Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magcro harmony bombing is the hardest carry since the bash build but doesn’t get fixed

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
Just remove the self synergy from graveyard. its insane how this is just the best build in the game for every size of play, CP, non CP, battlegrounds solo, small scale and large scale this is the one build that prevalent across absolutely every PvP play type and why wouldn’t it be its got the killing potential of a magblade ultra glass cannon bomber but with nearly 30k health and a sword and board, a borderline bombing tank. Like come on You’ve sold enough copies of elsweyr already, now time to get rid of this obscene pay to win exemption to to what a synergy actually is.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its prevalant in all forms of pvp because thats about the only thing magnecros can really do.... And it really is not that hard to avoid
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've disliked the Harmony Synercheese all along, but without it Magicka Necromancer's offense is trash. Even with it, the class is bottom of the barrel in BGs. Even with a glass cannon setup it'll often do around 6k - 7k on an unblocked non-crit against Stam builds in no-CP...I've been hit that hard by a single use of Biting Jabs without taking the Burning Light proc into account. And that Stamplar won't need to wait 20 seconds until the next Jabs activation, or dedicate a set of jewelry to just one stupid gimmick, or have their burst window ruined by friendly players' synergies being available, etc...

While the damage will go up significantly with a Colossus debuff, it's still an all-or-nothing proposition. If your burst attempt fails for one reason or another, you're left with mediocre damage and janky/buggy mechanics. Yes, it's annoying to get 1-shotted by a combo that you didn't see coming in time to either avoid or block, and yes it should be changed. But if you think Magicka Necromancer is such a carry class, you should actually try it out yourself. The class is very underrepresented (except maybe for bombing Zergs in Cyrodiil?) precisely because it's not a carry class. Frankly, it sucks and Zenimax should be rather embarrassed at how janky and buggy it is, and has been since Elsweyr's PTS. But I guess it's supposedly good in PvE and the Stamina version is strong in PvP, so they don't seem too keen on putting much effort into it.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Just remove the self synergy from graveyard. its insane how this is just the best build in the game for every size of play, CP, non CP, battlegrounds solo, small scale and large scale this is the one build that prevalent across absolutely every PvP play type and why wouldn’t it be its got the killing potential of a magblade ultra glass cannon bomber but with nearly 30k health and a sword and board, a borderline bombing tank. Like come on You’ve sold enough copies of elsweyr already, now time to get rid of this obscene pay to win exemption to to what a synergy actually is.

No.

Magcro self synergy is fine and needed for Magcro or then has to pretty much buff other Magcro skills to a level that can secure kills without going so hybrid that you are more Stamcro than Magcro. Vampire Magcro is decent, but even that (for me) is more hybrid.. and gimmicky.

So instead of nerfing something.. how about you avoid that Synergy area or Block? Easier than changing things on the game just because of you.

Think only 1 (one) time during whole year that Synergy has been on my death recap or reason for me dying. So.. i guess it is not a problem for people who move out of nasty danger zones when see a burst combo incoming. *shrugs*

• Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its prevalant in all forms of pvp because thats about the only thing magnecros can really do.... And it really is not that hard to avoid

Your assuming that skill is on ground while before synergy is used. Then it is easy to avoid

But using that skill and then right next GCD using synergy means there is little to no time at all. One GCD just isnt enought.
    Also, it isnt 10k damage. Its usually around 20 and average health in pvp is 25-30k health.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

No.

Magcro self synergy is fine and needed for Magcro or then has to pretty much buff other Magcro skills to a level that can secure kills without going so hybrid that you are more Stamcro than Magcro. Vampire Magcro is decent, but even that (for me) is more hybrid.. and gimmicky.

So instead of nerfing something.. how about you avoid that Synergy area or Block? Easier than changing things on the game just because of you.

Think only 1 (one) time during whole year that Synergy has been on my death recap or reason for me dying. So.. i guess it is not a problem for people who move out of nasty danger zones when see a burst combo incoming. *shrugs*

They have literally created something a synergy Damage ability, that you can synergise yourself, which is entirely unique and introduced alongside harmony as a jewellery trait in the same update, a painfully obvious cashgrab to get ballgroup PvP players to buy a DLC you otherwise didn’t need to purchase. You must be playing minimal to no PvP because there are just too many in PvP it is just impossible for it to not be in your recap, I play solo in the sewers and see it at least once a day, even one running up behind you whilst you 1v1 someone else and synergise it. People I have played with who are incredibly average to garbage PvP players tell me they’ve never played an easier build other than the bash build. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 8, 2020 12:33PM
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    @Fawn4287 in one thread you want block nerfed in the other one you want to destroy magcros only viable option in pvp, do you expect people to take you seriously?
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saubon wrote: »
    @Fawn4287 in one thread you want block nerfed in the other one you want to destroy magcros only viable option in pvp, do you expect people to take you seriously?

Maybe he should try to block the synergy, since by his own words, block offers to much mitigation :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saubon wrote: »

Theres nothing strong about block + sword and board, the fact 8/10 PvP builds mag and stam use it Isn’t because its overtuned but because people like the playstyle right?

Yes a non ult ability that hits for 15K+ and heals for the damage done isn’t OP at all is it? Its just the backbone of every ballgroups DPS for the sake of it
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Removing this would completely make magcro the most useless class/spec in the game.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If removing it makes Magcro useless, why not just petition for buffs tonother aspects of their kit?

I agree that the synergy harmony combo is cheap as *** but unless Magcro gets other buffs they can just keep their niche.

What ZoS shouldn't do is buff them and let them keep it.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree it’s kinda lame but I’m curious what the actual complaint is. That they self synergize and by definition that seems off to you? Or that it does so much damage?

The self synergy thing is a weird exception. Focusing less on the word itself though and more on the game... I’m not so sure I mind. What would make me happy is if they introduced more self synergies for other classes. Tbh I’m not sure if using 2 gcd for one skill is all that worth it IMO. But it might as well be an option. Same with harmony jewelry... woop dee doo. I just don’t think it’s very good... but I’m not going to begrudge someone their niche.

Cuz magcro does seem very niche right now.

Honestly this forum confuses me sometimes. Not this thread but this forum. I’ll see the same names wishing there was a way to combat the Zerg but then some of the same people will despise a colossus or a harmony bomb.

Pay to win? Some spoiled people around here boy. Life is pay to win. Get used to it. There are players that actually do content not just pvp. That would be bored of this game, 2 3 or 5 years later. If it weren’t for new metas, new zones, new gear, new skills and new classes. And yes, the gear has to be slightly better or it’s not worth grinding aka everybody is still bored.

So. Ultimately. You know why we should pay for the expansions? Cuz they put a lot of work into it and we are getting things we want. And if you choose not to pay your 60 bucks or whatever... I mean let’s be honest, you’re a mooch and what’s worse you’re a complaining mooch... who cares what you think?

I tell you what would be messed up. If I bought every expansion ever, and you bought none, and you were still able to compete with me and/or had access to everything I had.

• DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harmony MagCro. There is nothing wrong with this at all. There is a very easy way to not get clapped by this. Do not stand in the graveyard. Slappy is a really good ult, the graveyard is a very good skill, however they lack mobility. If you see it pop up roll dodge, do whatever.

It really is a l2p situation.

I dont play this way, cause im not really a bomb type of player, but I hope this doesnt get nerfed. Just because its strong, and different doesnt mean it needs nerfed.
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

I have also played since 2015 but the worse performance gets the less of my friends play leaving me to play in a duo or solo, the people I find that have the least issues with the game regardless of meta and patch are those that play less difficult playstyles, large group players and zerg players surrounded by healers generally have minimal problems when you rely on others to essentially do half the work of playing for you, try playing solo and see the long list of issue you can come up with

[edited to remove quoted post]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 8, 2020 3:34PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone died to the weakest class in pvp....

Really, what is the bother with the self synergy? Teams and zergs use harmony with team members' skills to the same end. Anyone generates ultimate faster than the cool down on Boneyard. Other classes have skills that hit just as hard with no 20 second cool down.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is not the skill nor the synergy, it’s the trait. You get the same result if you encounter a well coordinated farming group with somebody picking up a nova synergy with damage ranging from 20 to 27k, the difference is that a magcro can pop its own which I think is cool and unique, but set aside the skill and if you look at the trait that has been broken and abused far before the necromancer release. People just didn’t care, maybe because it required one person to sacrifice their infused jewels to be a synergy monkey 🐒 perhaps, but nevertheless magcro should be left alone if not buffed instead and harmony needs to be adjusted. It’s been long overdue for a nerf.
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    try playing solo and see the long list of issue you can come up with

Aside from Saturday, Sunday comp groups, I play solo, and small scale. I have never thought to myself "darn, HarmonyCros are p2w, and this class needs nerfed"

The first time i got hit by a 15k graveyard i said 'well lets not step in that again'
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

You must be playing minimal to no PvP because there are just too many in PvP it is just impossible for it to not be in your recap[snip]

[edited for baiting]

If only you knew how much i play PVP in all of its forms.. it`s way too much, like all 12+ hours everyday, sometimes 20 hours.. yeah - i got no life.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

They have literally created something a synergy Damage ability, that you can synergise yourself, which is entirely unique and introduced alongside harmony as a jewellery trait in the same update, a painfully obvious cashgrab to get ballgroup PvP players to buy a DLC you otherwise didn’t need to purchase.

[edited for baiting]

Ahh yes I remember magcros being introduced a year early with summerset... Your timelines are a bit off
  • setayco
    setayco
    ✭✭✭
    If removing it makes Magcro useless, why not just petition for buffs tonother aspects of their kit?

I agree that the synergy harmony combo is cheap as *** but unless Magcro gets other buffs they can just keep their niche.

What ZoS shouldn't do is buff them and let them keep it.

Yes before removing the only viable option for burst that magicka necromancer has we should first discuss proper buffs to its class kit before removing its niche or toning it down. The necromancer as a whole has a lazy class design feel to it and barely supports the vision of being able to perform all roles as the damaging skills are very lackluster. Tether for example( shocking tether to be exact) is very avoidable while being free there is no inner synergy and value to use outside of the 3% damage increase for slotting. The scythe in most games represents reaping or for example finishing off a mortal and carrying the soul the underworld.
    Its current use is an aoe heal with heal over time attached.
    It could be a easy implementation of another class execute which so far only 2 classes posses one. 3 if you want to count wardens’ bear.
    The skulls could gain a. Projectile speed increase and a better animation to provide better light attack weaving, for example dont make the weapon dissapear completely when throwing the skull or tone down the lengthy animation of throwing the skull.
    And lastly the magicka morph of blastbones could have 2000-2500 healing absorption, or minor mangle to reduce enemy max hp by 10% bringing it
    Close to the stamina morph of major defile while not breaking the dps of the skill performing in pve simultaneously.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    Hey folks, we have removed a few comments that were disruptive to the discussion. While It is perfectly acceptable to disagree with others on the forum, we do ask you to not put other people down for their opinions, ideas, or suggestions. Please remember that posts that insult or bait others violate our forum rules. Please be mindful of our rules when posting in the future.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not nearly good enough to warrant a nerf
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 9, 2020 7:38PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMeanOne wrote: »

No.

They have literally created something a synergy Damage ability, that you can synergise yourself, which is entirely unique and introduced alongside harmony as a jewellery trait in the same update, a painfully obvious cashgrab to get ballgroup PvP players to buy a DLC you otherwise didn’t need to purchase.

[edited for baiting]

Ahh yes I remember magcros being introduced a year early with summerset... Your timelines are a bit off

You are correct, my bad
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without harmony bombing what do macros even have?

I agree that it can be annoying when there's a lot of traffic or you're fighting a good group that knows how to keep you snared/rooted just long enough get caught in it, but there's still a simple solution to this -- don't charge head first into the ball that's coming straight at you.

Outside of that though magcros don't offer much. I've literally fought some of the best magcros on my server, and outside of things like keep defense/assault or running around a huge fight where you can accidentally get caught in a graveyard from all the commotion, I don't think I've ever died to one 1v1 or out in the open. Just avoid the big red and white circle on the ground and there's literally nothing they can do to you. Since I'm a magblade I usually don't kill them either, typically we just go round and round for a few minutes until we get bored, awkwardly stare at each other for a second, and then go our separate ways.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not nearly good enough to warrant a nerf

Its incredibly overpowered and requires literally 2 buttons to do more than most ultimates pre balorgh proc
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harmony trait is the culprit here, it should be a mechanic that rewards fighting outnumbered but is instead a flat bonus that works just as well when zerging someone down.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harmony trait is the culprit here, it should be a mechanic that rewards fighting outnumbered but is instead a flat bonus that works just as well when zerging someone down.

This

The number of times I’m outnumbered 6 or 7 v 1 or 2 with half a dozen AOEs on the ground already then some magcro runs in out of nowhere and get whammed by a 10k hit, like at least a magblade has to proc up an ability that hits still not even as hard
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm with the others. It needs to be toned down. They need to remove the ability to self synergize and boost the MagCro SIGNIFICANTLY elsewhere to compensate.
  • Curcubicolor
    Curcubicolor
    Soul Shriven
    They haven't adjusted the magicka morph for blastbones (at time if writing) and you would want them to remove the only special playstyle magcro has that uses class abilities. Maybe tweak the harmony trait itself (if this is even a problem to begin with) but the self synergy morph is so unique in the way it works with the undaunted passive and without all of that what would players even do with the class in its current state, switch to stamina or switch most class abilities to others.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that the class is poorly designed and offers nothing but collossus and self synergy isn't an excuse to leave an easily abused mechanic in place. The fact that no one ever considers harmony for anything anywhere besides on Necro kind of points out that the problem isn't harmony but the Necro.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They haven't adjusted the magicka morph for blastbones (at time if writing) and you would want them to remove the only special playstyle magcro has that uses class abilities. Maybe tweak the harmony trait itself (if this is even a problem to begin with) but the self synergy morph is so unique in the way it works with the undaunted passive and without all of that what would players even do with the class in its current state, switch to stamina or switch most class abilities to others.

That is terrible logic, the idea that since the mag morph of blastbones doesn’t add a damage boost for distance run any more since they made the thing consistent and actually work, graveyard deserves to keep hitting for 15k and heal for the damage done? The extra distance travelled damage would have been offset by the reliability of the skill in most cases anyway
This discussion has been closed.