The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do some of you favor any change?

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the comments, but I still have not see anyone who normally opposes things say what they support (or supported) before it was granted.

Saying that many ideas are bad or not well thought out or whatever is not what I am asking.

It does look like those who oppose new ideas (in general here especially) always do so. I was wanting something showing I was wrong in this view, but all I see here is reasoning why things can't be done, which fits with not liking any suggestions.

Note that this is not concerning whether changes will ever happen nor is it about other things. Only about whether those who say "no" do so in general. It seems that is true, unfortunately.

I think you may mistake some comments as being against it when it is really saying we do not think Zos will consider it.

Case in point that has been already been mentioned. There have been many threads asking for Alliance Change options. Zos stated there were technical issues with creating such an option. While we mentioned in those threads Zos' comments we were not against the idea.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem to be having fun patting each other on the back, but I wasn't asking for your support of any idea I have advocated. I was just asking if people like you (VaranisArano and tmbrinks here) ever advocated a proposed change before ZoS had already approved it.

I suppose multi-filet for fish would be the first I have seen, though even that was not directly advocated.

I am not asking if you support my ideas. Perhaps they are really are all bad. (I doubt that, including because I have significant development experience and thus understand some of that aspect as well.) But that was not the question, though it seems to be one thing you keep answering.

I am looking for evidence those like yourselves ever support anything rather than always being against things.

This is important because you can never really discuss ideas if many who participate only put down whatever idea is presented. That is why I asked the question.

Any given idea may of course be bad, but that does not mean all ideas or suggestions are bad, but that is the idea that gets put forth in the discussions on improvements I have seen, especially in the Crafting area where this was posted.

(I am not addressing the "nerf this" and "buff that" discussions. Those will always happen in MMOs.)

I am not sure if this will make the point clear, but I am not sure how to make it clearer.

Hey, can you do me a favor?

Scroll back up and read my comment where I provide you a quote of me asking for an alliance change token back in 2018, well before we got one in 2020.

Thanks!

(If you are in need of further evidence of approving a change which ZOS has not yet implemented, I direct you to your own thread here, wherein I agree with you that Master Writs could be more user friendly: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/485224/master-writs-need-to-be-easier-to-track )
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 1, 2020 5:27PM
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    Hey folks! As this thread seems to have devolved into an argument between users, we have decided to close it. Our community is made up of a diverse group of individuals who have a variety of interests, opinions, and backgrounds. Each person brings their own thoughts and ideas to the table. You will not always agree with all the opinions you encounter on the forum, and that’s okay. Some people may want to see the game remain unchanged but other have ideas that they believe in and we welcome them to share them here on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.