The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Locked out of email I used to sign up for ESO, how to get new one associated with account?

EdmondDontes
EdmondDontes
✭✭✭✭✭
I used a gmail account when signing up to ESO. I've been using the account for a couple years with no issues. But a couple days ago they forced me to do two party verification. I figured no big deal, i'd enter my phone number and they'd let me log in. But, instead, they said they sent a text to my phone with a code....but my phone does not get texts, it's a land line. So, long story short, I will likely never again be able to log into the email account I used to set up ESO.

What happens when I have to do email verification for login purposes now?

Anyway, I need to find out how to associate a new email account with my ESO account.

I could not find how to do this, but I'm sure it' on here somewhere if someone could please post a link. I did updates to my router today, my IP has changed, and I'm pretty sure it's going to ask me to do email verification next time I try to log in, or even if I try to login to my account via the web and make an update.

Any advice please to make sure I don't get locked out of my ESO account too?
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, ya, never mind.

I just tried to log in to my gmail account again, and I successfully logged in, added two party verification info I know for sure will work going forward, and I should be fine. That assumption that my phone got texts when it doesn't screwed things up for a few days, but apparently not permanently. Got back in and all good now.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for posting that you've gained access to the email account. Since the issue is now resolved, we will be closing the discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.