammers say that it is impossible to do that, and that snipe can only be avoided through cheats

Hmm...

You know, if one has to cheat to be able to counter a skill, then there's something wrong with that skill.

Pesonally I think, that some people do actually use that sound as a cue for when to dodge, and also that the sound is nowhere enough of a warning (especially when lag is factored in, and also all the other skill noises that drown out snipe warning) and snipe really could use a more PRONOUNCED type of a warning.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When there is an audio cue, snipe is very easy to avoid/mitigate. When there isn’t, you get hit by 2-3 before you can really react. The issue with snipe is when the latter happens. Either fix it so it doesn’t desync people/ fix the audio, or delete it and recreate the skill from the bottom up
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played PvP for 20 years in these games, very little in this game because of cheese like Miat's and premades in the BG arena.

1. No good PvP arena game allows for premades to be mingled with solo players. None. Moreover, the simple basic arena in any good game is going to be a very simple 4v4 Deathmatch on limited maps, not byzantine maps like IC or complex BG forms. That way newer PvPers can hop right in and LEARN on the simple arena first.

ESO doesn't have this, so as a result the numbers of PvPers has never been what it could be. Arenanet got it right in GW1 years ago with both random and group arena queues, and IMO based on the extent that types of "players" who take their video games a wee bit too seriously, premade arenas are a waste of time in these games. GW was always insta queue into their random arenas, and there's a HUGE reason for that.

2. No game that allows, and doesn't instantly instaban use of something like Miat's is worth one's time IMO. Much better options in PvP land out there.

3. Finally, one thing I've learned as a fact in these games over many years. There are never as many cheaters as newer/inexperienced players believe there are, but FAR more than the "wee bit too serious" crowd will ever admit.
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    lol you've all just latched onto snipe :D this isn't a snipe post. My original post didn't say anything about snipe, that was just 1 example that was especially suspect from 2 players that seemed to know more than they were capable of actually playing with. I've seen it on a bunch of different attacks, from players who haven't had the skill to back it up.

I'm not saying it's everyone, every single time, I'm just saying I've seen some REALLY suspect perfectly timed dodge rolls that did not seem to match the players ability and looked to me a lot like they were warned or were automatically dodging.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol you've all just latched onto snipe :D this isn't a snipe post. My original post didn't say anything about snipe, that was just 1 example that was especially suspect from 2 players that seemed to know more than they were capable of actually playing with. I've seen it on a bunch of different attacks, from players who haven't had the skill to back it up.

I'm not saying it's everyone, every single time, I'm just saying I've seen some REALLY suspect perfectly timed dodge rolls that did not seem to match the players ability and looked to me a lot like they were warned or were automatically dodging.

I mentioned snipe, but the point I was trying to make doesn't have to include snipe. When you target someone and press the skill button it immediately puts the person you were targeting into combat, even before any skill-specific audio cues. It doesn't take a huge stretch of the imagination to see how suddenly hearing that they're in combat might make someone take evasive action. Also, I don't think anyone here is actively disbelieving you, it's just that you haven't provided any evidence, just your conviction. You might be right, but the general consensus is that the level of insight you suspect can no longer be achieved with addons, and needs actual cheat engine. Provide some video evidence and your thread will gain more traction. When you call IT support you can't blame them for asking if it's plugged in and switched on.
    PC | EU
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen it several times now on my Nightblade, players with no other enemies or any action going on around them will suddenly dodge roll my attacks from stealth. No detection, no provocation, they just "suddenly" know to dodge roll to avoid my attack without even looking at me. I've also had some players try to aim light attacks at me in stealth despite not being detetced.

There's clearly an add-on or some cheat script they're using to warn them of attacks or automatically dodge rolls for them, there's no way they've seen me and there's no way they just "randomly" rolled at that point as it's PRECISELY when it needs to dodge the attack.

Yea I've seen that a lot too. Also seen a ton of people in Cyrodiil fighting someone else and not even paying attention to me yet they time their dodge rolls perfectly to coincide with my attacks, not spamming either.

There are known cheat egnines for this kind of thing, but without even reading the thread I am sure everyone said it is skill, no one cheats in ESO...